Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine a fire run by clowns...simples
but clowns have fire engines and buckets of glitter

processed-wm.jpg

The back 3, wing back tactics was the problem more than anything, also remember Burnley were gonna be tougher opponents than others we've faced recently AND apart from Dortmund 2nd half we've played pretty shit recently anyway.

Playing a back 3 with wing backs loses us a natural player in midfield or attack so the wing backs need to be on it - they weren't, their crossing was woeful and contributed to our poor play offensively. Burnley sat back and parked the bus when we had possession and used long high balls to turn our back 4 around so they faced their own goal, squeezed us, and forced us into errors. He plays two big horrible bastards for a reason. They also looked for corners and set pieces as they fancied their chances from them, correctly as it turned out.

I can't lay the blame at Kane's door, playing Fernando wouldn't have changed our intent, playing Son up front would've rendered him shut out as there was no space to run into as they sat deep and soaked it up. We didn't need a back 3 and we needed to be on it, in the league we haven't been for weeks despite the results. Maybe we were so busy thinking about Chelsea and Woolwich we took our eye of Burnley? Some of us on here did....

We can bemoan tactics, Kane starting or not starting, the referee being a prick (which he totally is) the Premier league/TV companies shitting themselves over a club winning the league by not spending any money or even Pochettino as some have said....
I’m a great believer in “true” world class players being able to read the game in front of them and change their game to suit, and great managers can do the same.....Pochettino is slow to react and Kane is the only player who can change his natural game to suit the opposition....

So he is out for more than a month and now will likely play 270+ minutes in the span of a week? Not to mention he will likely start three days later in Dortmund.

He never should have started at Burnley. I don’t blame Kane, of course he is going to want to play every minute, but this is poor management by Poch.

We all knew he shouldn't have started against Burnley. He should have been eased in. We showed we didn't need him, so pointless rushing him back.

72% win ratio when he was out injured. 0% win ratio since he's been back.

Not only that but our overall game has changed. Slowed down. Players now looking for a pass instead of testing the keeper. Just odd all round. Who's managing this? Poch or Kane!?

Hey guys, just a random Korean dude here. My English is not that great but I'll try my best to express what I think about Kane. Kane is a fine striker and there is no doubt about that. However, I do think he's very greedy when it comes to scoring a goal. The whole players are playing as if it's for him not for the team which is wrong. I know he had been a top scorer for last few seasons but looking at his stats, especially how many time he attempts to shoots, is not impressive. That's why a lot of Korean people think Kane is not or can't be one of the best strikers in the world. He's just too selfish and greedy. No hate for him just my opinion. Thank you.
Go away troll. You don't support spurs anyway.

Hey guys, just a random Korean dude here. My English is not that great but I'll try my best to express what I think about Kane. Kane is a fine striker and there is no doubt about that. However, I do think he's very greedy when it comes to scoring a goal. The whole players are playing as if it's for him not for the team which is wrong. I know he had been a top scorer for last few seasons but looking at his stats, especially how many time he attempts to shoots, is not impressive. That's why a lot of Korean people think Kane is not or can't be one of the best strikers in the world. He's just too selfish and greedy. No hate for him just my opinion. Thank you.

Substitute greedy with "hungry".

Most world class strikers are hungry by definition. I love Poch, but to me this falls on him bringing back against Burnley too early. Maybe desperation, knowing that our challenge for the elusive title rested on us having to win week in week out. Yes Kane's presence of late hasnt been the Harry we all know, but I am convinced he's not 100%.

Respectfully your post suggests he will never be a world class striker... He already is mate.

SSN reporting that the FA are looking at a possible head butt by Kane.

Could get a 3 match ban if guilty.

Yes, I saw that and wondered if they would. He was also trying to wind up Luiz from the start. This culminated in the touchline scuffle at the throw.

You could see his frustration with his, and the team's, performance.

Throwing Llorente on to get in everyone's way didn't help things either.

Back
Top Bottom