Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You better not talk about someone's upbringing if you clearly know nothing about it.
I was referring to the fact, that Kane has been playing for a team since he was 6, so he has been exposed to the football culture of Britain from a very young age, so clearly the actions against Chelsea, he most likely perceives as being normal.
This isn't an insult to Kane particularly but you could have someone from a very good background playing football, but once they are integrated into the culture, they become like anyone else; thugs.

I was referring to the fact, that Kane has been playing for a team since he was 6, so he has been exposed to the football culture of Britain from a very young age, so clearly the actions against Chelsea, he most likely perceives as being normal.
This isn't an insult to Kane particularly but you could have someone from a very good background playing football, but once they are integrated into the culture, they become like anyone else; thugs.
I think Kane is perfectly aware of the fact that he shouldn't have reacted in that way and it's extremely rare in his case, he is certainly not a 'thug', in fact he is quite the opposite, but even he is not perfect, like no footballer, politician, tennis player or any poster here for that matter is perfect.

The only response Poch could really give there, but I don't think it's particularly crazy to suggest that Kane coming back into the squad may have had an ironically detrimental effect.

Even assuming he's fully fit, the squad had clearly 'got' how to play with Son as the main striker (and, who knows, perhaps the safety blanket of Kane coming back made a lot of the squad complacent - which would go some way to explaining the Burnley game).

It'd be just our fucking luck if Harry being injured for a little longer would have actually been a good thing for us overall.

The only response Poch could really give there, but I don't think it's particularly crazy to suggest that Kane coming back into the squad may have had an ironically detrimental effect.

Even assuming he's fully fit, the squad had clearly 'got' how to play with Son as the main striker (and, who knows, perhaps the safety blanket of Kane coming back made a lot of the squad complacent - which would go some way to explaining the Burnley game).

It'd be just our fucking luck if Harry being injured for a little longer would have actually been a good thing for us overall.

Sometimes when a key player comes back it messes with the minds of the other players, in that it encourages them to take their foot off the gas just a touch. We've seen it before.

This just sounds like a bad excuse for poor behaviour, Harry is capable of knowing the difference between right and wrong, irrespective of his background.

I came from a shit background, that doesn’t mean I would try and headbutt people.

The problem is, you can’t talk about this in regards to one of our own players because people get upset and consider you some sort of “traitor” at the end of the day, Harry Kane is well known and represented this country in a World Cup as a captain, he is a role model to young kids and whilst I do agree with you that footballers shouldn’t be role models because most of them behave pathetically, that’s besides the point, they are still looked up to.

At the end of the day, he shouldn’t be trying to headbutt someone, I don’t care who it is, it’s unacceptable.

Only difference is, tribalism seems to blind people to it, I guarantee if that was a Liverpool player doing it most people here would be screaming for a ban.
I was more annoyed with him not letting them have the ball back after they kicked it out for our player who went down holding his head. Just very unsportsmanlike conduct all round from Kane in that match. Definitely not the behaviour a role model for young kids to have.

D0lXS07WsAErBmt.png

I know it means fuck all but I just found it interesting that we've lost in 3 games Kane has scored in this season whereas in the previous 5 seasons, we'd lost 3 games in total when Kane had scored.

You are all fucking blind. We were playing great before Kane? Don't make me fucking laugh. I love spurs; I have been going since I was 5, but it is a shame we have such shit support.

I mean the Dortmund game was arguably our best performance under Pochettino - but I would tend to agree. We haven't been our free flowing self - though I put that down to Dele being out more than Kane.

I mean the Dortmund game was arguably our best performance under Pochettino - but I would tend to agree. We haven't been our free flowing self - though I put that down to Dele being out more than Kane.
Not to mention that the collective... what would you call it? 'Focus' of most of the squad... was night and day from that Dortmund game to Burnley and Chelsea.

Nevermind. I shouldn't make any honest observations on our recent performances.

Just a shit fan.
:pochbye:

Not to mention that the collective... what would you call it? 'Focus' of most of the squad... was night and day from that Dortmund game to Burnley and Chelsea.

Nevermind. I shouldn't make any honest observations on our recent performances.

Just a shit fan.
:pochbye:
What about before Dortmund? Have you forgot the lucky wins against teams we should be beating anyway. Oh and two cups we got knocked out of?
I suppose Kane disrupted Trippier placing it in his goal the other night?
It just doesn't add up to me. Whenever results go against us it is blame Kane time. We played one good half against an incredibly weak Dortmund team (who had shipped 9 goals in their previous 3 matches). Bravo.
The shit support comment was not aimed at you specifically. For the past 10 years everything has gone south (despite our fantastic rise), even atmosphere. I can now confidently say we have some of the quietest support in England.
TBH, I am just sick of it all really. I can't really say I even like spurs fans that much anymore.

The shit support comment was not aimed at you specifically. For the past 10 years everything has gone south (despite our fantastic rise), even atmosphere. I can now confidently say we have some of the quietest support in England.
One thing that hasn't gone south is our attendances. We've been getting 60,000 + on a regular basis whereas for decades before we never had a crowd over 40,000.
That's got to be a positive going forward. Even if a lot of the extra fans are newbies, we've proved we have a fanbase to rival some of the biggest clubs in Europe

What about before Dortmund? Have you forgot the lucky wins against teams we should be beating anyway. Oh and two cups we got knocked out of?
I suppose Kane disrupted Trippier placing it in his goal the other night?
It just doesn't add up to me. Whenever results go against us it is blame Kane time. We played one good half against an incredibly weak Dortmund team (who had shipped 9 goals in their previous 3 matches). Bravo.
TBH, I am just sick of it all really. I can't really say I even like spurs fans that much anymore.

Think across this forum we’re all big Kane fans and have been for many years. My feeling was in general our results were decent with Kane out and they were getting better so why not leave as it is, let the deputies get more confidence and have Kane on the bench charging his batteries incase? Putting him back in wasn’t a silver bullet. Not saying it was his fault but it didn’t work for whatever reason. He is totally amazing but looks jaded to me, rest can only help.

Football over the years has gone south, like most things dominated by money. Don’t think we’re a bad bunch though

Exclusive: Tottenham players fear Harry Kane could quit if trophy drought continues

Can anyone really blame him? He must get even more angry than the rest of us...... We are doing the correct thing commercially in building the stadium and financially happy days.......

But there has been pretty much zero interest in improving the team just that tiny bit to make to make us genuine contenders and I'm afraid that's just crap.

We are in serious danger of wasting one of the best squads we've ever had.

as with all our better players, they can get more money and a better chance of winning trophies elsewhere, why should they stay with us ?

One of the things I love about H is that whenever we score an equaliser, he's always the first to get the ball back to the halfway line, no messing about. Also against Woolwich today, the way he went to hug Hugo & Jan simultaneously shows that at heart, he is one of us.

Back
Top Bottom