Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
like who?
I’d like to see us take a gamble on someone up and coming; Kompany or Carrick. Fully appreciate that, firstly, it’s not going to happen and, secondly, it would be a gamble and could go to shit.

I especially like the idea of Kompany for his ability to work with our defense. I think the players would run through walls for him.

Of the established names, I guess Pochettino, as he loves the club and would galvanise the squad. No idea on the likes of Gallardo etc.

In short, i’d like us to take a risk.

I’d like to see us take a gamble on someone up and coming; Kompany or Carrick.

Regarding them specifically; for me a lot would depend on if they saw us a stepping stone to City or Utd (respectively) or if they saw us as a big and highly desirable job in it's own right and would be looking to build a legacy with Spurs..

He doesn't need to do any of that until he's got the manager in place.

Then they'll be just about enough time left to get one cheap loanee in before the door slams shut whilst saying that we're trying to get several deals over the line, but don't succeed with any of them.

So the usual summer window.

As verified by Hercules itk

I’d like to see us take a gamble on someone up and coming; Kompany or Carrick. Fully appreciate that, firstly, it’s not going to happen and, secondly, it would be a gamble and could go to shit.

I especially like the idea of Kompany for his ability to work with our defense. I think the players would run through walls for him.

Of the established names, I guess Pochettino, as he loves the club and would galvanise the squad. No idea on the likes of Gallardo etc.

When is Potter’s presser?

Fuck yesterday.
Fuck today.
Fuck tomorrow.

Magic The Gathering Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Poch would be a low risk choice. too much in the comfort zone.

I would prefer a German school coach, like Schmidt, who is doing very well with Benfica

Kompany, Carrick, Gallardo would be pure gambling IMO

Regarding them specifically; for me a lot would depend on if they saw us a stepping stone to City or Utd (respectively) or if they saw us as a big and highly desirable job in it's own right and would be looking to build a legacy with Spurs..
I don’t really mind, to be honest.

I don’t think there’s that same tension, as there is with players. Most managers only last a few years anyway. They’re both young. Kompany is obviously going to manage City at some point.

The main risk is that they’re God awful. The fate of England’s golden midfield generation is not lost on me.

It could be a Gerrard or Lampard situation. In which case, just move them on. They wouldn’t command such huge contracts, so compensation would be more reasonable.

Put that same old fucking team out Tony, and 62k people will hope you do at the match tomorrow.

So nonsensical he is in charge tomorrow. He doesn't want to be here, the board will be glad to see the back of him, the fans dont want him here and it looks, given the performances the players dont either. Does Levy think all this is going to inspire the 5 or 6 game winning run we probably need to get top 4? They've been making such terrible decisions for 5 years now its the norm.

I don’t really mind, to be honest.

I don’t think there’s that same tension, as there is with players. Most managers only last a few years anyway. They’re both young. Kompany is obviously going to manage City at some point.

The main risk is that they’re God awful. The fate of England’s golden midfield generation is not lost on me.

It could be a Gerrard or Lampard situation. In which case, just move them on. They wouldn’t command such huge contracts, so compensation would be more reasonable.

My concern isn't so much length of tenure as it is having a manager that already has one eye on the exit door......

I don't expect long term managerial legacies to be built in the modern game, but "as long as possible" ought to the desire from all parties involved as it can happen (in relative terms.... See Klopp/Dippers, Pep/City, Simeone/Atletico).

Put that same old fucking team out Tony, and 62k people will hope you do at the match tomorrow.
I hope the fans turn that place into the Emirates and you can hear a pin drop in there.

Supporters were singing Poch's name at the game on Wednesday. Although I understand the sentiment, Levy will pounce on that and will state that's what the supporters want. And it will be our fault when it goes tits up in 18 months or so, as it inevitably will. :(

I think ENIC only care about one thing - their exit strategy and how to get the most from when the sell the club. They set the team up to achieve revenue ie the money for being in the Champions League, 60 000 plus ticket sales & merchandise. Doing that consistently will allow them to maximise what they can sell the club for one day.
As every trophy-less season passes by more of the stadium debt will be paid off and the prospect of enormous money from a European super league draws closer.
So all they have to do is hang in there, keep mugging us off by appointing big name managers so that we renew our season tickets & fill the stadium every week.
They could appoint Poch, Pep, or whoever but they won’t invest enough in the team. They will always be looking at the bottom line rather than the trophy cabinet.

I think ENIC only care about one thing - their exit strategy and how to get the most from when the sell the club. They set the team up to achieve revenue ie the money for being in the Champions League, 60 000 plus ticket sales & merchandise. Doing that consistently will allow them to maximise what they can sell the club for one day.
As every trophy-less season passes by more of the stadium debt will be paid off and the prospect of enormous money from a European super league draws closer.
So all they have to do is hang in there, keep mugging us off by appointing big name managers so that we renew our season tickets & fill the stadium every week.
They could appoint Poch, Pep, or whoever but they won’t invest enough in the team. They will always be looking at the bottom line rather than the trophy cabinet.
I think you're right apart from the selling part, which is much, much worse. They're making fortunes away from Spurs in other property deals and leveraging it all on the club value

As long as we're worth enough, and our income pays for the running costs of the club, they're happy and have no reason to sell.
Given they only own about 20-30% of the stadium, they're not going to get 100% of the value of the club if they sell either.

So nonsensical he is in charge tomorrow. He doesn't want to be here, the board will be glad to see the back of him, the fans dont want him here and it looks, given the performances the players dont either. Does Levy think all this is going to inspire the 5 or 6 game winning run we probably need to get top 4? They've been making such terrible decisions for 5 years now its the norm.
anything but a win tomo and surely hes gone. madness to actually take the risk of wastings games

I agree. I reckon theyd be out the door olif one of them clubs came calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom