Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with us playing one game a week he will most probably get top 4 and so it's best to keep him until the end of the season, if he gets top 4 again then great, he would have secured CL twice which is a very good achievement however the context surrounding the way we went out of the cups in both season for me will tarnish his time here.

I'll be happy for him to leave on that note and get a new manager in, he can preach patience all he wants but no-one's going to be able to justify it in the way he's managed the team this season, the way he's managed certain players, the fact that we've gone out of all cup comps to weaker opposition whilst playing non eye catching football and only putting in a handful of complete 90 mins performances, for a manager that gets paid £15m a year who wants EVERYTHING his own way we don't need that and we certainly aren't setup like that as a club.

If he can’t manage the team successfully when faced with 2 games a week then he’s not really going to be any use.
its shocking really, he also runs players into the ground and the only area he seems to rotate is the defence which is an area I would try and leave alone.
Danjuma might be shite same as Spence and gill might have been but how will we know if they never get the chance , 3-0 up at home and players don’t even get rotated !!

What about now? We should have beat them we have a far superior team imo
His argument only really has any relevance on what fans' attitudes are, so you could forgive Milan fans for being entitled to a degree because they're so accustomed to success, whereas Spurs fans, particularly in the CL, could be more expected just to be happy to be there...

But that only affects ingrained mentality amongst the fans built up over time anyway, it doesn't mean that fans should forever be happy go lucky with no expectations from their team regardless of the quality of players in the squad.

Also, this has no bearing on the performance on the pitch, Milan didn't step out onto the pitch last Wednesday and get a 3x level up for being imbued with the footballing spirit of Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten did they?

Likewise our squad wasn't dragged down by coming over all Nethercot, G. Doherty, Stambouli and Booth.

It's bullshit deflection from him, and the attitude that he's giving out publicly is the exact opposite of what we need, as it's just giving an already mentally weak bunch an easy (and lame) excuse for falling short.

You can't demand that the players have balls and belief but then go "ooh but Milan in the 90's", and this is all without even stopping for a minute and questioning how the fuck this all relates to whether we should be beating Sheffield fucking United!

Last edited:
I'm in agreement with most here. The fact is we probably are about where we should be in the league, maybe a place higher than what we could realistically be content with. If he gets us Champs League again next year it will, in my view, be somewhat of a success. Our squad doesn't match up favourably to City, Chelsea etc.

BUT the performances he facilitated and the substitutions he made and didn't make in all the cups just makes my blood boil. I can't cope with the rhetoric around the squad not being strong enough when it's plain as the nose on your face we should be beating Forest and Sheff U reserves at a canter. And we went at both Milan games like they were pre season friendlies or something. A sparring round before the big fight. That is on him as far as I'm concerned. If he can't get his squad to want to perform on those occasions then he has to accept responsibility.

I'm resigned to the fact that we'll be "stuck" with him through to the end of the season. And that's fine. Can't imagine many will be singing his name though. And he will receive nowhere near the sort of recognition and love that Poch still does to this day from me. Just another manager that happens to fill a slot in our history book.

I think with us playing one game a week he will most probably get top 4 and so it's best to keep him until the end of the season, if he gets top 4 again then great, he would have secured CL twice which is a very good achievement however the context surrounding the way we went out of the cups in both season for me will tarnish his time here.

I'll be happy for him to leave on that note and get a new manager in, he can preach patience all he wants but no-one's going to be able to justify it in the way he's managed the team this season, the way he's managed certain players, the fact that we've gone out of all cup comps to weaker opposition whilst playing non eye catching football and only putting in a handful of complete 90 mins performances, for a manager that gets paid £15m a year who wants EVERYTHING his own way we don't need that and we certainly aren't setup like that as a club.
100% spot on for me.

Last season I thought Conte got us to 4th despite the team.
Now I feel like the team is getting us to 4th despite Conte

Which begs the question, if he saw how bad Son was and tried something different, if realised Lloris was throwing the ball in his own net because his head was fucked, if he rotated the midfield a bit more (and lessened the risk 2 would be out for the season)
Etc etc - where would we be?

Last season I thought Conte got us to 4th despite the team.
Now I feel like the team is getting us to 4th despite Conte

Which begs the question, if he saw how bad Son was and tried something different, if realised Lloris was throwing the ball in his own net because his head was fucked, if he rotated the midfield a bit more (and lessened the risk 2 would be out for the season)
Etc etc - where would we be?
we will find out next year

With a potentially different squad......Possibly no Kane & Son....... With oppo at different levels....

No we won't; we'll just have a different season.
and I imagine, the difference in the oppo is a valid reason to not compare this season and the next season, but not for last season and this season.
it is all wonderful

and I imagine, the difference in the oppo is a valid reason to not compare this season and the next season, but not for last season and this season.
it is all wonderful

Meh....... You seem to want me to be accountable for another person's opinion.... This kind of whataboutery seems to be a specialty of yours atm.

What is quite obvious though is that getting top 4 last year with Chavs & Liverpool comparatively strong and our performances at a higher level than this year; rendered the outcome of us getting top 4 then more impressive than it would prove this season (if it's achieved).

If (as one would assume) Chavs & Liverpool bounce back next season; then inevitably top 4 will be a more difficult task again next season.

See, this is the thing..... Credit where it's due (last season).... Scrutiny and critique when required (this season)..... Then you end up with balance.

Conte performing well last year and yet not this year shouldn't be a difficult concept to accept.

Last edited:
Looking at the fixtures, we should realistically win every game remaining with the exception of Newcastle, United, and Liverpool. I hope Levy doesn't use that as a reason to keep this fraud at the club another year.

Southampton A
Everton A
Brighton H
B'mouth H
Newcastle A
United H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Villa A
Brentford H
Leeds A

Status