Huddersfield (H) 03Mar - 15:00KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some spurs fans really pissed me off today slagging some of the players. We are on a good run of form right now winning our games, our players should not be facing abuse because they made a few mistakes. We aren't Woolwich Fan TV, so cut that sh*t out, it is not helpful or productive.

DXYJnXJUMAAc1o6.jpg:large

Dear Dierdre,

I just had to write to you as I don't know where else to turn. I've been in a long term relationship ever since I was young with my football team, Spurs, and whilst there have been many ups and downs, I've always been faithful. Recently things just feel different, and I don't know what to make of it. In the past its always been so exciting, it seemed like you could never be sure what was going to happen next. Now, well today for example, I just watched us play and it was such a comfortable win, almost, well I won't say dull (never that!), but just, well, almost routine. Never for a moment did I think we were going to play their striker in, or that Hugo (that's our goalkeeper) was going to throw one in his own net. Even the referee didn't seem to be trying to gift the opposition the game. This has been happening more and more recently, and I'm starting to worry the thrill might be going out of our relationship. Don't get me wrong, I've never even dreamed of watching another team, I still love Spurs dearly, in fact recently they've been better than ever to me. Its just this all feels so strange. Is it normal after a long time that the initial excitement wears off, and people just become, well, more like good friends with their club? Is this how most football fans feel all the time? The other thing that worries me a lot is that if this carries on I might end up becoming like one of those smug entitled cunts from down the road, and that's such a horrible thought, I just find it unbearable. I'm at my wits end, please can you help Dierdre?

Confused,

N17

Right, just getting this in now, ahead of the rush:

Sunday 13th May
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
Wembley Stadium; K.O. 15.00

A lot riding on this one... let's give Wembley the send off it derserves:

[formation=442, Mimms, Kerslake, Vega, Fenwick, Tramezzani, Fox, Mabizela, Sherwood, Acimovic, Booth, Rasiak][/formation]

Let's 'ave it you slaaaaaaaaags!!!! :bentley:
:adesalute::avbshock::dempsey:

We'll win 7-4 but the actual score will be 4-0 to Huddersfield.

They will bring on their new signing called VAR who has the power to make all our goals void for absolutely no fucking reason

Kane may have been a bit off on his finishing, but he couldn’t have walked that assist over to Son and placed it any better. Just fantastic. Even when his finishing is off he still does all the things that make us go up front.

Also, how refreshing to see our official attendance as the number of people actually attending the match, rather than the laughable bullshit dribbled out by Woolwich (and others)
Over 68,000 v Huddersfield is a remarkable turnout given the circumstances. Compare that to 25,000 or so that actually turned up for Woolwich v MAN CITY!!? and its easy to see who's Londons top club.

Last edited:
Sissoko ...release him
I’ll assume you were not at the game and therefore did not see how effective in CM he was when he came on.

Quite impressive with the ball and solid running as usual.

Tiresome the abuse the guy is taking, granted being at the game you can sometimes miss stuff but I saw nothing at all to criticise the bloke over today?

I felt the whole team deserved credit for today. Really professional performance.

Bit late on my take in the game but here goes...

Crowd/tickets:

All a bit strange. Like a poster above I thought this was looking like 75000/80000 going by the available seats left - I’m a bronze member and left it late before getting tickets for me and my boys.

Lots of tourists and possible first timers. Feel a bit conflicted over this as we can all see our fan base growing (at the expense of our nearest and dearest neighbours). However, as my 14 year old pointed out (he was apoplectic) there were so many people up and down throughout the whole match (late in; early for HT; hotdogs; merchandise; sweets; leaving early - gone by 70 minutes FFS)...

All led to a slightly flat atmosphere.

On the pitch:

Routine - in a very heartwarming way. I’ve been going to Spurs for the best part of 40 years and have rarely known us to do ‘routine’ - in an assured, comfortable in our own skin, confident and business as usual sense. And it felt great.

No poor performers. Sonny the undoubted MoM. Big shout to the unflappale centre halves; Dier (who must be knackered and running on adrenaline) ; Dele who looks to be leaving his early season funk behind; and Kane (whose hard work can only be appreciated watching him live).

Lastly: given our ascent and the now ‘routine’ nature of games like this I’d like us (the fans) to match our squad and manager by staying classy. No need for Gooner-style meltdowns; no need to single out individual players for ad hominem attacks (who we all know aren’t quite good enough) - keep giving them our support.

Enjoy games like today’s. Wednesday night won’t be anywhere as ‘routine’ as today. I’m nervous now on Sunday morning. Fuck knows what I’ll be like by kick off. I know I want to be part of a glory glory night shared with and inspired by the players, the manager and the fans...

COYS

Good professional win. Barely got out of second gear.

No one injured, another games fitness for a few and a big game under the Wembley lights coming up in midweek.

Kind of game we'd have fucked up in the past. Not any more. Not Pochs Spurs. Great 3 points...and if we do go on to make top 4 its a huge achievment under the circumstances. UP THE SPURS!

I was with one first timer (12). One second timer but first time at Wembley (29) and one lapsed regular attender and first time at Wembley (52).

Despite the freezing weather, shit public transport (2 hours to get there and 3.5 hours to get home) and 45 min queue to get back to Wembley Park they all loved the day.

None wanted to leave before the final whistle and my bother in law, to his credit, refused to buy his 12 year old a half and half scarf (bought her a Spurs one instead). Teaching her right from wrong early on!.

As much I hate Wembley, it has made attending Spurs games much more accessible and will do wonders for making sure kids and future fans don't get tempted by the dark side.

Kane is not a machine. Yet Kane will keep trying until he scores and he contributes when he doesn’t
Deli has always been a player that does little but changes games.
That’s why he’s kept on.
If you watched him when we haven’t got the ball he’s very important.

Messi has 4 goals in the last 6
Kane has 5

Back
Top Bottom