Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we do make the final there is no doubt in my mind he will play IMO
Oh man what a hard choice........ If we're flying without him and playing well...... Would you really be happy chucking him in to the Champions league final first game back....

Super sub in thr last 10 minutes when we're 3 nil up would be lovely though.....

Oh man what a hard choice........ If we're flying without him and playing well...... Would you really be happy chucking him in to the Champions league final first game back....

Super sub in thr last 10 minutes when we're 3 nil up would be lovely though.....
If Son, Lucas and Llorente are getting the goals and also playing a more team based game, I hope we dont start Kane the first match he is back. It would just wreck momentum.

We know Harry will be doing everything he can to get back on the pitch as soon as possible, whether that's the 2nd leg v Ajax or the (potential) final, and I can't wait to have him back playing. I don't doubt he'll play if he's fully fit but, given past experience, we shouldn't look to have him starting if it's his first game back. It was a mistake by Poch plugging him straight in to the starting XI when he last returned from injury to play full matches back to back. He should have had 30 mins off the bench, then 60 mins as a starter, then a full match after that, slowly having him return to full play and allowing us to transition from the tactics employed with Son/Llorente/Moura back to the ones that suit Kane. We can't deny that our results suffered on his return.

Based on previous injuries, he's known to favour an aggressive injury rehabilitation programme to ensure he's back ASAP, but given the reports on this latest injury, if he does that again hoping to be back for a final (again, fingers crossed) he puts himself at massive risk of re-injury on what we know are troublesome ankles. I don't doubt he would risk another injury for the glory of playing in a final, but is it worth the risk if he's out for large chunks every season or, god forbid, ends up cutting his career short.

We all love him - he's one of our own - and when he's on form he's one of the best in the world. But throwing him straight into a massive game after an injury like this is a massive risk, not just for the game itself but for Kane's long-term health. If it ain't broke with whoever's leading our line, don't fix it Poch. COYS.

Sorry, can't agree. If he's fit (or even 75% fit) he's straight back in. He's a 'quick healer' so wouldn't be surprised to see him in light training in a couple of weeks.

He strikes fear into the opposition and we need to win all our remaining PL games to secure top 4. Our February/March blip was not down to Kane.

We can worry about the CL semi when we get a little closer to it.

He can have a long break over the summer.

Sorry, can't agree. If he's fit (or even 75% fit) he's straight back in. He's a 'quick healer' so wouldn't be surprised to see him in light training in a couple of weeks.

He strikes fear into the opposition and we need to win all our remaining PL games to secure top 4. Our February/March blip was not down to Kane.

We can worry about the CL semi when we get a little closer to it.

He can have a long break over the summer.

Lets be clear.

If we make the final then Kane will play a part if at all possible.

If Liverpool then we need him more than if it's Barcelona though.

Moura and Son would be more effective against a relatively slow back 4 (City as well) whereas Kane is better against the Liverpool's and I susoect Ajax type defenders.

People are too fcuking sensitive. Kane has different and now only slightly better attributes than Son as an attacking outlet.

The clear difference is Kane can play on his own up top and is the out and out striker.

Back
Top Bottom