Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CM.

Though defensive stats have shot through the roof this season. Can beat the press. Excellent at dribbling. Passing isn't the greatest but it doesn't need to be.

Cool. I'm in.... Call it £100m... £150m if he wears black boots.... Plenty of time for him to grow into his price-tag.... (Not like that ever proves an issue amongst our fans).

I don't think we can beat anyone because those kind of words are too easy to trot out.

When we win something then I won't query (so much!) Or doubt it.

We are incredibly close but we have to add to our rank in January for this season's exploits.

That buys us even more belief and I think it keeps Eriksen at least at the club.
But we can beat anyone.

And it's very different if say a Wolves player said it after they beat Chelsea or something than it is when Kane says it because we HAVE beaten Madrid, chavs, Dortmund, man utd, arse and dippers etc in recent seasons.

Before we win something we have to be capable of beating anyone so we're on the right track.

I think people get a bit carried away. Yeah we played great football in the second half, yeah we probably should have won the game if we had converted our chances but after all Barcelona rested a few of their key players (which came in handy for us) and I have a feeling that those who were introduced in the second half didn’t put a lot of effort in.

But we can beat anyone.

And it's very different if say a Wolves player said it after they beat Chelsea or something than it is when Kane says it because we HAVE beaten Madrid, chavs, Dortmund, man utd, arse and dippers etc in recent seasons.

Before we win something we have to be capable of beating anyone so we're on the right track.

On the right track I agree.

Yet to win to win though.

Of course he's going to say that kind of stuff. There's no point showing up otherwise.

It would be fucking amazing if it happened, and while we're in the competition we have just as much a chance as all the other teams. I'll not start counting my chicken, but I'm also not going to write us off completely. Step by step and see where it takes us.

Edit: And the headline is actually massivley misrepresenting what Harry Kane says in the quotes which are presented in the article (Another case of journo's using extremes to make headlines surprise.)

“It’s another step forward,” Kane said. “It’s a massive achievement for the club but it’s important we carry it on and go as far as we can in this competition. This will give us belief we can do that. The way we played and the chances we created – it shows we can be as good as anyone on our day. Thankfully, the football gods were looking down because PSV got the result that helped us out.

“There isn’t a bigger game than Barcelona away. We know if we get them again, maybe in the later stages– we played Juve and Real Madrid last year and did well – we know it’s in there. Who knows how far we can go? It’s about belief.

“Not many people have been talking about Tottenham in the Premier League but we get on with our job, tick over until the new year and then give it a push. The Champions League is the same. A lot of people were writing us off after three games but we’ve showed the character we’ve got.”

Last edited:
DuJ0govXgAs186f.jpg

Did have a £60,000,000 release clause before he signed a new deal the other week. A shame, because that's a bargain.
tumblr_oxkdyv3Z8w1vqbvcbo1_540.gif

In the case of Sancho, I don't gather that Spurs could have done much more to get him to sign - but between him, Andre Gomes looking decent, the old story about Ousmane Dembele being there on a plate it all becomes a little galling.

The flip side to that (staying sane) is probably Berahino and Sessegnon... though the latter will probably come good sooner or later. One does wonder if Fulham regret putting an impossibly high price tag on him now.

Hi I’ve been a Spurs fan for nearly half a century and am a long standing One Hotspur member. I’ve never really got involved in the online forum world, but felt that this was time to change that.

This year BBC Sports Personality of the Year is being presented differently. The shortlist of potential winners is not announced ahead of the show, it is announced during the show. It seems almost certain that Harry will be nominated for leading England to their best tournament for decades and for winning the Golden Boot, not to mention his dramatic heroics in the Nations Cup.

Some people are dwelling on the negatives that we didn’t actually win the World Cup, and that Harry’s was a bit of a soft golden boot with three of the goals being ‘only penalties’. To them I’d say regardless of the outcome Harry and the England team gave us a wonderful unforgettable summer with some truly euphoric moments. Who can forget the last minute goal against Tunisia when it looked like we were heading for a disappointing draw? Or the crucial penalty against the cheating Columbians who delayed the kick by three minutes while scuffing up the penalty spot?

I find it amazing that any Englishman can dismiss half his goal tally as being ‘only penalties’ given our record on this front. Imagine stepping up to that spot knowing that the whole world has stopped what it’s doing and all eyes are on you. Imagine the pressure of having the hopes and expectations of your entire nation on your shoulders. It’s a totally different situation to instinctively shooting in the heat of battle. Just ask Messi and look at his penalty conversion rate for his country. Time after time Kane kept his cool and never let us down.

Last year Kane was nominated for SPOTY and came a distant 8th with 18k votes. We didn’t really step up for him last year. Perhaps we felt that nomination was recognition enough and scoring a lot of goals for your club isn’t realistically enough to win SPOTY. Perhaps we thought his time will come. Well his time is now. He is favourite to win and we must get behind him and help him win. Manchester United fans got behind David Beckham and Ryan Giggs when they won SPOTY. If they can do it so can we.

Let’s all spread the word. Get on your facebook on twitter and spread the word. Talk to the people you meet on the train tomorrow on the way to Wembley, or the person sitting next to you in the ground. Last year many people didn’t even know that Harry was nominated.

We need the faithful to vote and vote hard on the night. Voting once isn’t enough. Rugby League showed this in 2015 where they had a clever campaign #buykevapint, which encouraged fans of Kevin Sinnfield to vote 15 times for him, which at 20p a vote was like buying him a virtual pint. This was spectacularly successful and he came 2nd with a staggering 275,000 votes. You get one free vote by registering for BBC which is the least that every Spurs fan should do, but then get your phone out and return some of the love that he has shown us by voting as many times as you can until the phone lines shut.

Kane is an outstanding athlete, a superb role model and someone the country can be truly proud of. And he’s one of our own! He deserves this, lets help him get it, it’s the least we can do.

Hi I’ve been a Spurs fan for nearly half a century and am a long standing One Hotspur member. I’ve never really got involved in the online forum world, but felt that this was time to change that.

This year BBC Sports Personality of the Year is being presented differently. The shortlist of potential winners is not announced ahead of the show, it is announced during the show. It seems almost certain that Harry will be nominated for leading England to their best tournament for decades and for winning the Golden Boot, not to mention his dramatic heroics in the Nations Cup.

Some people are dwelling on the negatives that we didn’t actually win the World Cup, and that Harry’s was a bit of a soft golden boot with three of the goals being ‘only penalties’. To them I’d say regardless of the outcome Harry and the England team gave us a wonderful unforgettable summer with some truly euphoric moments. Who can forget the last minute goal against Tunisia when it looked like we were heading for a disappointing draw? Or the crucial penalty against the cheating Columbians who delayed the kick by three minutes while scuffing up the penalty spot?

I find it amazing that any Englishman can dismiss half his goal tally as being ‘only penalties’ given our record on this front. Imagine stepping up to that spot knowing that the whole world has stopped what it’s doing and all eyes are on you. Imagine the pressure of having the hopes and expectations of your entire nation on your shoulders. It’s a totally different situation to instinctively shooting in the heat of battle. Just ask Messi and look at his penalty conversion rate for his country. Time after time Kane kept his cool and never let us down.

Last year Kane was nominated for SPOTY and came a distant 8th with 18k votes. We didn’t really step up for him last year. Perhaps we felt that nomination was recognition enough and scoring a lot of goals for your club isn’t realistically enough to win SPOTY. Perhaps we thought his time will come. Well his time is now. He is favourite to win and we must get behind him and help him win. Manchester United fans got behind David Beckham and Ryan Giggs when they won SPOTY. If they can do it so can we.

Let’s all spread the word. Get on your facebook on twitter and spread the word. Talk to the people you meet on the train tomorrow on the way to Wembley, or the person sitting next to you in the ground. Last year many people didn’t even know that Harry was nominated.

We need the faithful to vote and vote hard on the night. Voting once isn’t enough. Rugby League showed this in 2015 where they had a clever campaign #buykevapint, which encouraged fans of Kevin Sinnfield to vote 15 times for him, which at 20p a vote was like buying him a virtual pint. This was spectacularly successful and he came 2nd with a staggering 275,000 votes. You get one free vote by registering for BBC which is the least that every Spurs fan should do, but then get your phone out and return some of the love that he has shown us by voting as many times as you can until the phone lines shut.

Kane is an outstanding athlete, a superb role model and someone the country can be truly proud of. And he’s one of our own! He deserves this, lets help him get it, it’s the least we can do.

Welcome aboard and a good post

Avoid cunt offs for at least 6 weeks

:sherwoodwtf:

Also...

Fuck Lewis Hamilton.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Welcome aboard and a good post

Avoid cunt offs for at least 6 weeks

:sherwoodwtf:

Cheers Bazali. I came on expecting the forum to be buzzing about SPOTY and Kane, but I can't find any reference to it which surprises me. I guess its just not on people's radars. I can't help thinking that Kane must have felt a bit deflated last year that the Spurs faithful didn't get behind him more last year, and feel that its really important that we do this year. If he feels that we can't do this small thing for him then the 'one of our' chants might seem a bit empty.

I want to post this on all spurs fans forums, I've just signed up to the spurs community one, but don't seem to have been approved yet to post. If anyone else wants to start a thread on there feel free to copy and paste what I've said.

Good link here, Kane For SPOTY , with the Telegraph saying our Harry is the favourite:

BBC Sports Personality of the Year best bets: the winner (and losers) identified

'The Tottenham striker was largely responsible for England football fans daring to briefly dream that 52 years of hurt could finally be brought to an end this summer.

With Kane the first England player since Gary Lineker in 1990 to win the Golden Boot at the World Cup alongside captaining England to the semi-finals of the competition, it’s no surprise that bookmakers make him favourite to take home this trophy.

It’s worth noting that Paul Gascoigne won this award after England got to the same stage of the World Cup in 1990, while Michael Owen scooped the honour eight years later off the back of his wondergoal against Argentina.'

Liverpool were in the fucking final last year and lost to a team we beat. Of course we have a shot with a good draw, some luck with injuries and a run of good form.

Just realized this is the Harry Kane thread, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom