Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These are the games we simply cannot afford to drop points in if we are to have any chance of finishing above Liverpool and one of the alleged 'top 4'

I'd take the game to them, start Alli as he will look to create. If we are to win I feel Chadli and whoever is on the right have to turn up.

2-1 Spurs

Lloris
Walker - Toby - Verts - Rose
Mason - Bentaleb
Eriksen - Alli - Chadli
Kane
3-1 ... Kane with one & N'jie and Berahino with the goals (as subs)!

Judging on how we did against United. Really as long as they don't do anything stupid in the first half they will be running circles over Stokey Stoke. 2-0 Spurs

4 red cards in the last 5 meetings. 2 for each side. Naughton and Chiriches already gone. Kaboul also got 1 in 2011. I guess that's probably a sign that anyone who gets a red card in this fixture will not have a future with us.

They looked quite good, for spells, against Liverpool yesterday so I think it'll be a tough game. I just hope Dier plants one square on Charlie Adam at some point, floor the cunt and wreck his cankles.

:dier:

The Stoke we found hard to break down in the past is a slightly different side to now. Begovic, Shawcross, Nzonzi all either left or injured. They actually play quirte good football now, I think we'll nick it.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Bentaleb
Dembele - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane

2-1
Kane x2​

In light of the Calais Migrant "Crisis" I have gone for a UKIP sponsored team:

http://i.imgur.com/aji5OLl.jpg
aji5OLl.jpg

Hoping for an early goal to keep the/any atmosphere going. I had forgotten about losing this 1-0 last season until I read through the season review, I imagine it'll be back to Bentaleb & Mason in central midfield, hopefully Lloris starting.

I'd be temped to drop Dembele and play Chadli Eriksen Lamela as the front 3, Stoke will most likely sit back and Dembele holding the ball up on the edge of the area before passing it backwards won't do much good.

Back
Top Bottom