How Important is Kit Colour?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see your point, but I don't think the choice is just plain white shirt versus Nike kit. I think having variety in kits is fine as long as they are not embarrassing. In many cases across the league it looks like the designers ran out of ideas and looked into air sickness bags for inspiration. Keep the alternative kits, just don't make players wear kit that has no discernable connection to team history or good taste.
Of course they run out of ideas. Especially with plain kits like ours

That's interesting, because it reinforces the idea that beauty (or in this case, strength) is in the eye of the beholder - because I see the blue shorts/white shirt combo as a much stronger look than all white, which I see as a bit weak & lily-livered. As a player, I'd hate to be in an all white strip.

However, the taupe jim-jams seem to be bucking the trend pretty much every time they're worn. I've gone from hating them to loving them.
I don't think it's so much the colours, but what you associate them with. An all White kit reminds me of Real Madrid, no stronger Football team in World History.

I wonder how people would look at a Gold top with light Blue shorts had Brazil never worn it.

One of my Saturday league sides changed their first kit to the Brazil kit. We loved it, started giving each other Brazilian names and we actually went out trying to emulate them. Not very well of course, but just the association had us believing we could play in that flowing way.

I'd have loved to play in an all White kit.

You'll change your mind when we clinch the Premier League title wearing them.

HZuuML5.png
I really like that kit.

I don't think it's so much the colours, but what you associate them with. An all White kit reminds me of Real Madrid, no stronger Football team in World History.

I wonder how people would look at a Gold top with light Blue shorts had Brazil never worn it.

One of my Saturday league sides changed their first kit to the Brazil kit. We loved it, started giving each other Brazilian names and we actually went out trying to emulate them. Not very well of course, but just the association had us believing we could play in that flowing way.

I respect your views, but I want us to be the Number 1 Spurs team, not the Number 2 Real Madrid.

I respect your views, but I want us to be the Number 1 Spurs team, not the Number 2 Real Madrid.
That's not really what I'm saying though. It's what the colours inspire in you. It doesn't have to be Real Madrid, it can be 1981 Cup Winners Cup Spurs, who played all in White.

There will always be preferences, no one is alike. But I've always seen the all White kit as 'classy' personally, and synonymous with us in Europe. Blue shorts for domestic, White for international. That's always been Spurs colours for me.

Personally I think it should be blue shorts for domestic and white shorts for Europe. I like simple kits and sensible colours. The third kits have been horrible over the last few years. Just go back to yellow or light blue.

Again it’s personal opinion, but I don’t like that clubs these days sometimes wear their home kits at away matches. What’s that about?

Nave blue shorts AND SOCKS for everything, OK white shorts Europe

Fuck the away strips. What extra revenue does that generate?

Our away strip should be NAVY BLUE DAVE MACKAY no 4

We stopped using it as it clashed with ref strips which isn't an issue now.

Where would we have clashes? Almost nowhere

241-189.jpg

Brazil played in all white before the gold and blue

i would love a simple white shirt,blue shorts for domestic, and all white for Europe(on hold at the moment...) And for it to be kept for 3 seasons at least.We have 3 kits,so we could still release a new kit every season

241-189.jpg
Superb shirt.I bought one of these the other month

Last edited:

241-189.jpg
Got that in White. It's a bit ratty now from wearing it for years, between washes before you ask!

Wife wanted me to bin it, but I told her she goes before the shirt...

Good job my sofa is really comfortable for sleeping on.

Back
Top Bottom