Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to meeting up with my friends before the game, and our first home game, but not thrilled with Stoke being our first opponents, still we've got to play them sometime. I just want to smash 'em out of the park.

2-0 borefest, 2 own goals by shaquiri when he realises he's signed for fucking stoke and reckons the fastest way out is scoring.

After beating the prem team with the most cl winners, spurs claims the champs league trophy of Barca and take arsenals place in the draw as reigning champions.

Overjoyed by this turn of events, peave breaks out in the middle east as they all sit down to watch Spurs and sing Everywhere We Go...

Play the same team as last week, only change should be Lloris and Rose in if they are fit. We played well enough against United and are likely to have much more of the ball at home and should hopefully be able to create more. Stoke might also try and play a bit more themselves, so hopefully shouldn't be bullied as much. Even so, I fancy Dier to deal with anyone.
:dier:

Shaqiri to come on after 75 mins and score a consolation, 3-1 Spurs.

Play the same team as last week, only change should be Lloris and Rose in if they are fit. We played well enough against United and are likely to have much more of the ball at home and should hopefully be able to create more. Stoke might also try and play a bit more themselves, so hopefully shouldn't be bullied as much. Even so, I fancy Dier to deal with anyone.
:dier:

Shaqiri to come on after 75 mins and score a consolation, 3-1 Spurs.
And Mason is fit, as is Pritchard for the bench.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]
Bench: Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Pritchard, Alli, Dembele, Fazio

OK... only gonna say this once more...
ENOUGH WITH THE 4-3-3 4-5-1 4-0-7 FORMATIONS...
...enough with the FIFA PRO'15 Carling OPTA stats...

...whatever team 'picks itself' online, probably won't be the team that Poch picks...

...but as long as THAT team beats Stoke on Saturday... I won't give a nun's rancid dried out closed over cunt what ya'll think (no offence!) I want to win on Saturday... and no ITK's or Internet warrior Pro-FIFA manager wannabe's are gonna make that happen... but a focussed Tottenham First XI and our manager might help... so I'm putting my faith and trust in them!

COYS!

OK... only gonna say this once more...
ENOUGH WITH THE 4-3-3 4-5-1 4-0-7 FORMATIONS...
...enough with the FIFA PRO'15 Carling OPTA stats...

...whatever team 'picks itself' online, probably won't be the team that Poch picks...

...but as long as THAT team beats Stoke on Saturday... I won't give a nun's rancid dried out closed over cunt what ya'll think (no offence!) I want to win on Saturday... and no ITK's or Internet warrior Pro-FIFA manager wannabe's are gonna make that happen... but a focussed Tottenham First XI and our manager might help... so I'm putting my faith and trust in them!

COYS!
But which 3 players would you start behind Kane!

I know nothing about stoke so have no idea how good they really are. Their record signing Shaqiri looked good in World Cup 2014 (strong dominating player) and will be good for them. This game, thankfully may be too soon. Although only second game in we need to get off on a positive. MUST WIN for me. Lets expect?

Really really want that three points so we don't lose contact to the top 4 already after two games in. Want a good feeling for next week and the future. Squad should show me what they can do. Sth like the 4-0 win over QPR last season would be great but Stoke are a very tricky opponent.

Back
Top Bottom