Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoping he comes good, and it's certainly very very early. But I do think not signing Raya looks more and more like a mistake with him being a better system fit, going to our rivals, and not unreasonable price.
Hindsight is 20:20.

At the time we were after him Brentford wouldn’t budge from £40m.

Gooners could afford to wait as they already had Ramsdale. We needed a new number 1 keeper PDQ.

Hindsight is 20:20.

At the time we were after him Brentford wouldn’t budge from £40m.

Gooners could afford to wait as they already had Ramsdale. We needed a new number 1 keeper PDQ.
Exactly this. Just imagine fanbase meltdown when we go with Austin as 1st keeper for pre-season :D

We need to be patient. Sure, the early signs are a cause for concern but surely half the battle is how Ange and the team manage him over these next few weeks once we are actually locked in.

Until he actually lets two squirm in under is body (and he doesn't need to cover for Dier) no pitchforks will be wielded.

:hugoshock:
When the second Brentford goal went in my immediate thought was bloody hell lloris has been coaching him - replays showed he had absolutely no chance with the deflection

There is definitely a top keeper there - hope he settles and improves with more game time

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat ...I grant you nobody likes Bills....
giphy.gif

If I had it I most certainly would.. so how do Woolwich manage then ??
They don't gave billionaires throwing money around, they just use good scouting and invest properly
How do you work that out. Arteta took over approx 3.5 yrs ago. They have spent 600m.
They have a completely new squad. Xhaka was the last one left from when Arteta arrived, and he left last month. In that time they have paid up contracts of 7 players who they couldn’t shift. The likes of Ozil, Auba, Mustafi etc. not much money come back in from sales . Less than 100m.
Their owners have more money than ours and have decided to spend some of it.
They haven’t signed anyone who everybody else didn’t know about.

How do you work that out. Arteta took over approx 3.5 yrs ago. They have spent 600m.
They have a completely new squad. Xhaka was the last one left from when Arteta arrived, and he left last month. In that time they have paid up contracts of 7 players who they couldn’t shift. The likes of Ozil, Auba, Mustafi etc. not much money come back in from sales . Less than 100m.
Their owners have more money than ours and have decided to spend some of it.
They haven’t signed anyone who everybody else didn’t know about.
Wow..you might want to check that mate...
The owner is not bankrolling this squad overhaul in any way...this is all from the clubs own money.
I hate Woolwich, but this time around the owners are varying the manager and letting edu deal with what's right for the footballing side of things

Spurs fans writing this guy off is the most Spurs thing I've ever seen. They wanted Raya but at £40m he was overpriced so we went for a cheaper alternative who is now shit because of one game and now that Raya is £30m to the goons we've missed out on a world class keeper and it's all Levy's fault. People are so caught up in their agenda against Levy they want this keeper to fail so they can call him out for buying the 'cheaper option'.

Spurs fans writing this guy off is the most Spurs thing I've ever seen. They wanted Raya but at £40m he was overpriced so we went for a cheaper alternative who is now shit because of one game and now that Raya is £30m to the goons we've missed out on a world class keeper and it's all Levy's fault. People are so caught up in their agenda against Levy they want this keeper to fail so they can call him out for buying the 'cheaper option'.
Exactly right.

I don’t think people want him to fail. They just aren’t impressed with him thus far. A sample size of 1 PL game is jumping the gun a bit IMO but that’s the way of the world.

If he does well, the same people will be hailing it as master stroke , another Don Paritici jewel etc

I don’t think people want him to fail. They just aren’t impressed with him thus far. A sample size of 1 PL game is jumping the gun a bit IMO but that’s the way of the world.

If he does well, the same people will be hailing it as master stroke , another Don Paritici jewel etc
It's a fine balance between wanting Spurs to do well and wanting certain players to fail. Every good signing is a manager/DOF signing, every bad signing is down to Levy. It's so boring now and the main reason I stopped posting/reading here. Have some consistency (not you, just people in general).

Back
Top Bottom