Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All seems a bit knee jerk to me.

Kane and Son were DEADLY before Kane's injury and we mostly played the diamond formation - the issue is he's been rushed back and ruined the flow of a team that were winning without him. I also think Dele being out is also hindering our overall play more so.

I don't mind the diamond formation, I just don't like playing it with the personnel we have to offer. We don't have a decent defensive midfielder. We miss Dele, who's perfect for it. Eriksen is off form and Sissoko vacates midfield more often than not to babysit whoever plays right back.

The formation itself offers no protection to our defence because Winks is dragged all over the place being a one man midfield, busier than a cucumber in a womens prison. We've become predictable due to our lack of options and good coaches being able to see that midfield and behind our full backs are a weakness.

Kane and Son were DEADLY before Kane's injury and we mostly played the diamond formation - the issue is he's been rushed back and ruined the flow of a team that were winning without him. I also think Dele being out is also hindering our overall play more so.

I don't mind the diamond formation, I just don't like playing it with the personnel we have to offer. We don't have a decent defensive midfielder. We miss Dele, who's perfect for it. Eriksen is off form and Sissoko vacates midfield more often than not to babysit whoever plays right back.

The formation itself offers no protection to our defence because Winks is dragged all over the place being a one man midfield, busier than a cucumber in a womens prison. We've become predictable due to our lack of options and good coaches being able to see that midfield and behind our full backs are a weakness.
We scrapped through games we should have won anyway, plus we got knocked out of both domestic cups whilst Kane was away. It is incredible how people have spun this. Especially the people (who are not Tottenham fans) blaming Kane for Son playing poorly. Granted we had a good half against Dortmund but they were very weak.

Last edited:

When was Kane & Son combo deadly this season in a diamond?

When was Kane & Son combo deadly this season in a diamond?

This season when Kane and Son have started in the diamond, here's the goals and assists between them

Started: 7
Goals: 11
Assists; 6

Problem is - we haven't got the midfield personnel to really play it or the wing backs to use as wingers.

Can’t believe I am going to say this but it should have been a bannable offence.

My little boy loves Kane and if he saw him doing that he would say it’s wrong and would probably be disappointed, I know none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes but footballers need to understand that the world is watching when you do things like this and they have a higher level of responsibility.

The fact that the ref has seen it and thought it was ok is even more shocking, further proof that the refs in this league are incompetent.

Back
Top Bottom