Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Levi need to do it asap - as conte keep throwing players under the bus will hurt us more than he’s compensation package

I get where you’re coming from, he is definitely a part of the reason he doesn’t have a trophy.

But even during that “golden period” with Poch when we had a very good team, who else stepped up when we needed it? You’ve mentione Eriksen also going missing, but he’s the “number 10 we miss”. Son did contribute but also had games when he didn’t do much either.

Then we had Lucas, who to this day, still has credit in the bank for that “‘magical night in Amsterdam”.

But who else really was able to do it consistently?

I think that despite some of Kane’s shortcomings, he has definitely done enough for us during his time here to give him much more slack.

My opinion, of course.

Lucas Moura has no credit what so fucking ever. He's fucking useless. I genuinely, whole heartedly believe that Dier would cause more problems up front that that useless bouncy prat. All he does is run as fast as possible TOWARDS the nearest crowd of defenders. Utter waste of a position. We've already declared our disinterest in keeping him, he should be with the kids until he's gone.
That hat trick was 4 years ago. Save for a hat trick shortly after against the mighty Huddersfield, he's done absolutely fuck all since.

Him and Son either side of Richarlison the other night was absolutely tragic. It was like picking players for a school team based on who was fittest and/,or fastest rather than asking if they've ever played football before.

Yep, agree with this. We're too toxic at the moment and they could be looking at a team post Kane and Son. Its a proper rebuild and we could easily finish 6th or 7th next season. No way Carrick or Kompany will risk torching their careers before its even begun. I'd be happy with either but just cant see it.

I think unless they had other big clubs knocking on their door then not many upcoming managers would decline the chance of managing a club of this size.

As we've seen over and over; managers (and players) repeadly back themselves to be 'that guy'....... Different dynamic of course, but Chelsea has been utterly brutal in terms of owner and player power for years and they still have no problem attracting managers..... Latest case in point; a lot questioned the wisdom of Potter taking the job.

I think we on the outside just see things very differently to those inside the 'industry'.... (Especially once agents start to see the potential for lucrative commission.)

(Same as the narrative surrounding Levy and other chairmen...... They understand 'the game' and just accept the challenge and other similarly hard-nosed bastards are said to like him.)

And maybe squeak in a 4th place “miracle”.
Whereas the reality is that if we do somehow manage to finish 4th it will be in spite of him, not because of him.

Yet you know the way the narrative will go.

Aside from one or two games, our run in until the end of season is piss easy and if we don't finish 4th, we're shit.

Going to be stuck with this wanker till the bitter end now. 😔
I dunno, I can’t see this team going on a run of wins. Southampton away next week, Everton away coming up, Brighton, 3 games in a row against Newcastle, Liverpool and United. If it was any other team you’d say it’s a good fixture list but these are battling teams that we’ve shown we don’t have the stomach for. Forest were garbage, worst team I’ve seen in the prem this season.

Remember when we used to do this under Pochettino?

Now we either:

(A) Pass back to Dier who boots in out of bounds as close to the opponents' corner flag as possible.
(B) Pass all the way back to our keeper who boots it out of bounds.

:pochcry:

Mentally he has

He surprised me on Saturday to be honest.
I thought he would be mentally checked out but conte and the players looked up for it.
I want him gone, I don’t like his style of football and the condescending bollocks he says at the press conference towards the fans and club but fair play to him for trying until the inevitable end

I dunno, I can’t see this team going on a run of wins. Southampton away next week, Everton away coming up, Brighton, 3 games in a row against Newcastle, Liverpool and United. If it was any other team you’d say it’s a good fixture list but these are battling teams that we’ve shown we don’t have the stomach for. Forest were garbage, worst team I’ve seen in the prem this season.
This. Our away form makes our home form look good, which is quite the achievement. We haven't put in 1 really convincing away performance all season. No way will we beat both Southampton and Everton. I'd take 4 pts if offered but suspect it will be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom