Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care what anyone says, he looks completely fucked. Maybe some of you have short memories, but I remember him running 30 yards to close down a keeper as if his life depended on it. I remember him going to shoulder to shoulder and bossing defences, being deceptively quick and able to run in behind. I haven't seen him do any of that in some time.

His goals are still high but his overall play has plummeted, he's barely been involved in any of the build up to an attack. He hasn't had a break in 3 years, I don't think people appreciate how much strain that puts on the body and the mind.

He should have been rested over the international break, it's a disgrace that both him and Alli played, one of which picked up an injury.
He’s had a break each of the last two seasons during periods of injury.

Dm6oJn3X0AIFET-.jpg

Dm6oJ6WWwAAS0h8.jpg

DgAY5K4W4AANCCc.jpg

'The debate' just starting on sky sports is going to talk about Kane burnout.

Bellamy and Murphy the ones to discuss it.

Doesn't make sense, he's scored in August which he has never done before, not as if he is playing shite, just not at full speed yet just four games into the season. I guess he's so good now that if he doesn't score in a game or two he is suddenly "off-form". mental.

If he can't deal with the rigors of being a top player and a key part of a squad for the long term then he should find another line of work.

There are many, many players before him in successful sides who rarely, if ever had breaks either yet they carried on, hell, look at Aguero for Man City, he's been doing it even longer than Harry yet he still delivers week in week out for them.

FFS, have not you seen Aguero's injury record!?!?!?

Doesn't make sense, he's scored in August which he has never done before, not as if he is playing shite, just not at full speed yet just four games into the season. I guess he's so good now that if he doesn't score in a game or two he is suddenly "off-form". mental.

Merson was on SSN earlier saying how out of form Kane is. Like you say, it doesn't make sense.

I found the pregnant wife giving birth as a problem a bit funny. Millions of children are born everyday, surely it cant be that bad.

:pochunimpressed:

You sound like an expert. How many kids have you sired? I have two boys of six and four. Apart from a week just before the second was born, where my eldest got his shit together, I haven't had a good night's sleep in nearly seven years.

:pochsulk:

If we are talking physical tiredness, then i don't "really" buy it. Peak level athletes being consistently monitored by sports scientists using cutting edge technology. The manager himself says "do we not know our players better than anyone - and we see no problem." Where are people getting this issue of "burn out" from? Regurgitating the opinion of the media who love to peddle a well trodden narrative, or their own eyes where the obvious change in his role will skew the overall picture.

Its chicken or egg - has Kane's role changed because he is tired and can run less - or is he running less because we are playing two up top and we can make more use of him in a number 10 role.

If we are talking mental tiredness, do we think a character like Kane will be happy not playing? Would he really benefit from an extended period of rest having to watch the team go out without him? Many Ex pros have talked of the psychological anguish caused by not playing when out with injury. Least of all in a strikers role (and a player) where form and sharpness are a huge part of them being on their game or not.

As usual with all things in football / life it is not as black and white as some would like it to be.

Of course. Was just making the point that he has had SOME rest (ie. not playing 1-2 games a week) over the last couple of seasons.

Indeed, but:

"He’s had a break each of the last two seasons during periods of injury."

I'm was refuting the notion that that constitutes rest... Pain, stress, rehab, medicals.

Rest would be tagging an extra couple of week on after your rehab finishes; not rushing back (too early?) so you can be declared fit enough to 'save' Spurs & England.

Something that gets me about the media on Kane is that before the Man Utd game, all they could talk about was "Kane never scores in August", now that he has, all they can talk about is "Kane is looking burnt out".

It's like they're just looking for excuse after excuse to tear him down.

I guarantee that even if he scores a hat-trick on Saturday, by Wednesday they'll have come up with something else to say negative about him.
The English media are always desperate to denigrate our star players. Sterling and Kane are the current batch. Beckham and Rooney were hounded for years. Feisty underdogs are fine, e.g. Maguire, but heaven forbid the country expects great things from you.
It's bizarre. Is it just the English who do it?

The English media are always desperate to denigrate our star players. Sterling and Kane are the current batch. Beckham and Rooney were hounded for years. Feisty underdogs are fine, e.g. Maguire, but heaven forbid the country expects great things from you.
It's bizarre. Is it just the English who do it?

Yes. Every other country hypes and supports their players, but the English media seem to have tall poppy syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom