Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one is saying he's shit or selfish, Jesus, he Just don't need to step into our starting eleven just after returning from injury, not even Messi do this, you're risking another injury and without rithym. The team will have to adapt to play with Kane but he won't be delivering what is expected since he's not well enough, this is the point. He returned when Son was our mais man this season, and we changed the style to suport an unfit Kane and had four loses. Yes, you can argue there's no evidence he wasn't 100%, but for me the way he played is a clear evidence, with a fit Kane we could have won that kind of games.
This is nigh on impossible to read.

Question "Harry Kane was behind you on the bench, any chance of being fit for the end of the season?"

Pochettino: "We'll see. Yesterday we were talking. We will see what happens. If you said to me he is going to be available for the second leg in Ajax or the last game against Everton, I don't know. For sure it is going to be difficult. If we are capable to beat Ajax and be in the final in June 1 then maybe yes. Yesterday we were talking about that, we'll see."

No surprised, the injury occurred less than 3 weeks ago.

Based on the days from his previous 4 ankle injuries, on average he tends to be out for about 34 days.

19 days and counting so far.

IF we get to a CL final, I don't see any reason as to why he couldn't make it. It's 33 days away.

Based on the days from his previous 4 ankle injuries, on average he tends to be out for about 34 days.

19 days and counting so far.

IF we get to a CL final, I don't see any reason as to why he couldn't make it. It's 33 days away.
Absolutely. I found Poch's quotes of "I don't know if Kane could be back for Ajax away or Everton" to be absurd, so I'm glad that Jesus Perez gave a bit of clarity there:

As I said, if Kane is unfit, which he will be after not playing football for 16 weeks, and is picked, and ruins the momentum of the team in the scenario I laid out, I will blame Poch and Kane.

Why would I blame Eriksen and Dele? I have no problem with laying the blame at Kanes feet.

I don’t have favourites.....I’m 42 years old.

Just because you type on the internet that the players are desperate for Kane to play, regardless of his impact on the team, it doesn’t make it true.
It’s just you saying it.

In the scenario I have laid out (which are specific circumstances in which I would not start Kane in the CL Final should we get there) if the players are on fire, and momentum and moral is high, and Janssen for example has forged an understanding with Moura and Son, and banged in the vital goals, then if as you say, they are desperate to be dropped for Kane IN THESE SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES.....well then, like some of our fans, they are pretty small time in their thinking.

Club first, always.
Worst thing is, Kane always come back in horrible form from injuries. Barely makes any runs, and expects the ball to be in front of him from where he can take a 100 shots.

If he comes back before a big final and plays a game or two before where he is brilliant , thats great. But a big final is his first game back from injury, poch should not keep him anywhere near the stadium.

Worst thing is, Kane always come back in horrible form from injuries. Barely makes any runs, and expects the ball to be in front of him from where he can take a 100 shots.

If he comes back before a big final and plays a game or two before where he is brilliant , thats great. But a big final is his first game back from injury, poch should not keep him anywhere near the stadium.

He does need to play at least one game before the final, no one comes back from a long layoff and get straight back to their best form.

Here’s hoping he plays the final game against Everton.

He does need to play at least one game before the final, no one comes back from a long layoff and get straight back to their best form.

Here’s hoping he plays the final game against Everton.

Final.... 70mins.... All level.... 1 sub left.

Llorente or 'just fit' Kane?

Kane in my view. Even unfit he is world class in that moment when you need something special to win, might fuck up everything but that moment but it's be worth it.
And the opposition defenders have no idea just how "fit" he is so will need to give him due respect and extra attention...... Thus hopefully opening up some gaps to exploit.!

Back
Top Bottom