Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They showed at half time the average positions throughout the first half and amazingly Kane was very deep and Lamela was furthest forward.

Does anyone know what the average positions were before Kane turned shite? - Because the formation we played yesterday should have given him NO excuse to drop as deep as he did

Haha the year he didn't get a premier league goal until the 7th game of the season, you would of had him benched for N'jie after 3 games though no doubt.
Not about just goals it’s about effort and trying to score goals at the very least

Goodnight Ginola92

Like I said I think we played well well tonight and the manager was an 8/10.

Others want to replace half the squad for being shit, slagging off Poch and want the board sacked, but because they arent criticizing Harry Kane, I guess they aren’t worth harassing to you.

Oh well

I thought he was below average this evening.

The commentators were banging on about his hold up play, but that was basic shielding that you’d expect him to pull off. It was his passing and movement that were poor.

I’m not going to criticise him for his missed chance though. He got an excellent touch but couldn’t quite pull off the next step. With the keeper rushing him it wasn’t an easy chance. He seems low on energy and confidence.

Here’s what I see. He got injured and rushed back amazingly quickly. His stats fell off a cliff. He’s been playing mostly a different position since then, deeper behind a quick forward (Son, Sterling, Lucas) who generally doesn’t pass or partner with him well (certainly the last 2).

I don’t think he’s shagged because I see him working bloody hard but I might admit that his touch sometimes looks a bit off.

My own experience of playing a lot of years at a much much lower level matches what an NFL running back said about his career. You start the season fairly fit but the great thing is that you have no knocks. Over the season you get fitter but you just get more and more banged up so you just can’t keep doing the same stuff. I think harry is “fit” but he’s hurt. He’ll keep scoring but he won’t really get back into form until he stops playing long enough to recover from the knocks, at which point I think Poch will stop playing him deep and normal service will be resumed.

Hope he gets a good rest soon.

The rest of the squad need to step it up. But of course most of our squad are in the same boat

I hate to say it but it may not help overall if we run deep in 3 cups this season and also have to support Southgate’s ambitions by providing half the England team.

He was terrible yet again.

It just looks like he never recovered from the ankle injury and maybe he's even suffered from permanent damage due to rushing back.

Out of confidence and physically not up to it right now - his passing, touch and technique are way below what they were and I hope he can turn it around fast.

He was terrible yet again.

It just looks like he never recovered from the ankle injury and maybe he's even suffered from permanent damage due to rushing back.

Out of confidence and physically not up to it right now - his passing, touch and technique are way below what they were and I hope he can turn it around fast.
Hes not at peak Kane but he was far from terrible tonight His hold up and link up play was excellent, but he needs to get himself in shooting position far more often.

Today he played his best game this season but it was still far from what we recognise from him. That was the kind of performance I expected Llorente to give us (decent strength, hold up, win fouls) but not really causing the backline much problem for the opponent.

0 shots on or off target.
0 Ariel Duels.
0 key passes.
15 passes (2nd lowest of any starting player)
Passing up to 80% vs 63%~ past 2 games. However, this only amounts to 2-3 more completed passes.
Touches 26 (2nd Lowest of any starting player)
2 offsides (Last games were 0, so he at least made some runs).

Largely the same numbers for Watford and Liverpool. Hold up play was decent, but other than that didn't impact the game other than his 1 great chance.

Unfortunately not much is changing.

They showed at half time the average positions throughout the first half and amazingly Kane was very deep and Lamela was furthest forward.

Does anyone know what the average positions were before Kane turned shite? - Because the formation we played yesterday should have given him NO excuse to drop as deep as he did
Dele used to play ahead of Kane. I don't think Kane has ever been the furthest forward. I recall similar graphics when Walker was still with us as he or Rose were our furthest forward players.

Lack of movement in this thread is a joke.
People want to defend Kane, but the silence is deafening.

Apparently we’re knackered, but many still wouldn’t rest Kane, the most of out form player in the whole squad.

Work that one out.

Poch is wrong here, and saying he’d be crazy to rest him yesterday is going to hurt us.
Gone are the days of form getting you game time.
He’s gone all Jose “I won’t drop just to show the media who’s in charge” kind of thing.

Really denying my confidence we are going to turn in around at the wk end.
I think we need to drop Kane to give us a fighting chance. Hopefully Poch pretends he’s injured for a bit, like I think he’s doing with Lloris.

What the fuck happened to our philosophy

Lack of movement in this thread is a joke.
People want to defend Kane, but the silence is deafening.

Apparently we’re knackered, but many still wouldn’t rest Kane, the most of out form player in the whole squad.

Work that one out.

Poch is wrong here, and saying he’d be crazy to rest him yesterday is going to hurt us.
Gone are the days of form getting you game time.
He’s gone all Jose “I won’t drop just to show the media who’s in charge” kind of thing.

Really denying my confidence we are going to turn in around at the wk end.
I think we need to drop Kane to give us a fighting chance. Hopefully Poch pretends he’s injured for a bit, like I think he’s doing with Lloris.

What the fuck happened to our philosophy
:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

Looks fatigued. Why not rest him for a few games to regain his sharpness?
what rest will he get ? does he stop training and go on holiday, or is he just rested on match days ?
if we had signed a few players maybe we could have rested Kane for a few more weeks and then allowed different players 2 weeks off at different times in the season

Back
Top Bottom