Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A united Korea could become a global football powerhouse - FOX Sports Asia

Based on events on Friday at the Korean border, John Duerden reckons a united Korea could become a global football powerhouse.

Friday morning saw a North Korean leader walk over the border that divides the peninsula for the first time ever in order to hold talks with the president of South Korea. It was a truly historic moment. There may be disappointment and recriminations ahead –there have been plenty in the past –but for a while at least, there is hope.

North and South Korea have been divided for 70 years. One day surely, there will be unity. When that happens Asian football better watch out. South Korea are the continent’s most successful country in terms of World Cups and Asian club titles. It has the oldest professional league and produces plenty of young talent.
-----
That team would surely be a powerhouse able to compete on the world scale. Combining the football resources of both nations could produce something special. The thought of Son Heung-min combining in attack with Han Kwang Song is tantalising. Son has been starring in the English Premier League with Tottenham Hotspur and Han, still only 19, now plays for Cagliari in Serie A. His performances for Perugia on loan earlier this season were impressive and there are high hopes that the forward will go on to have a fine career in the top tier of Italian football.
-----
Those that head overseas do not escape. Son Heung-min may be tearing it up in England but in the next couple of years or so will have to return home to do his duty. Given that he will be close to 30 by the time he finishes, a return to the top-levels of European football after 21 months of military life is no guarantee.

Last edited:
lol Koreans, including myself, dont buy into shits like this as we have seen 43289343402842 news about both "possible imminent wars" and "possible end of war" for ages. It will never happen. It's been way too long since we got separated that they are now totally different nations. It will cost at least 3 trillion to reunite. I know this article isnt about reunification, but "ending a war" is nothing but an agreement that can be broken at any time.

Never seen a never failing so quickly

Never seen a never failing so quickly

? Koreas havent reunified... Read my previous posts. It's nothing but an agreement that can be broken at any times as long as they are still separated.

BESIDES, the war IS NOT formally ended yet. They are planning to do it next year.

Leaders from both sides met several times + signed peace agreements multiple times in the past. Guess what happened after that. It's just that they did it again for the first time in 10 years.

Even if they agree to end the war formally, I doubt Koreas will get reunified soon anyway.

Last edited:
? Koreas havent reunified... Read my previous posts. It's nothing but an agreement that can be broken at any times as long as they are still separated.

BESIDES, the war IS NOT formally ended yet. They are planning to do it next year.

Leaders from both sides met several times + signed peace agreements multiple times in the past. Guess what happened after that. It's just that they did it again for the first time in 10 years.

Even if they agree to end the war formally, I doubt Koreas will get reunified soon anyway.
North Korea will never get rid if it's nukes without the yanks leaving South Korea. Trump might be willing to leave South Korea, but he'd never be allowed to. They'd find a reason to impeach him if he tried. That being said, being closer to peace than to war is a good thing, but I can't see the removal of the DMZ without a conclusive war, or complete collapse of the regime in the North.

Last edited:
North Korea will never get rid if it's nukes without the yanks leaving South Korea. Trump might be willing to leave South Korea, but he'd never be allowed to. They'd find a reason to impeach him if he tried. That being said, being closer to peace than to war is a good thing, but I can't see the removal of the DMZ without a conclusive war, or complete collapse of the regime in the North.

exactly.

Wait a minute, are you a female? Just a question don't get me wrong. I fucking love them, but I also understand their brain function a bit differently at times.

Wait a minute, are you a female? Just a question don't get me wrong. I fucking love them, but I also understand their brain function a bit differently at times.

No? I am a healthy, proud Korean man who served in the army for two years. You just proved to me that you dont deserve my time :). Ignorance is bliss.

No? I am a healthy, proud Korean man who served in the army for two years. You just proved to me that you dont deserve my time :). Ignorance is bliss.
So no one taught you that you should admit like a man when you are wrong?
You said Korea ending war will never happen because of blah blah. What do you think about what's happened last week between the two leaders Moon and Kim? Do you still think it will NEVER HAPPEN?

So no one taught you that you should admit like a man when you are wrong?
You said Korea ending war will never happen because of blah blah. What do you think about what's happened last week between the two leaders Moon and Kim? Do you still think it will NEVER HAPPEN?

I'm not gonna support the claim that "it will never happen", but I do understand why Koreans will be sceptical. From what I understand, leaders of those two countries have met before and declared truce. Hilariously, on at least the last three occasions, pretty much identical photos of the two leaders holding hands have been the only tangible result of the talks.

I'm not gonna support the claim that "it will never happen", but I do understand why Koreans will be sceptical. From what I understand, leaders of those two countries have met before and declared truce. Hilariously, on at least the last three occasions, pretty much identical photos of the two leaders holding hands have been the only tangible result of the talks.

Yes, unfortunately so, a bit like cheap whores poor Koreans must keep at it

He has apparently been playing on painkillers for the last 6 weeks to make it through the end of the season with a minor ankle injury.

Some explanation for his dip in form

Back
Top Bottom