Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Knowing how Stoke play no need to fuck about with Dembele and Lamela. They dribble too much, we will need quick passing to break them down. Dier was actually pretty good against Manure but at home we shouldn't need that extra cover, instead we will need the extra midfielder to break them down the other way. I would go with...

----------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker-------Verts------Alder----------Rose

---------------Bentaleb--------Alli---------------

Eriksen---------------Mason-------------Chadli

----------------------Kane-------------------------

So Stoke are signing now Shaquiri? Right before we play them. Great.

Who do we play next? Whoever it is they will probably sign Christiano Ronaldo just in time to get registred...

We've got some SERIOUS revenge to repay them for... 2 consecutive home defeats just ain't on...
NO EXCUSES, WE NEED TO BEAT THESE FUCKERS!

If only so I never hear that fucking Tom Jones karaoke bollocks again!

0-0 unless someone scores? ......its as simple as that?

L-H-laurel-and-hardy-30795888-1200-897.jpg

Joking aside... we need to fucking beat these on Saturday! Losing at OT won't ruin our season... losing at home to Stoke might!

The fact many of the fan XIs vary so much shows one of our problems. Eriksen on the left, Eriksen right, number 10. Mason CDM, Mason AM, Alli CM or LM, Lamela in, Dembele out, Chadli to play with no shirt on......one thing's for sure; Kane or nobody up top.

Fans always debate a team and have their own preferences but we're all so way off because there is no clear, strongest XI in a system that they thrive in.

This game could be anything but, if we did lose then we're no worse off than last season because we lost at OT and at home to Stoke. In fact we lost twice to Stoke and so could lose anyway even if we had decent new signings available so no need to worry all round - sounds mental to me but that was supposedly a reasonable view to have before last Saturday's game.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Pritchard, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane"][/formation]

I think Pritchard would be perfect to start in this game. We're lacking pace and someone who will run at the Stoke defence and whip some balls in. I don't think Dembele had a bad game against United and would be happy if he did start. Stoke know how to cause us issues so we need to be with it from the off.

If we could bring in Njie' or Berahino before the squads need to be registered then that would change my line up massively.

Back
Top Bottom