Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a fucking peep from anyone about him, I thought he was garbage on Saturday too, as he has been since his arm was torn from his body. Yet he's OK, he's not fatigued or burnt out. Quite a bizarre state of affairs.
Agree totally,as I said in the match thread.He has been bang average since the beginning of the world cup,yet doesn't get the grief Harry does

When Harry is poor it’s a bigger disappointment though.
24yrs old with 3 of the best seasons for a striker in English football behind him.

Salah is 27(?) with about 6 crap seasons and one excellent one. With hime it’s revert to norm.

With Kane somethings wrong

No, sorry Sammy, with Mo 'balloon knot d'or' Salad he is allowed to be simply out of form, not quite up to speed yet. Whilst Kane is dead, out on his feet. There is a massive difference between the two and what is written about them, Kane wasn't even allowed to win the Golden boot at the World Cup without a chorus of "they were pens" jibes.

I agree with these both. Kane has had 4 brilliant season, yet people write him off weekly, call him overrated and when he does something spectacular they will claim it's a fluke. Salah has one good season and he's up for Fifa player of the year, favourite for Ballon D'Or and wins player of the year. It's not just rival fans, it's the media as well.

Fans claim Griezmann should have won top scorer at the World Cup, yet he scored 2 penalties as well! English fans always write off our own national players but love foreign, and we seem to be the only nation that does it. If Kane was Spanish the English fans would love him, but it isn't the case.

The truth is, he is the best striker in the world. English fans who aren't Spurs fans won't appreciate that.

No one is making a fuss of Salah not scoring or being sluggish, but they are making a huge deal of it with Kane. We won't see the end of it.

Last edited:
I’m not bothered about idiots slagging him off, I’m just bothered about his form
And that is the point, we should be discussing his FORM. Not him being burnt out, fatigued. Absolutely NO ONE knows this, NO ONE has the data to prove this (Apart from the player and the management of course). If he was dead he wouldn't be played as there is no benefit to him or the team in this scenario, it's massively disrespectful to a highly detailed manager, who has a track record of protecting the player's welfare by not playing injured players or holding off on sending players to go under the knife.

Why is Kane's form always down to him being shagged? Why isn't it him simply struggling to regain his form, being played in a different position or a combination of the two (or any other reason)? Salad isn't shagged, so no one is saying he's shagged, it's he's out of form. Kane doesn't play well and it's always because he's shagged.

No, sorry Sammy, with Mo 'balloon knot d'or' Salad he is allowed to be simply out of form, not quite up to speed yet. Whilst Kane is dead, out on his feet. There is a massive difference between the two and what is written about them, Kane wasn't even allowed to win the Golden boot at the World Cup without a chorus of "they were pens" jibes.
Do you not think there's a problem with Harry apart from fatigue which is readily thrown about. As much as i love him, my eyes are telling me i'm watching a different player. I have no answers, i'm certainly no expert and have to bow to those that are, manager, club doctors, nutritionists, stats monkeys, all saying nothings wrong.
My eyes are telling me different but maybe it's just me and i need to get to specsavers lively.

Do you not think there's a problem with Harry apart from fatigue which is readily thrown about. As much as i love him, my eyes are telling me i'm watching a different player. I have no answers, i'm certainly no expert and have to bow to those that are, manager, club doctors, nutritionists, stats monkeys, all saying nothings wrong.
My eyes are telling me different but maybe it's just me and i need to get to specsavers lively.

Peaked?

It happens.

Kane never really took the time to recover from his injury at Bournemouth last season. He wanted to be back, and wants to play every game. It's not selfishness, it's hunger and desire to be the very best. I don't think he's changed, and he certainly doesn't want to leave. Maybe he's carrying a knock, maybe he's fatigued, or maybe he just hasn't hit full form yet.

If he goes and scores twice tomorrow then again at Brighton then no one will question it and normal service will be resumed. People expect him to score weekly, and rightly so as it's what we've been used to over the past 4 seasons.

No one is calling Salah a one season wonder, and the only they will is if he fails to replicate last season. We are already beginning to see fans question Salah, and that's because English fans don't like players being successful. No one sits there slating Chris Wood for not scoring, because he isn't a big name.

Kane will score 30+ across all comps this season, and at the end of the season we'll all look back and wonder why we panicked.

He's out of form 100%. But he's doing most things the same as he always does but a lot of that isn't coming off. He tries the same reverse crossfield ball, but they aren't finding his man. His first touch has gone, what usually happened is that previously that gave him the yard he needed to get a shot away or a pass off.

The biggest issue for me is playing with him and Lucas up top. The knock on effect is we have Lucas who is almost too fast for Kane to support. Plus playing two up top means we are a man short in midfield, which means we don't or are struggling to keep control of the midfield, this directly affects the quality of the ball from midfield to either Kane or Lucas as it is pinged at speed or without the quality for him too control and also isolates both of them.

I really like Lucas, but he and Kane are not a partnership. With the exception of Kane's ball to him against Utd there is very little interplay between them. It doesn't look at all fluid or pleasing on the eye. For me it isn't working, despite the fact, I like Lucas's runs in behind. In addition to this, our fullbacks do not support our attacks, they do not link up with the midfield, the controlled short passes of old are replaced with long balls into the box and leave MASSIVE gapping holes in behind that are exploited at will.

But I do not see a lethargic, knackered, lumbering, shagged out Kane.

He's out of form 100%. But he's doing most things the same as he always does but a lot of that isn't coming off. He tries the same reverse crossfield ball, but they aren't finding his man. His first touch has gone, what usually happened is that previously that gave him the yard he needed to get a shot away or a pass off.

The biggest issue for me is playing with him and Lucas up top. The knock on effect is we have Lucas who is almost too fast for Kane to support. Plus playing two up top means we are a man short in midfield, which means we don't or are struggling to keep control of the midfield, this directly affects the quality of the ball from midfield to either Kane or Lucas as it is pinged at speed or without the quality for him too control and also isolates both of them.

I really like Lucas, but he and Kane are not a partnership. With the exception of Kane's ball to him against Utd there is very little interplay between them. It doesn't look at all fluid or pleasing on the eye. For me it isn't working, despite the fact, I like Lucas's runs in behind. In addition to this, our fullbacks do not support our attacks, they do not link up with the midfield, the controlled short passes of old are replaced with long balls into the box and leave MASSIVE gapping holes in behind that are exploited at will.

But I do not see a lethargic, knackered, lumbering, shagged out Kane.

I agree with your stance on the Kane/Lucas partnership.

Lucas actually looked a lot better when he was outwide against Liverpool - Like the idea of him being on the left with Lamela on the right to be honest. Absolutely nothing stopping Lucas from making those runs in behind whilst playing out wide.

Not a fucking peep from anyone about him, I thought he was garbage on Saturday too, as he has been since his arm was torn from his body. Yet he's OK, he's not fatigued or burnt out. Quite a bizarre state of affairs.
I think there have been some rumblings about him, but I don't want to go off on a tangent by talking about it. For me, Kane is completely out of form. And I'm very worried about it.

I agree with your stance on the Kane/Lucas partnership.

Lucas actually looked a lot better when he was outwide against Liverpool - Like the idea of him being on the left with Lamela on the right to be honest. Absolutely nothing stopping Lucas from making those runs in behind whilst playing out wide.
It's a massive conundrum. For me, it's not about positions being played but the relationship between players. Their movements and how they are read by each other. For the past +3yrs we have produced many repeatable movements, game after game after game. I haven't witnessed any this season other than Tripps lumping it into the box +10 times per game, then unable to get back and defend the void left behind him. This is putting a huge strain on the balance of midfield and in defence (Rose was just as shit and doubled the shitness that we saw on Saturday, both FB's creating a shitstorm of panic and lack of cohesion, a double whammy of shite).

Back to Kane and Lucas: What are they trying to achieve, what are the repeated patterns to their play? Kane is doing what he normally does and hold it up and try to turn and get a forward pass out to Lucas (used to be Dele). Problem is Kane isn't finding this pass and/or Lucas isn't where Dele was, or at least the interpretation is this (Kane and Dele have always linked up so well, always found each other, even if there was +40yrs of space between them).

All the pieces to the puzzle we have (Kane, Dele, Lucas, Eriksen, Lamela and Son) have ALL proved their quality and all have shown their fluidity together. What isn't working is 2 up top. We have to play a 4-2-3-1, get our control of midfield back in games, even if this is at the expense of it becoming a tad boring in the short term. We need to build our confidence back up. Play with more authority and composure.

I don't give a fuck who plays and who's dropped up top, they are all good enough. Our problem is playing two up top and having two shit fullbacks (Rose and Tripps). Drop both of these two, play Aurier or KWP on the right (both are better footballers and offer balance both with and without the ball and don't require having our midfield & defence get pulled about all over the place). Davies is better than Rose right now (and as suspected Rose's good performance for England was because he was playing against a Grandad in that gooner cunt). Don't play Dembele in the deepest position in midfield and give that spot to Dier or Wanyama, currently whoever plays in that role is going to be in there on there own, it doesn't work ESPECIALLY when our FB's are pushed on.

I think there have been some rumblings about him, but I don't want to go off on a tangent by talking about it. For me, Kane is completely out of form. And I'm very worried about it.
I'm not worried at all about him.

My worries are how we as a team are set up. 2 up top and shit FB's are the problems we absolutely have to find solutions to.

Well him on shite form he’s still better than llorente and Janssen. But he should be benched at least against inter

I'm leaning more towards getting him back to familiar surroundings (4231) as opposed to dropping him.

Get him further forward. Leading the line as opposed to dropping deep to accommodate a winger playing as a striker.

I'm leaning more towards getting him back to familiar surroundings (4231) as opposed to dropping him.

Get him further forward. Leading the line as opposed to dropping deep to accommodate a winger playing as a striker.
I’m hating this season tactics. Lucas isn’t even a damn striker. Playing him in the wing and harry alone. Poch knows our midfield absolutely sucks and he’s trying to disfarce that by playing more man there. Shambolic what we did, in this case not did, in the summer.

I'm not worried at all about him.

My worries are how we as a team are set up. 2 up top and shit FB's are the problems we absolutely have to find solutions to.
Well, there is a shade of "The Harry Kane Team" about us for this Tottingham supporter, so I'll keep worrying.

However, I have little or no time for this 4-4-2 lark, and neither am I happy with our FBs.

no one will question it

Why do people keep thinking goals will fix this? People seem to forget Kane has already scored this season. And it did nothing to him - no boost in confidence, no improvements in form. He looked shattered, he scored and he still looked shattered. This isn't a confidence issue which can be solve by the ball bouncing in of his ball sack, getting him up and running for the season. It goes much deeper than that.

Using my eyes I would say every single measurement of his game play seems to be down and the numbers seem to suggest that too.
  • Vs Liverpool he had the 2nd lowest passing % of any player on the field, 64%.
  • He won 2 ariel duels, the same amount as Lamela who came on for 30 minutes.
  • He had 22 touches, the lowest of any starting player.
  • Key passes 0.
  • Dribbles 0.
  • Offsides 0, he's not even making the runs to be offside.
  • Tackles 0. We're suppose to be a team that presses from the front. Lucas had 3.
  • Total passes, 14. The lowest of any starting player on the field.
What did he even do? What was the game plan? He's a striker who utterly failed at everything a striker should do. Lamela and Son, statistically, had a greater impact on the game than Kane did, despite playing for a few minutes.

Just a fluke, right? A bad game? The exact same things can be seen in the Watford game. Well, what about the United game? Almost exactly the same.

He just isn't getting involved in games or doing the things he should be. This is either tactical (Playing as a front 2), mental (Worried about his injuries?) or physical (Shattered). None of those are solved by getting a goal.

Why do people keep thinking goals will fix this? People seem to forget Kane has already scored this season. And it did nothing to him - no boost in confidence, no improvements in form. He looked shattered, he scored and he still looked shattered. This isn't a confidence issue which can be solve by the ball bouncing in of his ball sack, getting him up and running for the season. It goes much deeper than that.

Using my eyes I would say every single measurement of his game play seems to be down and the numbers seem to suggest that too.
  • Vs Liverpool he had the 2nd lowest passing % of any player on the field, 64%.
  • He won 2 ariel duels, the same amount as Lamela who came on for 30 minutes.
  • He had 22 touches, the lowest of any starting player.
  • Key passes 0.
  • Dribbles 0.
  • Offsides 0, he's not even making the runs to be offside.
  • Tackles 0. We're suppose to be a team that presses from the front. Lucas had 3.
  • Total passes, 14. The lowest of any starting player on the field.
What did he even do? What was the game plan? He's a striker who utterly failed at everything a striker should do. Lamela and Son, statistically, had a greater impact on the game than Kane did, despite playing for a few minutes.

Just a fluke, right? A bad game? The exact same things can be seen in the Watford game. Well, what about the United game? Almost exactly the same.

He just isn't getting involved in games or doing the things he should be. This is either tactical (Playing as a front 2), mental (Worried about his injuries?) or physical (Shattered). None of those are solved by getting a goal.

It's not the case that goals will fix it, we're not that naive. The media seem to think it will, but that's because they only focus on that. He stats are down, but I don't think he's any different. He's still making himself available, he's not hiding away from the ball. I think we are all making too much of a big deal of it. We expect him to score weekly, or at least bully the defenders. He is known for slow starts, so maybe he is the same this season but has managed to bag a couple of goals. I'm not worried, and I believe he will score either tonight or this weekend.

JTODJLl.png

Harry needs the fans support the most at the moment throughout his Spurs career. We have almost taken his skill and his consistent level for granted. It's a shame we only sing his name when we score, he really needs to be sung about throughout the matches to give him a lift and some confidence.

Back
Top Bottom