Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You get a huge lift, but in the scenario I just laid out, in what way could the player dropped possibly benefit?

Maybe scores 6 goals between now and then, and is immediately dropped for someone who isn’t fit and hasn’t played since April.

I’ll be happy if Kane scores too. But I won’t blame Trippier and Dier and Sissoko if he plays and is shit.
I will blame Poch and Kane.
You will probably blame Eriksen and Dele.

Players will get a lift by him playing even in your scenario, they are desperate for him to be fit enough

You will probably blame Eriksen and Dele.

Players will get a lift by him playing even in your scenario, they are desperate for him to be fit enough

As I said, if Kane is unfit, which he will be after not playing football for 16 weeks, and is picked, and ruins the momentum of the team in the scenario I laid out, I will blame Poch and Kane.

Why would I blame Eriksen and Dele? I have no problem with laying the blame at Kanes feet.

I don’t have favourites.....I’m 42 years old.

Just because you type on the internet that the players are desperate for Kane to play, regardless of his impact on the team, it doesn’t make it true.
It’s just you saying it.

In the scenario I have laid out (which are specific circumstances in which I would not start Kane in the CL Final should we get there) if the players are on fire, and momentum and moral is high, and Janssen for example has forged an understanding with Moura and Son, and banged in the vital goals, then if as you say, they are desperate to be dropped for Kane IN THESE SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES.....well then, like some of our fans, they are pretty small time in their thinking.

Club first, always.

You see how you deliberately missed the entire point of what I’m saying?
Yeah that’s because you know it’s true.

If you genuinely disagreed, you’d disagree with what I said.

Here, in plain English. We would all celebrate getting to the final.

But IF for example, Janssen and Moura and Son and Llorente find a brilliant rhythm, and get us there, plus fire us to 3rd with straight wins, I will not condone any of them being dropped for the final for Kane, who wouldn’t have kicked a competitive ball in some 4 months by then.

You can put one player before the team if you want to. That’s up to you.
But what you are saying is entirely hypothetical and you're getting worked up over something that hasn't happened yet.

Firstly, we don't know if Kane will come back fitter. He could come back for the Everton game who knows. As well as that, he might not come back at all.

Secondly, Janssen and Llorente simply aren't going to strike up a brilliant rhythm and you and I both know that. They won't play together at all and I would be shocked if Janssen starts a game of any real consequence. As well as that, he isn't even eligible for the CL so he wouldn't be able to play the final no matter if he scores hat tricks every game for the rest of the year. If it is a choice of Kane vs Llorente, Kane wins even if he isn't 100% match fit for me. Poch will only start Llorente in the first leg (even if he does start) because Sonny is suspended. The fact of the matter is with our other injuries and Sonny's suspension we won't have a settled XI for the rest of the season as we haven't for most of this season.

You can't criticise people for hoping our star striker comes back from injury in time for our biggest game ever (if that materialises).

I can see it already.....the team battles it’s way to the final after two immense games with Ajax, wins all it’s remaining PL fixtures and finds flow and momentum.

Then it’s dismantled so a 40% fit Kane, with zero match fitness, can start in the most important game in the club’s history.
And some of you will actually celebrate that.
40 Percent Kane lol.
Some of the people here apear to be ok with putting 15 percent Kane as long as Kane can put his shoes on say I am ready and like to play.

But what you are saying is entirely hypothetical and you're getting worked up over something that hasn't happened yet.
Yet you felt the need to jump in and cunt me off over it anyway...before taking out your own crystal ball and predicting the future.

But your “hypothetical situation that hasn’t happened yet”, is a fact.

Good old TFC, never fails to deliver

Last edited:
If we have a 10 percent Kane but we still happen to need him for the team and its win he should play. But if the team does not need him to win even if he is 90 percent? .. There will be 50 other games we could try out next season. That's if we ever make it to the final though. And I am very firm about these percentages. Even 1 point off I am entitled to change my opinion just like snap lol.

Last edited:
My dream scenario would be
Kane coming in 80th min when it 1:1 and scores the winning goal. The crowd and team mates go wild and Kane, still limping a bit but joins the celebration that would go on all night. And I swear that I would not write a post that complains about anythi g for the next 3 whole seasons.

If he's somehow back for the final I would probably wait to play him in the last minutes against tired legs, for me It was clear he wasn't fit when he last returned to the squad.

If he's somehow back for the final I would probably wait to play him in the last minutes against tired legs, for me It was clear he wasn't fit when he last returned to the squad.
Same last year after Bournemouth.
I think we scored 10 goals in three games without him, beating Chelsea away with him on the bench until the 80th minute.

He came back, and scored a few, but was largely awful.

You see how you deliberately missed the entire point of what I’m saying?
Yeah that’s because you know it’s true.

If you genuinely disagreed, you’d disagree with what I said.

Here, in plain English. We would all celebrate getting to the final.

But IF for example, Janssen and Moura and Son and Llorente find a brilliant rhythm, and get us there, plus fire us to 3rd with straight wins, I will not condone any of them being dropped for the final for Kane, who wouldn’t have kicked a competitive ball in some 4 months by then.

You can put one player before the team if you want to. That’s up to you.

He'd have have got injured in early Jan for that to be true mate.

He'd have have got injured in early Jan for that to be true mate.
Mixed up his Utd injury, which in my view he returned too early from anyway at the expense of the teams momentum.

It’s only April and he’s been out twice since Christmas which is about the 6th time in three seasons.
To not play one minute of football between April 20th and June 1st, then get thrown into the staring line up for the CL final should the team be flying just beggars belief.

Can’t believe anyone would even consider it and certainly hope Poch doesn’t.

Mixed up his Utd injury, which in my view he returned too early from anyway at the expense of the teams momentum.

It’s only April and he’s been out twice since Christmas which is about the 6th time in three seasons.
To not play one minute of football between April 20th and June 1st, then get thrown into the staring line up for the CL final should the team be flying just beggars belief.

Can’t believe anyone would even consider it and certainly hope Poch doesn’t.

Significantly diff. amount of rust is all.

I largely agree with you up until that point.

Tbh tho.... Given the stakes i could see a lot of managers considering it a worthwhile gamble... HKs potential to change a game is real; i don't see it as merely sentimental.

I 've been watching Kane since when he just started take off like what 3 or 4 seasons back. He is no doubt a great player and a nice young man. Hard to find a thing to not like about just like Sonny or Dele. And its been great, couple of league goal leader and all the spotlights Harry Kane Harry Kane, but it is not cutting any more for the team. The team has evolved. It is time for him to adjust and play more for the team and its bigger and better things. Kanes got the game for it. He would be twice more valued at this point of his career taking his team to the title than achieving another league goal leader title.

State of this bullshit.... :pochfacepalm:

Kane playing deeper for us and England in the last 18months should be all the evidence one requires that he is a TEAM player.

If (as per the another line of speculation) other players ease off in the presence of our talisman then we need to take that up with them, not Harry.

Gameplay of a classy #10
Finishing of an elite ST
Workrate of a midfielder.
Leader.

Yeh.... Time for Kane to evolve. :roll:

Hmmmm nah.

Just play him when he’s fit, considering the fact that over the last few years when he’s been injured we’ve scored about 40 goals and won 99% of the games.

Whacky idea eh? I mean not playing an injured player. Revolutionary stuff.
There is 0 factual proof he's been played when unfit - just make believe bullshit from know-it-all wankers on a football boards. Sorry, but I rather trust Poch and our professional medical staff

As I said, if Kane is unfit, which he will be after not playing football for 16 weeks, and is picked, and ruins the momentum of the team in the scenario I laid out, I will blame Poch and Kane.

Why would I blame Eriksen and Dele? I have no problem with laying the blame at Kanes feet.

I don’t have favourites.....I’m 42 years old.

Just because you type on the internet that the players are desperate for Kane to play, regardless of his impact on the team, it doesn’t make it true.
It’s just you saying it.

In the scenario I have laid out (which are specific circumstances in which I would not start Kane in the CL Final should we get there) if the players are on fire, and momentum and moral is high, and Janssen for example has forged an understanding with Moura and Son, and banged in the vital goals, then if as you say, they are desperate to be dropped for Kane IN THESE SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES.....well then, like some of our fans, they are pretty small time in their thinking.

Club first, always.
Yes even in those specific circumstances the players would be over the moon to have him start.

No one is saying he's shit or selfish, Jesus, he Just don't need to step into our starting eleven just after returning from injury, not even Messi do this, you're risking another injury and without rithym. The team will have to adapt to play with Kane but he won't be delivering what is expected since he's not well enough, this is the point. He returned when Son was our mais man this season, and we changed the style to suport an unfit Kane and had four loses. Yes, you can argue there's no evidence he wasn't 100%, but for me the way he played is a clear evidence, with a fit Kane we could have won that kind of games.

Back
Top Bottom