How Important is Kit Colour?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

General colour, yes, it's important.
I'm not a fan of all white either.

But my word the whining over kit design every fucking year drives me bananas.
Having to explain to them, every time, that we get this weird shit every year because Nike pay us a lot of money and they have to make it back. You can't just sell 1 plain white shirt for 10 years and keep making money.
So just GTF over it.

stevee stevee - actually I’m wrong, forgot our very first recorded kit was “dark blue”. The club was formed before this but this was the first one recorded.

IMG-2872.jpg

Also:

IMG-2871.jpg

I fully understand and get your pathological hatred of all things red, so I've often wondered how you feel about our old club badge.

4VHFxRd.png

Personally, I see the red as yet another thing they've tried to steal from us, out of envy. Always our scummy, poor, unwelcome cousins, who've moved in down the road.
I don't mind a bit like that, but the AIA logo is HUGE and takes up so much space on the front. I also hate it when the stadium goes all red when they put up the AIA advertising - what's wrong with white??

Personally, I like the all white kit. Makes us look really elite and strong IMO.
That's interesting, because it reinforces the idea that beauty (or in this case, strength) is in the eye of the beholder - because I see the blue shorts/white shirt combo as a much stronger look than all white, which I see as a bit weak & lily-livered. As a player, I'd hate to be in an all white strip.

However, the taupe jim-jams seem to be bucking the trend pretty much every time they're worn. I've gone from hating them to loving them.

That season where we had the blue gradient on the kit (which looked fantastic with the shorts) but we wore white shorts with it in Europe will never cease to amuse me because of how shit it looked.

That season where we had the blue gradient on the kit (which looked fantastic with the shorts) but we wore white shorts with it in Europe will never cease to amuse me because of how shit it looked.
I've bought that shirt recently, so smart, I love it.
But you're absolutely right, should never be seen in public with white shorts.
:ange-facepalm:

I have generally hated the majority of out away kits ,especially the "grey/pink /brown" thing we currently have.
I am happy with all white kits for Europe only as its a statement. I do like the traditional blue shorts , white top combo.

General colour, yes, it's important.
I'm not a fan of all white either.

But my word the whining over kit design every fucking year drives me bananas.
Having to explain to them, every time, that we get this weird shit every year because Nike pay us a lot of money and they have to make it back. You can't just sell 1 plain white shirt for 10 years and keep making money.
So just GTF over it.
I see your point, but I don't think the choice is just plain white shirt versus Nike kit. I think having variety in kits is fine as long as they are not embarrassing. In many cases across the league it looks like the designers ran out of ideas and looked into air sickness bags for inspiration. Keep the alternative kits, just don't make players wear kit that has no discernable connection to team history or good taste.

I see your point, but I don't think the choice is just plain white shirt versus Nike kit. I think having variety in kits is fine as long as they are not embarrassing. In many cases across the league it looks like the designers ran out of ideas and looked into air sickness bags for inspiration. Keep the alternative kits, just don't make players wear kit that has no discernable connection to team history or good taste.

Taste is subjective........ The fact is our most garish kit ever was a big seller.

xq71to9rvg191.jpg

Personally; I think our 1st and 2nd kits should be trad. colours and the 3rd should be fun and something that is a bit more varied from year to year.

I also think the all white this season looks pucka.

I like all 3 kits this season.

Back
Top Bottom