Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t believe I am going to say this but it should have been a bannable offence.

My little boy loves Kane and if he saw him doing that he would say it’s wrong and would probably be disappointed, I know none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes but footballers need to understand that the world is watching when you do things like this and they have a higher level of responsibility.

The fact that the ref has seen it and thought it was ok is even more shocking, further proof that the refs in this league are incompetent.

It's nothing personal, but this post is so stupid on so many levels. Don't let your son watch football then. Kane doesn't care about your son or any other kid than ones he has. FFS

It's nothing personal, but this post is so stupid on so many levels. Don't let your son watch football then. Kane doesn't care about your son or any other kid than ones he has. FFS

So my post is stupid because you disagree with it?

Kids look up to footballers, you may not like it but it happens and footballers have a responsibility to behave professionally, if you headbutted someone on the street you would be in trouble with the law, what makes it any different on a football pitch?

I love Harry Kane but don’t let my loyalty blind me to the facts.

Also, let me ask you this, if Poch made the same movement towards Mike Dean after the Burnley game, what would your thoughts be on that? Would that be setting a good example?

So my post is stupid because you disagree with it?

Kids look up to footballers, you may not like it but it happens and footballers have a responsibility to behave professionally, if you headbutted someone on the street you would be in trouble with the law, what makes it any different on a football pitch?

I love Harry Kane but don’t let my loyalty blind me to the facts.
You seem naive about the culture of football altogether in Europe. Soccer/footballers are the last group of people you would expect etiquette from.

Footballers/soccer players are mostly uneducated from working class backgrounds, what did you expect of Kane? A lot of these players would've been locked up, hadn't they been professional players. If your son wants good moral compass or a role model, go tell him to follow tennis, f1, rugby or something like that.

You seem naive about the culture of football altogether in Europe. Soccer/footballers are the last group of people you would expect etiquette from.

Footballers/soccer players are mostly uneducated from working class backgrounds, what did you expect of Kane? A lot of these players would've been locked up, hadn't they been professional players. If your son wants good moral compass or a role model, go tell him to follow tennis, f1, rugby or something like that.

You are such a fucking idiot every time you post something on this forum.

Every sport has role models, every sport has idiots. Class doesn't have anything to do with it, but being a dickhead (like you) does.

This just sounds like a bad excuse for poor behaviour, Harry is capable of knowing the difference between right and wrong, irrespective of his background.

I came from a shit background, that doesn’t mean I would try and headbutt people.

The problem is, you can’t talk about this in regards to one of our own players because people get upset and consider you some sort of “traitor” at the end of the day, Harry Kane is well known and represented this country in a World Cup as a captain, he is a role model to young kids and whilst I do agree with you that footballers shouldn’t be role models because most of them behave pathetically, that’s besides the point, they are still looked up to.

At the end of the day, he shouldn’t be trying to headbutt someone, I don’t care who it is, it’s unacceptable.

Only difference is, tribalism seems to blind people to it, I guarantee if that was a Liverpool player doing it most people here would be screaming for a ban.

So you've never impulsively lost your calm at an important moment in your life? Never shouted at someone irrationally or lost your rag for a split second? Just because they are footballers doesn't mean they are made any different from the rest of us.

Kane squared up to Cesar, he didn't nut him. People need to stop biting when it comes to these media reports, you all fall for it hook line and sinker

So you've never impulsively lost your calm at an important moment in your life? Never shouted at someone irrationally or lost your rag for a split second? Just because they are footballers doesn't mean they are made any different from the rest of us.

Kane squared up to Cesar, he didn't nut him. People need to stop biting when it comes to these media reports, you all fall for it hook line and sinker

Not having a go mate but it was pretty clear from the footage Kane tried to headbutt him and missed.

I don’t expect him to be perfect (or anybody for that matter) we are all capable of mistakes but you know, he also has to understand that he is incredibly privileged to be in the position he is and when he steps out on to a pitch he has a responsibility to be professional.

I don’t want to be a hypocrite, at the end of the day I would criticise a footballer from another team for this so it’s only fair to criticise Harry imo.

You are such a fucking idiot every time you post something on this forum.

Every sport has role models, every sport has idiots. Class doesn't have anything to do with it, but being a dickhead (like you) does.
Wow you must be very intelligent, you can't even express a single sentence without swearing or throwing insults around. That must be your definition of winning debates. Are you one of those guys in England that can't go through a single sentence without throwing the f-bombs in?

The fact is, two of the highest profile players (Messi and Ronaldo) are convicted tax frauds and one is a potential rapist. Could you imagine people like Nadal or Federer with that sort of reputation?

Not having a go mate but it was pretty clear from the footage Kane tried to headbutt him and missed.

I don’t expect him to be perfect (or anybody for that matter) we are all capable of mistakes but you know, he also has to understand that he is incredibly privileged to be in the position he is and when he steps out on to a pitch he has a responsibility to be professional.

I don’t want to be a hypocrite, at the end of the day I would criticise a footballer from another team for this so it’s only fair to criticise Harry imo.

Harry lost his head in a moment where the other team were sticking it up him. If I recall the shithousery occurred after we passed the ball back to him and he had 3 Chelsea boys around him. I'm not saying what Harry did was right but he's not a snide or a shit, I don't think it's right to come down heavy on him because of one impulsive uccurence.

Cesar had his face all over him, Luiz what's shoving him and from what I remember Caballero was giving him stick as well, the same as at the end when Luiz was shithousing him when taking a throw. It clearly got under Harry's skin, he's human and impulsively reacted even if it wasn't the best way to do so. As humans it happens regardless of how privileged a life you lead.

He shouldn't have stooped to that level at all but people need to appreciate that because they play football or get paid a lot of dough it doesn't make them any less human

No I'm not blaming Kane here. What he done yesterday in the game, is the norm in the football culture and his upbringing. I'm blaming people who are complaining because they expect these footballers to be saints and role models. If these people want any improvement, there needs to be a huge overhaul in the whole culture, eradicating all the violence, racism, homophobia in the game.

No I'm not blaming Kane here. What he done yesterday in the game, is the norm in the football culture and his upbringing. I'm blaming people who are complaining because they expect these footballers to be saints and role models. If these people want any improvement, there needs to be a huge overhaul in the whole culture, eradicating all the violence, racism, homophobia in the game.

Do you not feel Cesar, Luiz & Cabellero provoked him? It has nothing to do with upbringing, it is and always has been the way of the world because the bottom line is humans aren't particularly nice as a race. More pisstaking than peaceful, far greedier than giving, it's the nature of the beast. Most policitians had great upbringings, do you see them as a shining beacon of examples in how to act and behave?

Harry lost his head in a moment where the other team were sticking it up him. If I recall the shithousery occurred after we passed the ball back to him and he had 3 Chelsea boys around him. I'm not saying what Harry did was right but he's not a snide or a shit, I don't think it's right to come down heavy on him because of one impulsive uccurence.

Cesar had his face all over him, Luiz what's shoving him and from what I remember Caballero was giving him stick as well, the same as at the end when Luiz was shithousing him when taking a throw. It clearly got under Harry's skin, he's human and impulsively reacted even if it wasn't the best way to do so. As humans it happens regardless of how privileged a life you lead.

He shouldn't have stooped to that level at all but people need to appreciate that because they play football or get paid a lot of dough it doesn't make them any less human

I completely agree with you mate, you’re right in your assessment, I just think he should have faced a punishment for it, it shouldn’t be tolerated in the game in any form as far as I am concerned.

Out of interest, has anyone seen the incident from an angle other than behind Azpelecueta?

Because that's all I saw during the broadcast and the lack of depth perception in the shot made it potentially look worse than it was...

(Unsurprisingly, I skipped the post-match punditry because why the fuck would I do that to myself?)

I completely agree with you mate, you’re right in your assessment, I just think he should have faced a punishment for it, it shouldn’t be tolerated in the game in any form as far as I am concerned.

We got away with one with H I'm not going to lie but I've seen potential leg breaking challenges from the likes of Pogba this season get a blind eye turned to them. Unfortunately the unnecessary hatred some clubs fans have for others spills onto the pitch. Until supporters focus on being positive about their club instead of being pathetic towards others, it will always have a level of bile that makes the game petty and a bit of a joke.

Harry wasn't right in what he did but if Cesar, Luiz & Cabelllero don't do what they did Harry never reacts that way

Out of interest, has anyone seen the incident from an angle other than behind Azpelecueta?

Because that's all I saw during the broadcast and the lack of depth perception in the shot made it potentially look worse than it was...

(Unsurprisingly, I skipped the post-match punditry because why the fuck would I do that to myself?)

Only photos.

Regardless, it was stupid. One of those hypocritical moments though where I am sure some Spurs fans will defend it only to moan if Hazard had done it to one of our own.

We got away with one with H I'm not going to lie but I've seen potential leg breaking challenges from the likes of Pogba this season get a blind eye turned to them. Unfortunately the unnecessary hatred some clubs fans have for others spills onto the pitch. Until supporters focus on being positive about their club instead of being pathetic towards others, it will always have a level of bile that makes the game petty and a bit of a joke.

Harry wasn't right in what he did but if Cesar, Luiz & Cabelllero don't do what they did Harry never reacts that way

I agree mate but the way I see it is, we can’t control what others do but we can control how we react, know what I mean?

I do agree also that players have done far worse and avoided punishment this season as well, at the end of the day I don’t think any of it is acceptable.

Fair enough. I really would want to see a side-on video to properly judge.

Silly silly boy for doing something like that so early in the game. Very unlike him.

Don't think the angle really matters - you can clearly see Harry Kane lean in with his head. Very stupid and lucky he isn't missing the NLD and our game away at Anfield.

There is a big difference between a headbutt and a slight push with the head, it was not smart, but it would've been scandalous to give Kane or any other player a 3 match ban for such a trifle.

Back
Top Bottom