Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

anything but a win tomo and surely hes gone. madness to actually take the risk of wastings games

Really disappointed that he’s still with us

That Presser was a disgrace

He seemed to be taunting Levy

“Go on sack me if you dare!! I don’t give a fuck!!”

Conte was today quoted as saying that, danjuma was a club buy and not his choice.
FFS, when will others let the manager pick and choose his own players.

Needs to be a balance there, doesn't it?

There's an option but technically his contract runs out this summer. Why would we overload on players for a specific coach here on a short-term basis and unwilling to commit to a longer term contract?

I'm not saying that a coach shouldn't be backed or that the club couldn't have done better, but there has to be an acceptable area between everything the coach wants and long-term pragmatism. Conte doesn't give a fuck about the long term prospects of the club, only what he wants. If we did exactly what he wanted and only that we'd have a squad filled with a lot of super expensive and older players. Not a great recipe for success.

I think ENIC only care about one thing - their exit strategy and how to get the most from when the sell the club. They set the team up to achieve revenue ie the money for being in the Champions League, 60 000 plus ticket sales & merchandise. Doing that consistently will allow them to maximise what they can sell the club for one day.
As every trophy-less season passes by more of the stadium debt will be paid off and the prospect of enormous money from a European super league draws closer.
So all they have to do is hang in there, keep mugging us off by appointing big name managers so that we renew our season tickets & fill the stadium every week.
They could appoint Poch, Pep, or whoever but they won’t invest enough in the team. They will always be looking at the bottom line rather than the trophy cabinet.
For all Spurs fans , a sad and depressing read , but 100% spot on

Needs to be a balance there, doesn't it?

There's an option but technically his contract runs out this summer. Why would we overload on players for a specific coach here on a short-term basis and unwilling to commit to a longer term contract?

I'm not saying that a coach shouldn't be backed or that the club couldn't have done better, but there has to be an acceptable area between everything the coach wants and long-term pragmatism. Conte doesn't give a fuck about the long term prospects of the club, only what he wants. If we did exactly what he wanted and only that we'd have a squad filled with a lot of super expensive and older players. Not a great recipe for success.
We have no recipe for success regardless the age of players.
We bought Spence in the summer and now danjuma, maybe if we targeted the players he wanted he might have wanted to stay.

Just fucking sack him

I'm currently faced with the dilemma of being dragged to the fucking theatre tomorrow to watch a bunch of wallies running around screaming and dancing for 2 hours or a bunch of useless footballers dragging their arses around a pitch for nearly 2 hours.

Conte was today quoted as saying that, danjuma was a club buy and not his choice.
The problem with Danjuma was when he had an appearance he scored, Conte having none of that.

Season is done. Conte can go. I wish Harry the best.

Conte: you can't do anything in two years to turn a club around, plus I want a blank cheque and I won't be here for even two years. Also, I'm shipping out or benching anything that looks like creativity in the squad.

Ever since Poch it's been anti-football. Spurs under enic has always been a football club run by accountants but now it's a football club with football pretty far down the priority list. Go karts are more important apparently with NFL at the top of the list. And shite accountants too, stadium sponsor yet?

Genuinely past caring now, it's a fucking merry-go-round that's not very merry anymore.

Have started going to Leyton Orient recently, third game next week, it's great, they play football there!

I don't care, Danjuma has decent CL pedigree. To refuse to use him when we were chasing a game with time running out just because he was a "club signing" is petty and childish. Fucking our season over to make a point? Fuck this guy.

I think ENIC only care about one thing - their exit strategy and how to get the most from when the sell the club. They set the team up to achieve revenue ie the money for being in the Champions League, 60 000 plus ticket sales & merchandise. Doing that consistently will allow them to maximise what they can sell the club for one day.
As every trophy-less season passes by more of the stadium debt will be paid off and the prospect of enormous money from a European super league draws closer.
So all they have to do is hang in there, keep mugging us off by appointing big name managers so that we renew our season tickets & fill the stadium every week.
They could appoint Poch, Pep, or whoever but they won’t invest enough in the team. They will always be looking at the bottom line rather than the trophy cabinet.
Cheaper to pay top dollar for a manager to paper over the cracks than invest in a team.

However saying that, Romero, Kulu and Bentancur are great signings.

It's the hope that kills you!

Edit, plus who'd buy our deadwood?

The problem with Danjuma was when he had an appearance he scored, Conte having none of that.

Season is done. Conte can go. I wish Harry the best.

Conte: you can't do anything in two years to turn a club around, plus I want a blank cheque and I won't be here for even two years. Also, I'm shipping out or benching anything that looks like creativity in the squad.

Ever since Poch it's been anti-football. Spurs under enic has always been a football club run by accountants but now it's a football club with football pretty far down the priority list. Go karts are more important apparently with NFL at the top of the list. And shite accountants too, stadium sponsor yet?

Genuinely past caring now, it's a fucking merry-go-round that's not very merry anymore.

Have started going to Leyton Orient recently, third game next week, it's great, they play football there!
Yes Conte and Harry will be gone, that is not up for questioning.
I remember one of our former managers, when asked, made this observation about spurs which is relevant now, and that is "There used to be a football club over
there"
Now it is anything but a football club.

I don't care, Danjuma has decent CL pedigree. To refuse to use him when we were chasing a game with time running out just because he was a "club signing" is petty and childish. Fucking our season over to make a point? Fuck this guy.

It's odd we keep doing it though, it always seems to go down bad

Poch got very salty about it, remember the press conference were he said the club need to change his title to "coach"

Jose Mourinho saying he wasn't interested in bergwjin but he was just given to him

The structure of the club is premium clown shoes.
LEVY OUT

I think the criticism of Kane (if warranted) ought to be failing to turn up in big crunch games when we were stronger; not so much in ref to more recent years. Regretfully he's been one of a few key players (Eriksen esp.) that never had that big performance when it mattered most.

I don't resent him for not being able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit; but he should def. consider the former when evaluating his lack of trophies.
I get where you’re coming from, he is definitely a part of the reason he doesn’t have a trophy.

But even during that “golden period” with Poch when we had a very good team, who else stepped up when we needed it? You’ve mentione Eriksen also going missing, but he’s the “number 10 we miss”. Son did contribute but also had games when he didn’t do much either.

Then we had Lucas, who to this day, still has credit in the bank for that “‘magical night in Amsterdam”.

But who else really was able to do it consistently?

I think that despite some of Kane’s shortcomings, he has definitely done enough for us during his time here to give him much more slack.

My opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom