Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

But only because we watch Kane week in and week out and know his World Cup performances aren't a patch on what he's shown he can do at Spurs. However, give him better service and another couple of years to feel more comfortable as England captain and that'll change.
The narrative should not be that he doesn't deserve the golden boot - it should be that even when not at his best he still manages to win it. The latter sounds far too positive though, doesn't it?

Imagine a South American footballer winning the golden boot in the exact same circumstances. Would their media have the knives out less than a week later or would he be hailed as a national hero?
:kanehand:
But in a few weeks time the same media outlets will be starting their campaign to force a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
If he is so bad, why do they continue to say he needs to go to a big club to win things? Surely to go to these clubs you need to be one of the best players in the world.

The same with Poch.. within the space of a week Durham said he was not a good manager as he hasn’t won anything and a few days later he was linked with the Madrid job so Durham then did all he could to push the move through.. one day he’s no good the next day he should leave Spurs for Madrid.
Thick as shit the lot of them.
Not thick. Cognitive dissonance. Very easy to do when you have an agenda to push (and you know exactly which one I'm referring to).

Wayne Rooney has one solitary goal from his World Cup appearances, but I genuinely believe Kane is getting more scrutiny for winning the golden boot on his first attempt. Funny that.

Wayne Rooney has one solitary goal from his World Cup appearances, but I genuinely believe Kane is getting more scrutiny for winning the golden boot on his first attempt. Funny that.
Club loyalties are winning over national team. If Rooney or Owen or anyone else from manure and liverpoo had scored the same sort of goals and won the golden boot, then there would have been hour long shows dedicated to how amazing each and every penalty was and how Rooney meant that goal that someone else shot and went in off his butt. But if a spurs player wins something, that really gives their hemarroids an itch.

Then again I guess if Wellbeck or some other Arse player had won the golden boot with the kind of goals Kane scored, many here would probably be saying the same sort of crap.

Erm, where are the goals going to come from this time when Harry is out? Sonny again? No predator sharks in the tank. Janssen? Llorente? Are you feckin' kidding me?

Martial would be huge for this area of concern. His versatility being able to play as a forward will be key if we get injuries or suspensions.

Kane, Son & Martial with Lucas Moura being able to play as a support striker when need be will definitely give us enough up top

Quite. Look no further than Lukaku at Belgium for how shit footie journo even-handedness is - Kane beat him to the golden boot despite having almost no service but we sit here with him getting pelters whereas Lukaku was (rightly) praised for his excellent hold-up play against Brazil. Kane was also praised for a similar performance against Sweden until the narrative shifted and became 'well, he didn't score in his last three matches'.

However, Lukaku had chances put on a fucking plate for him by De Bruyne and Hazard and yet couldn't capitalise outside of the group stages. Anyone who doesn't think he gets an easier ride for being a Manchester United player is painfully naive. Kane would have broken records with the same midfield service, of that I have no doubt.

When you boil it down to the purest romanticism though, I think about what an 8 year old kid would think about all of it. Unless I'm mistaken, our Harry is very popular with them and I do think we'll be seeing a few more Spurs fans in the next few years than we would otherwise.

Would today's Harry Kane be the hero of an 8 year old Harry Kane? Absolutely. And that's all that should matter to him.

God-speed to you and your fine post, sir. :adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom