Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, injury has fucked Kane.
Not him not getting enough space to shoot in previous seasons, having players all over him, sometimes man marking, for the most part due to his fantastic goal scoring record, playing deep to free faster strikers becuase of that attention. Nothing to do with playing non stop for years, a few weeks break and two kids since January 2017.
It’s all down to his second injury, or was it third.
He’s never going to be the same striker. Let’s get rid of him.
Sell him now while we’re can get big money,
Just 2 goals and an assist in 5
Exactly the same as Salah ( yet Mane and Firmino have got 6 and 2 between them)
2 goals less and an assist more than Lukaku
Who also has less than Hazard
Maybe we should look at our other midfield players, bar Moura, like Dele and Eriksen who, between them, have chipped in one goal less and 1 more assist than Kane.
Whereas West Ham’s Yarmalenko and Arnautovic have scored as many goals and assists as Kane an Moura.

Last edited:
Is there much difference this season to how Kane has started other seasons?

It feels completely different. Goals aside, in previous seasons his contribution has been good from the off. And he has tried things. This season he doesn't seem to be in the games. It might be the change in having Lucas up top with him, but it was going on the back end of last season too.

It feels completely different. Goals aside, in previous seasons his contribution has been good from the off. And he has tried things. This season he doesn't seem to be in the games. It might be the change in having Lucas up top with him, but it was going on the back end of last season too.

Didnt he hit the post about 5 times in the first few games last year.....definitely had more appeal about him

From March and April. Shocking that after a whole summer, the same issues are still prevalent.
This is on the manager to be totally honest.
The stats speak for themselves, and Kane is not the be all and end all of our attack. Martial wouldnt have changed jack shit, just another AM on the bench.
Agree, apart from the Martial bit. In my mind he would have been a genuine alternative to Kane up front. Similar to Son though, so I'm not necessarily saying we should have bought Martial.

Has Harry simply become less selfish since the worldwide criticism and ridicule he received after the Stoke goal he took off Eriksen? Has being called a greedy b@stard really got to him? I think it has

Is he trying to overcompensate by shooting less and being more of a team player

Poch needs to get in his ear and tell him to get up front and shoot on sight whenever and wherever he wants......fcuk all this dropping deep malarky and being selfless

We want our Harry back

Maybe he has changed his game due to Lucas being up top with him.

I’d love to see Kane, Lucas and Son up top together, that could be as deadly as any front three.

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Toby - Jan - Rose -
- Dele - Dier - Eriksen -
- Lucas - Kane - Son
On paper that’s one of the best line ups in the league, but is it leaving us too light in midfield? It's similar to the Man City line up, with how they play 1 defensive midfielder then 2 attacking midfielders, but would Dele and Eriksen trackback as much?

Last edited:
Not a fucking peep from anyone about him, I thought he was garbage on Saturday too, as he has been since his arm was torn from his body. Yet he's OK, he's not fatigued or burnt out. Quite a bizarre state of affairs.

When Harry is poor it’s a bigger disappointment though.
24yrs old with 3 of the best seasons for a striker in English football behind him.

Salah is 27(?) with about 6 crap seasons and one excellent one. With him it’s revert to norm.

With Kane somethings wrong

Last edited:
When Harry is poor it’s a bigger disappointment though.
24yrs old with 3 of the best seasons for a striker in English football behind him.

Salah is 27(?) with about 6 crap seasons and one excellent one. With hime it’s revert to norm.

With Kane somethings wrong
No, sorry Sammy, with Mo 'balloon knot d'or' Salad he is allowed to be simply out of form, not quite up to speed yet. Whilst Kane is dead, out on his feet. There is a massive difference between the two and what is written about them, Kane wasn't even allowed to win the Golden boot at the World Cup without a chorus of "they were pens" jibes.

No, sorry Sammy, with Mo 'balloon knot d'or' Salad he is allowed to be simply out of form, not quite up to speed yet. Whilst Kane is dead, out on his feet. There is a massive difference between the two and what is written about them, Kane wasn't even allowed to win the Golden boot at the World Cup without a chorus of "they were pens" jibes.

I’m not bothered about idiots slagging him off, I’m just bothered about his form

Back
Top Bottom