Harry Kane

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

Game today was a microcosm of Harry Kane's season. Snuck a goal, but looked totally slow and well off the pace again, didn't chase like he used to, and barely touched the ball in their box.

Game today was a microcosm of Harry Kane's season. Snuck a goal, but looked totally slow and well off the pace again, didn't chase like he used to, and barely touched the ball in their box.
Touches in the box is an irrelevant stat for Kane, I think he was poor today but even when on fire he doesn't have many touches in the box (not by CF standards).

Straight after half time he could have laid the ball off to Eriksen near the edge of the box who had a lot of space. Instead Harry went the long way round and shot left foot well wide. That's something that irritated me at the time but even more so after what transpired.

I'm the biggest Kane fan you'll find....but when you see how City players so often play the ball for someone else to tap in....I wish Harry was a bit more like that when the opportunity is there. I'm not saying Eriksen would have gone on and scored but Harry was pretty well of balance by the time he shot on his weaker foot.

Register to remove

That’s a good read. Agree with all of it. It’s also why you get the feeling he will smash all of the records because he will still be banging goals in well in to his thirties due to not relying on one attribute. As long as he stays healthy, which he probably will, he will break greaves and shearer before he is 30 and Rooneys England record soon after I think. Then he will just keep plundering goals and records for another 5 years that will probably never be broken.

Register to remove

Top Bottom