Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It annoys the shit out of me - the express are saying it's a "surprise move" not for the fact that he'd leave Spurs.... They said the surprising thing was that he was supposed to go to Real Madrid....

Why don't they just stfu - he's Spurs, he's signed a bumper contract and he's talking about the forthcoming season and how he thinks we're title contenders.

It annoys the shit out of me - the express are saying it's a "surprise move" not for the fact that he'd leave Spurs.... They said the surprising thing was that he was supposed to go to Real Madrid....

Why don't they just stfu - he's Spurs, he's signed a bumper contract and he's talking about the forthcoming season and how he thinks we're title contenders.
A poll amongst Real Madrid fans 26% want Kane to replace pretty boy! So? Who gives a f#@k the same questioned asked to every major club in Europe and you would get the same verdict! Surprised it’s only 26% thought it be higher? Any roads why the big deal cos it’s Real??? The media and every other outlet hang on everything f@#%ing thing they say have they not a mind of their own the world of football doesn’t revolve around them and what they do! AND NOT EVERYONE SUPPORTS OR EVEN LIKES THEM! they are all that’s wrong with modern football buy everything in sight and don’t even think about COMPETING against us don’t you DARE....f#@k you.

I find it so funny that:

1. Some fuckstick decides to place this bet.
2. A bunch of other fucksticks see that the prices are slashed due to point 1.
3. A bunch of media fucksticks think that this is news.

I hate the fact that the media is working so fucking hard to destroy their own credibility in a when the world needs people to start trusting the main media outlets. Fucking money-grabbing, clickbait cunts.

I have it on very good authority that betting companies will throw out bait when betting markets are slow in order to generate interest. We know that they are itk when deals are due to break, & they use that to drum up interest even if there is no itk.
If some daft bastards want to lump a couple hundred on Kane to United because Ladbrokes have cut the odds, then it’s easy money for Ladbrokes if the market is slow. And the betting exchanges will broadly follow the big gambling companies.
:freund:

People don't seem to realise how little an amount of money it takes to shift the betting lines in regards to transfers and manager sackings.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out some people in the press put down £100 or so to move the betting odds and then make more than that reporting on the "transfer"
Why people gamble is still a mystery to me. Never met a happy gambler in my life, even if they are betting a £1's, the out come is the same, you loose.

Many moons ago the fella who used to sit behind me would bet on everything before a game, drop approx £500 across various bets. His rage during the game was dictated purely on what he had bet on/lost on, if he had money on Dempsey to score the first goal but Lennon or Bale scored it, he would do his nut, not even celebrate the goal but lose his shit at Dempsey for scoring it. Last minute winner/equaliser, if that meant his score prediction was blown, then yep, he would lose his shit again.

Why people gamble is still a mystery to me. Never met a happy gambler in my life, even if they are betting a £1's, the out come is the same, you loose.

Many moons ago the fella who used to sit behind me would bet on everything before a game, drop approx £500 across various bets. His rage during the game was dictated purely on what he had bet on/lost on, if he had money on Dempsey to score the first goal but Lennon or Bale scored it, he would do his nut, not even celebrate the goal but lose his shit at Dempsey for scoring it. Last minute winner/equaliser, if that meant his score prediction was blown, then yep, he would lose his shit again.

Gamblers are illogical people who only see the upside , Tottenham 2 Woolwich 1 Son to score first returns £280 - on a £10 bet , they see it as a quick way to wine £280 rather than an almost sure fire way to lose a tenner, the probability they give you is 28-1 the real probability is probably 50-1 , no matter how many tenners they lose they'll keep chasing the carrot , when they do eventually get one right they'll tell the world they won big and will be oblivious to their overall loss , I worked in the cab trade for many years and gamblers seem to be many amongst cabbies , they all share one trait they only ever tell you about the times they win.

I only ever gamble what I'm comfortable losing. If I'm particularly plush this week I don't mind £20, likewise if I'm skint I won't bet. Always have to look at it as though you are just spending the money you bet, and won't see a return. When you do win it's a nice little bonus for the weekend.

I only ever gamble what I'm comfortable losing. If I'm particularly plush this week I don't mind £20, likewise if I'm skint I won't bet. Always have to look at it as though you are just spending the money you bet, and won't see a return. When you do win it's a nice little bonus for the weekend.
It's the fact of spending £20 on something that you can't touch, feel, see, taste, own or take home with you that I can't get my head around. Might as well give it to a passing stranger.

My dad was a gambler (on the horses), and I remember him coming home one afternoon around Christmas time with a bottle of whiskey from his bookie. I was about 10/11 and asked him what he had bought him. Before he could answer, my mum said, quick as a flash, his house, his car, his wife's fur coat, etc. Nothing wrong with a little flutter here and there, but it's all about being keeping it under control. I know too many people whose lives are ruined by this addiction.

My dad was a gambler (on the horses), and I remember him coming home one afternoon around Christmas time with a bottle of whiskey from his bookie. I was about 10/11 and asked him what he had bought him. Before he could answer, my mum said, quick as a flash, his house, his car, his wife's fur coat, etc. Nothing wrong with a little flutter here and there, but it's all about being keeping it under control. I know too many people whose lives are ruined by this addiction.
I'm laughing at your mums comment, not peoples addictions :)
A mate of mine sold his flat in Tottenham to became a professional gambler with the money he had made on it(it was ex council).He blew the lot!
I have known him to be up 13grand on a Saturday afternoon,only to have blown it all by Sunday evening.He is quite good with the horses, but as your mum pointed out, the bookie always wins in the end.

10/11? What's that in decimal odds? I don't fancy your chances against those horses mind.

Last edited:

It’s a terrible vice. The way it has been normalised over the last decade is disgraceful. Like you, I know a few people who have ruined their lives because of it.

When I was younger it was always seen as a bit seedy. Now you have adverts of young people laughing and smiling as they promote something that can spin out of control very quickly.

It’s a terrible vice. The way it has been normalised over the last decade is disgraceful. Like you, I know a few people who have ruined their lives because of it.

When I was younger it was always seen as a bit seedy. Now you have adverts of young people laughing and smiling as they promote something that can spin out of control very quickly.
Here in Denmark it's absolutely insane. It's gone way over line and they market it as if it's some sort of passive income any person can get

Really? Hmm, too soon for me.
There are "no life" people with their own books, shows, podcasts and blogs etc.

Talent wise he's as good as or better than many players who have won things (purely by being in richer teams) so I don't think it's too soon as I presume you mean soon as we haven't won anything yet?
Or do you just mean too young? Enough has happened to hear about imo.

I want to listen to what the best striker in the world has to say.

There are "no life" people with their own books, shows, podcasts and blogs etc.

Talent wise he's as good as or better than many players who have won things (purely by being in richer teams) so I don't think it's too soon as I presume you mean soon as we haven't won anything yet?
Or do you just mean too young? Enough has happened to hear about imo.

I want to listen to what the best striker in the world has to say.

Fair enough, just giving an opinion. Not that bothered really.

Back
Top Bottom