Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stick Kane gets is an absolute joke. I haven't heard a bad thing about Giroud, Lewandowski, Muller or even Walker for choosing to diving head the ball when he should have stayed big and not let Perisic get his foot higher than his nut was when stooping unnecessarily. Haven't a thing about how our vice captain Henderson kept giving the ball back to Croatia with a lump away every chance possible or any criticsm aimed towards the tactics used against both Colombia and Croatia defending a 1-0 lead with half hour to get by just so we can scrape our way through. All I've heard is was Kane fit and could he have done more even when he was largely played out of position, tracking back to do the things the others didn't have the skill set to carry out. The guys equalled Pele's best ever return from a World Cup and people stilll try and find a way to aim digs. One of the reasons we never do well is because we shower with praise one second and ridicule that same person or group of people the next. Fucking imbeciles the lot of them, they never learn.

It goes from patriotism to club loyalties in an instant with fans and well the media, they just stir anything possible to fill airtime or get debates going regardless of the knock on effects.

Big season required from Harry, go beat Clive Allens record my son!
Quite. Look no further than Lukaku at Belgium for how shit footie journo even-handedness is - Kane beat him to the golden boot despite having almost no service but we sit here with him getting pelters whereas Lukaku was (rightly) praised for his excellent hold-up play against Brazil. Kane was also praised for a similar performance against Sweden until the narrative shifted and became 'well, he didn't score in his last three matches'.

However, Lukaku had chances put on a fucking plate for him by De Bruyne and Hazard and yet couldn't capitalise outside of the group stages. Anyone who doesn't think he gets an easier ride for being a Manchester United player is painfully naive. Kane would have broken records with the same midfield service, of that I have no doubt.

When you boil it down to the purest romanticism though, I think about what an 8 year old kid would think about all of it. Unless I'm mistaken, our Harry is very popular with them and I do think we'll be seeing a few more Spurs fans in the next few years than we would otherwise.

Would today's Harry Kane be the hero of an 8 year old Harry Kane? Absolutely. And that's all that should matter to him.

For me the best our and out striker in the world. And yes that includes Mbappe, Mandzukic and Lewondowski.

Give him France or Croatia’s team and he would have scored even more.

37325951_686068515078184_1301276383749603328_n.jpg

He is very good, but kind of agree that the level of hype around him is ott.

I remember when Owen and Rooney had similar early tournaments and were both then fucked by their mid 20's.

Owen was a speed merchant that came through as a young kid. No surprise that his career trajectory went the Wilshere way. Rooney was an early bloomer, very talented, but not very professional. His physique, his lack of professionalism and his early breakthrough made it unsurprising that he'd get old early.

With Kane it is very different. He was not an early bloomer. He's great despite, not because of, how he developed physically in his teens. He is great because of his ambitions and extreme professionalism. He can go further than he has.

He is very good, but kind of agree that the level of hype around him is ott.

I remember when Owen and Rooney had similar early tournaments and were both then fucked by their mid 20's.

I feel his praise has more to do with his achievements at club level and then taking that to the international scene and flourishing all at 19 years of age.

I can't help but feel that modern football and social media makes many fans feel the way they do about anyone who gets praise, especially youngsters. For example, we love and praise Dele Alli and remember his age and we love it when anyone praises him, yet Mbappe has achieved much more than Dele has, yet gets criticised.

I'd be interested to know how people felt about a young R9 coming on the scene for example and how different it would have been if it was modern day. Everyone seems to be a bit more negative these days about anything, especially at club level.

It's highly likely Mbappe blows out early - all explosive youngsters do. Like you say, Owen and Rooney. Even Brazilian Ronaldo with all of his injury problems. But I think he's a great talent. Fearless. That's what I like about youngsters like him, Dele, Rooney. They want to take you on. They know they'll beat you in the end.

He'll have to adapt though. He's shown his speed will have him beat a defender. He's shown to have great finishing and he's shown to be great with a counter attacking team. But he'll need to find another level if he wants to be classified as one of the best. He's a future Ballon d'Or winner, no doubt and he'll probably get that based on goals scored (like Cristiano) as opposed to being the best footballer in the world (like Messi)

Plus I think it's quite cool that at 19, he's donating his 500k from the World Cup to charity.

Last edited:
The state of this, any other country we’d be celebrating Kane, instead our own national broadcaster are digging him out all whilst lording Mbappe...

The state of the BBC is fucking tragic.

The state of this, any other country we’d be celebrating Kane, instead our own national broadcaster are digging him out all whilst lording Mbappe...

The state of the BBC is fucking tragic.

He could also use his loaf to argue that Kane outperformed the likes of Neymar, Cavani, Suarez, Lukaku, Diego Costa, Mbappe, Griezmann & Giroud statistically at this World Cup so it shows how much promise we have got moving forward with his talents.

Jokers!

I knew this would happen with certain sections of the media.. Build up.knock down.
Luckily with Kane, they cant use his social life/indiscretions against him.

Long may the latter continue.

All Harry needs to do is focus on scoring another 120 premier league goals until the next World Cup comes around. Get the World Cup out of his head now maybe prove a point that where he was being played positionally didn't bring out his main qualities and get back to his bread and butter until the next opportunity to play his part on the World stage comes along again

I knew this would happen with certain sections of the media.. Build up.knock down.
Luckily with Kane, they cant use his social life/indiscretions against him.

Long may the latter continue.

But in a few weeks time the same media outlets will be starting their campaign to force a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
If he is so bad, why do they continue to say he needs to go to a big club to win things? Surely to go to these clubs you need to be one of the best players in the world.

The same with Poch.. within the space of a week Durham said he was not a good manager as he hasn’t won anything and a few days later he was linked with the Madrid job so Durham then did all he could to push the move through.. one day he’s no good the next day he should leave Spurs for Madrid.
Thick as shit the lot of them.

But in a few weeks time the same media outlets will be starting their campaign to force a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
If he is so bad, why do they continue to say he needs to go to a big club to win things? Surely to go to these clubs you need to be one of the best players in the world.

The same with Poch.. within the space of a week Durham said he was not a good manager as he hasn’t won anything and a few days later he was linked with the Madrid job so Durham then did all he could to push the move through.. one day he’s no good the next day he should leave Spurs for Madrid.
Thick as shit the lot of them.
I have an irrational hatred of the British media going back years.
F**k em

All Harry needs to do is focus on scoring another 120 premier league goals until the next World Cup comes around. Get the World Cup out of his head now maybe prove a point that where he was being played positionally didn't bring out his main qualities and get back to his bread and butter until the next opportunity to play his part on the World stage comes along again

Even if he were I'm not sure he'd score more than a goal a game

Back
Top Bottom