Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lets be clear.

If we make the final then Kane will play a part if at all possible.

If Liverpool then we need him more than if it's Barcelona though.

Moura and Son would be more effective against a relatively slow back 4 (City as well) whereas Kane is better against the Liverpool's and I susoect Ajax type defenders.

People are too fcuking sensitive. Kane has different and now only slightly better attributes than Son as an attacking outlet.

The clear difference is Kane can play on his own up top and is the out and out striker.

You're on most people's list of "might be a Spammer or a Scouser but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt". Don't push your luck.

Sorry, can't agree. If he's fit (or even 75% fit) he's straight back in. He's a 'quick healer' so wouldn't be surprised to see him in light training in a couple of weeks.

He strikes fear into the opposition and we need to win all our remaining PL games to secure top 4. Our February/March blip was not down to Kane.

We can worry about the CL semi when we get a little closer to it.

He can have a long break over the summer.
Didn't you learn anything from what happened last time? We lost what 4 in a row?

Harry Kane is the best centre forward in the world. If he's fit he plays for a million different reasons.

Don't be stupid.

If anyone thinks I am anything but a Spurs fan come look on my shoulder for starters.

People need to grow some cojones FFS and stop getting all het up if I don't say what they want to hear.

There are enough lemmings in this world and on this message board.

Kane is effing brilliant but it does not mean he is always our best attacking option.

Harry Kane is the best centre forward in the world. If he's fit he plays for a million different reasons.

Can't say he IS the best right now. He has been injured and hasn't been performing up to his standards (This season anyway)but there is no doubt he is ONE of the best. (Top 5).

I've not mentioned the CL semi. As far as I'm concerned, the next few PL games are far more important. If Kane is only half way fit, I'd play him as soon as possible and then when we get closer to the CL semi, make a decision.

My worry over the next few games is that players will take their eye off the PL games and focus on the CL semi.

It's down to the manager to get them focused on the NEXT game not one taking place in two weeks. I don't want players pulling out of challenges fearing injury in the PL games so that they're available for the CL semi.

As soon as Kane is fit, he should be in the team. We're at the sharpest of sharp ends of the season where every PL game is a 'must win' (even tomorrow! - however I'd take a point).

The CL will look after itself in the week before it takes place. At the moment, only the PL matters. We must have CL next season by finishing in the top 4.

We have a maximum of eight games left. There's no need to wrap anyone in cotton wool. Players should play any way they can - with medical 'assistance' if necessary. They can then have the summer off.

Never has the old cliche 'one game at a time' been more precise.

Don't be stupid.

If anyone thinks I am anything but a Spurs fan come look on my shoulder for starters.

People need to grow some cojones FFS and stop getting all het up if I don't say what they want to hear.

There are enough lemmings in this world and on this message board.

Kane is effing brilliant but it does not mean he is always our best attacking option.

I agree with you.

Kane has been one of the best in the world over the last few seasons, but he hasn’t been “at it” for about a year now. We’ve played better with Son up front this season and have looked far more dangerous.

Personally, I’d rather Kane stay on the treatment table and come back on the bench if we make the final, or get plenty of rest over the summer so he can come back next season like the Harry Kane we all love.

We’re in capable hands with Son up front. Harry should take his time and not rush to get back (although, we all know he’ll be killing himself to get back ASAP)

I agree with you.

Kane has been one of the best in the world over the last few seasons, but he hasn’t been “at it” for about a year now. We’ve played better with Son up front this season and have looked far more dangerous.

Personally, I’d rather Kane stay on the treatment table and come back on the bench if we make the final, or get plenty of rest over the summer so he can come back next season like the Harry Kane we all love.

We’re in capable hands with Son up front. Harry should take his time and not rush to get back (although, we all know he’ll be killing himself to get back ASAP)

Mate, you see I am not even quite saying that.

I wish some posters on here also took time to listen to pundits, especially those on the radio shows, where pundits have more time to dissect matters.

Jenas and Poyet were on 5 live last night. Talked of course about the game on Wefnesday night (who didn't) and about pace up front to counter City.

We were forced into using it with Moura and Son on the night and it worked.

My point here would be that if Kane had started, we would have been better served with him playing behind and not in front of Son or else we would have lost a bit of that ability to stretch City.

It is the only way you beat City at their place, where the one thing Spendiola knows how to do is attack. In other words give them something to worry about.

So it's opponents, which is why I wrote what I did and why if we did play Liverpool in the final we would need Kane but against Barcelona I think Moura or Son with Kane behind them might be better.

My issue is the thought that it is heresy to countenance an option.

Lets HOPE we are faced with such a decision to make!!

I think Moura or Son with Kane behind them might be better.

Not quite sure I agree. Our best formation, in my view, is Kane up front with Dele playing off him. Son can play where he fancies (right or left). Lucas to come on for the last 20

As Son is ineligible for the first leg, play Dele (or Lucas) as the false 9.

Anyway it's the manager's view (and the medics) as to what our formation will be.

A point today please. No messing around and no injuries.

Not quite sure I agree. Our best formation, in my view, is Kane up front with Dele playing off him. Son can play where he fancies (right or left). Lucas to come on for the last 20

As Son is ineligible for the first leg, play Dele (or Lucas) as the false 9.

Anyway it's the manager's view (and the medics) as to what our formation will be.

A point today please. No messing around and no injuries.

Fair enough.

Agree to disagree but I think Son and even Moura may be starting to make Pochettino consider how we play next season.

On Alli, I am still hoping he sparks into life for the last 5 weeks. Not seen a goal from him in a long time.

And PLEASE no injuries.

Team > Kane

Now we have a situation where we have a guy who scores 35 goals a season if he stays fit.

BUT

The team seems to flourish up top without him.

The fix is to get the team to play with the same intensity with Kane in it.
Moura should be allowed to thrive and shoot even with Kane. People said Eriksen is missing Kane, yet he’s playing with more freedom and further forward without Kane.

Harry is a legend, and a must. But not at the expense of the teams momentum.

100% fit or he’s on the bench for me, no two ways about it. It’s better that Moura, Son and Eriksen score 15 between them than Harry scores 8 on his own.

Nothing to even talk about.

Team > Kane

Now we have a situation where we have a guy who scores 35 goals a season if he stays fit.

BUT

The team seems to flourish up top without him.

The fix is to get the team to play with the same intensity with Kane in it.
Moura should be allowed to thrive and shoot even with Kane. People said Eriksen is missing Kane, yet he’s playing with more freedom and further forward without Kane.

Harry is a legend, and a must. But not at the expense of the teams momentum.

100% fit or he’s on the bench for me, no two ways about it. It’s better that Moura, Son and Eriksen score 15 between them than Harry scores 8 on his own.

Nothing to even talk about.

Yep, and this is on Pochettino.

We are slower with Kane. Against some teams that's fine but we have to be adaptable.

There are now times when Kane can play behind Son because he is wonderful on the ball and can see 'that' pass.

But we cannot and should not always play to his strengths alone.

Today Otamendi or Stones will surely play and here the shame is that Kane won't be available but again we can take advantage of them if we believe and are good enough.

The Kane 'MUST' always play is now an open debate for me.

The Kane 'MUST' always play is now an open debate for me.
The guy is injury prone. That’s just a fact now.
He needs managing and protecting and that’s proper rehabilitation periods, and rotation.

Should never have travelled to Tranmere, and doesn’t need to play every single minute when games are dead. His personal records are not the club’s priority.

I mean can anyone imagine what happens if we get to the final, effectively without Kane contributing?

My point is could anyone think that City could do it without De Bruyne, Barcelona without Messi, R Madrid fot however long without Ronaldo?

The guy is injury prone. That’s just a fact now.
He needs managing and protecting and that’s proper rehabilitation periods, and rotation.

Should never have travelled to Tranmere, and doesn’t need to play every single minute when games are dead. His personal records are not the club’s priority.

Yep 100%.

I remember saying at the time and of course getting bo!!ocks from some people. How pathetic.

Pochettino has to use his services better and Kane has to recognise club before person.

It's why I love Aguero in that respect. Team first nearly always.

Again, not quite sure I agree.

A guy who scores (on average) a goal every two games (and sometimes better) should play.

Only 8 games left (max.). He should play (almost) regardless of his fitness.

On a separate point he has this tendency to roll over on his ankle when tackling, almost inviting the defender to tread on it. It happened with that elephant Jones and now with Delph.

I don't think he's injury prone - he's just had an unfortunate run after not being protected by the manager (Tranmere, not being subbed when the game was over against Everton, being brought back too early etc. )

No-one cares about the Golden Boot.

It’s such a lazy narrative to say we’re better without Kane. Pundits look to us scraping poor victories against fulham Watford Leicester and Newcastle in the dying minutes and think ‘look how good they are without him!’

Nonsense! Also this bs about son playing better without him? Please... two of our best games of the season were Everton away and Bournemouth at Wembley Kane and son played in both - both got 2 vs Everton and son got 2 and Kane got 1 vs Bournemouth.

Added to that, kane’s Intelligence, passing hold up play and Ariel ability (a much underrated aspect of his game!) and two footed ness give us a much more balanced side. So sick of morons digging out one of the best, if not the best out and out striker in the world.

Back
Top Bottom