Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am sure Poch and these billionaire super athletes could figure out what the fuck to do to keep on improving as a team and to break out of this Spursy shit. Is it all really all upto the football God? Or is there anything we could do to help?

But here is one thing we shouldn't do imo if we ever make it to the CL final and that is putting a 75 percent Kane blindly back into the starting line up just because he is HK. making a mistake is one thing. letting it happen again is another.

But here is one thing we shouldn't do imo if we ever make it to the CL final and that is putting a 75 percent Kane blindly into the starting line up just because he is HK. making a mistake is one thing. letting it happen again is another.

OK. That's your view.

Mine is different.

We differ.

I would be ecstatic if I was proved to be wrong in that case we were talking about. But what if the team ended up losing again. Of course, it is not going to be as obvious as 4 losses in a row this time since it is going to be just one match deal, but what if you put young Kane in that again and lost again? Would you be ok with that?

It's an odd situation. With Kane (our best and arguably the best striker on the planet) we give ourself the best chance of winning, if he is fully fit. Without him we are forced to play differently, bit more pace and counter attacking.

For me it's horses for courses, if he is fully fit then he plays BUT if the situation allows him to be rested or benched over fitness then he shouldn't. It's a given he should play, he's that damn good. But to rush him back where we've seen it's not for the best as a team is a stupid, he's a great player but shouldn't be treated any differently to others. If his not fully fit and firing on all cylinders then maybe she shouldn't play/start.

That's my 2 bob on the matter anyway, but there's a reason I'm not a manager and Poch is! He should know best.

I would be ecstatic if I was proved to be wrong in that case we were talking about. But what if the team ended up losing again. Of course, it is not going to be as obvious as 4 losses in a row this time since it is going to be just one match deal, but what if you put young Kane in that again and lost again? Would you be ok with that?

We could never know.

I'm never OK with losing (however I'd take a point today). Losing 4 in a row was not down to Kane, it was down to the team.

We have a maximum of 8 games left. Play your best players even if they're 75% fit. They can have a rest over the summer

I think a more correct take is that the team works harder when without him.

He is our talisman and it is only logical that the other players often look for him to push us through. Prolific goal scorer and all that. So it is not that we are better without him, but that when he is hurt everyone else subconciously steps it up a notch to fill in for him.

Thank you for this share. This part of his game is so underrated. The vision, awareness and techique needed to pull these passes of is world class. You can see he is a striker himself by how he knows exactly how a great pass is not only pin point but also optimized for the first touch of the player on the receiving end (often early and in space).

I still think he's such a clever player that he could drop back and play as part of one of the three behind a lightening quick striker to really change our dynamic and continue his goal ratio.

Hate to make the Messi comparison but he could similarly still be our main man from a little deeper. He'll still drag players towards him and has been dropping increasingly deeper over the last 18 months anyway.

Assuming Eriksen leaves the below would cause teams real problems imho

------------Son------------
Kane------Deli-----Moura
------Winks---Sissoko--

I'd leave Kane on the left side and have Deli in the centre able to drop into a 3 man CM or make the most of his talent at finding space in the box.

From the left we know Kane can hold the ball, dribble inside and score even from distance and he most definitely can pick a perfect pass for a striker.

We'd still have a place for Llorente if he could handle being a 3rd choice as another wide player capable of playing as a forward would really be needed.

I love Lamela but his days seem numbered as we can't get him on the pitch. There's plenty of players that fit the profile needed if we can make some space in the squad

I think a more correct take is that the team works harder when without him.

He is our talisman and it is only logical that the other players often look for him to push us through. Prolific goal scorer and all that. So it is not that we are better without him, but that when he is hurt everyone else subconciously steps it up a notch to fill in for him.

Nope, you're still talking bollocks

Gotta get there first lads.

giphy.webp

I can see it already.....the team battles it’s way to the final after two immense games with Ajax, wins all it’s remaining PL fixtures and finds flow and momentum.

Then it’s dismantled so a 40% fit Kane, with zero match fitness, can start in the most important game in the club’s history.
And some of you will actually celebrate that.

I can see it already.....the team battles it’s way to the final after two immense games with Ajax, wins all it’s remaining PL fixtures and finds flow and momentum.

Then it’s dismantled so a 40% fit Kane, with zero match fitness, can start in the most important game in the club’s history.
Yeah I probably would celebrate the fact we have gotten to a Champions League final. You would still find things to complain about if we won the fucking thing.

Team gets a huge lift by him starting and he scores 2.

I will be over the fucking moon if he starts.

Yeah I probably would celebrate the fact we have gotten to a Champions League final. You would still find things to complain about if we won the fucking thing.

You see how you deliberately missed the entire point of what I’m saying?
Yeah that’s because you know it’s true.

If you genuinely disagreed, you’d disagree with what I said.

Here, in plain English. We would all celebrate getting to the final.

But IF for example, Janssen and Moura and Son and Llorente find a brilliant rhythm, and get us there, plus fire us to 3rd with straight wins, I will not condone any of them being dropped for the final for Kane, who wouldn’t have kicked a competitive ball in some 4 months by then.

You can put one player before the team if you want to. That’s up to you.

Team gets a huge lift by him starting and he scores 2.

I will be over the fucking moon if he starts.

You get a huge lift, but in the scenario I just laid out, in what way could the player dropped possibly benefit?

Maybe scores 6 goals between now and then, and is immediately dropped for someone who isn’t fit and hasn’t played since April.

I’ll be happy if Kane scores too. But I won’t blame Trippier and Dier and Sissoko if he plays and is shit.
I will blame Poch and Kane.

Back
Top Bottom