Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on.

We drew last night and deservedly went through based on our group performances but now saying we can win.

Yep we can all say it but if you have 100 quid in your pocket and outside of nepotism where would you plave your 50, 30, 20 quid?

I just think we need say nothing that's all.
Liverpool was in the final last year. Roma in semis, why couldn't Spurs do the same?
It's easier to win CL than PL.
Spanish teams aren't quite good as last seasons, Bayern falling back too. PSG should have lost to Napoli twice, but they were a bit lucky. The only team I don't wanna face is City at this point in the season.

Bullish Harry Kane sets sights on World Cup and Golden Boot double

You were one of those who ridiculed him for saying this on the eve of the World Cup no doubt. There are those that do and there are those that knock those that do.

I doubt I said anything but I did see HK on the World Cup parade.

We get a couple of quality players in January and I will say we have as good a chance as the majority of the last 16.

And for me Sessegnon is now a must because he will jump at the chance and get better and part of our future.

Why can’t we win it? We’ve proven on our day we can compete with the best of them. Into knock out football we shouldn’t let history hold us back. We beat Real last season. We could have got a result against Juve had we not had that flat second half in the second leg. Whoever we draw won’t be relishing playing us

We get a couple of quality players in January and I will say we have as good a chance as the majority of the last 16.

And for me Sessegnon is now a must because he will jump at the chance and get better and part of our future.
4FE68DFB00000578-6146689-image-m-20_1536442568721.jpg

and a semi-final. He silences the naysayers, it's just a surprise that there are naysayers that are Tottenham fans.

If we get any players in Jan I'd be very surprised they will drop straight into the side unless we are fucked by injuries. They will spend their time integrating with the team ready for next season.

Disagree with what exactly?

His quotes are basically saying that it's going to be tough but we're capable of beating anyone which is true.

I don't think we can beat anyone because those kind of words are too easy to trot out.

When we win something then I won't query (so much!) Or doubt it.

We are incredibly close but we have to add to our rank in January for this season's exploits.

That buys us even more belief and I think it keeps Eriksen at least at the club.

I don't think we can beat anyone because those kind of words are too easy to trot out.

When we win something then I won't query (so much!) Or doubt it.

We are incredibly close but we have to add to our rank in January for this season's exploits.

That buys us even more belief and I think it keeps Eriksen at least at the club.

What HG players do you realistically see us signing and improving us?

Not a dig just interested. I can't think of many who's clubs will be willing to sell mid way through the season.

Not a dig just interested. I can't think of many who's clubs will be willing to sell mid way through the season.

I am not a scout mate.

I think we have to strike early and when the time is right. For us that is in January because the summer just sees us disappear in the mire of uncertainty and excuses.

We are nearing a point as a club and group of fans where we believe no player is good enough to improve us.

There are some on here who would say Ronaldo and Messi or Neymar or Mbappe could not fit in.

It gets stupid so I think we need improvements. Who that is or might be I am unsure but there are undoubtedly players out there.

I am not a scout mate.

I think we have to strike early and when the time is right. For us that is in January because the summer just sees us disappear in the mire of uncertainty and excuses.

We are nearing a point as a club and group of fans where we believe no player is good enough to improve us.

There are some on here who would say Ronaldo and Messi or Neymar or Mbappe could not fit in.

It gets stupid so I think we need improvements. Who that is or might be I am unsure but there are undoubtedly players out there.

Right, well we can't sign any foreign players and register them without selling 4 foreign players. So that rules out any foreign fancy name superstars.

It leaves us with signing home grown talent. Most of which are key players for their clubs. If we sign ANYONE in January, it'll be with the Summer in mind and they are likely to not play a single game for us until next season.

Simple as that. Someone else said it in this thread but it's crazy that some Spurs fans aren't actually aware of that. I do hope they educate themselves before they start moaning about a lack of signings next month.

Right, well we can't sign any foreign players and register them without selling 4 foreign players. So that rules out any foreign fancy name superstars.

It leaves us with signing home grown talent. Most of which are key players for their clubs. If we sign ANYONE in January, it'll be with the Summer in mind and they are likely to not play a single game for us until next season.

Simple as that. Someone else said it in this thread but it's crazy that some Spurs fans aren't actually aware of that. I do hope they educate themselves before they start moaning about a lack of signings next month.

Could we (genuine question because I have not looked) sell Llorente and buy a foreign player for example?

HK is ridiculous. When I was a littl'un, even though I was a spurs fan, my favorite player was Beardsley - he used to dink and turn and flick and put these little passes through... and our Harry did that against Barcelona! Just beautiful.

Sessengon will win us the CL... You heard it here folks! :sonpoint:

Grealish, Sessengon & Zaha, blood.

£200m... Bosh!

...CL invincibles, fam.

Last edited:

Best make this post the front page of the fucking forum for the entirety of January.... Your hopes will be in vain fella. :paulinhobored:

Back
Top Bottom