Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You too.

I genuinely believe we have bought a dud.

I remember seeing the first half he played in Australia. And I never watch friendlies just happened to glance at the screen. But I became memorised at sir flaps a lot running about in his goal area as crosses came in.

As a goalie you don't need a pre season to learn where to stand for a cross.

It is early doors but it's more hope than evidence that he makes it.

Happy to be proved wrong though.
100% agree. I expect Forster to start by Nov….

Spurs fans want Spurs to buy top-talents - like Brighton does - and develop them. But, unlike the Brighton fans, quite a few Spurs fans want ALL their new players to hit the ground right away and become top-quality players in no time. And god forbid if the concerning player commits some initial errors and mistakes: then he's trash and what not and should be booted out of the club right away :cool:
No/one is saying that. The odd error is fine but he’s shown traits that are worrying - nervous and erratic

It’s nothing to do with “getting behind” a player. It’s not personal against Vicario.

It’s about calling out potential penny pinching in a key area of the field from our ownership.

I distinctly remember you banging this exact drum about us signing Bissouma last summer too.

He rushed out and miss-timed a save once. Don't exaggerate. What I saw was a young, active, enthusiastic and agile sweeper-keeper and good shot stopper. Forget the Red Dwarf Raya he is a goalkeeping midget
No. He ran out a few times for misplaced passes he told his defenders to leave. Another time where he almost gave a penalty away and was lucky to get there. He has cover. Wake up and watch football properly next time. As I say. Your opinion. That's what a forum is for.

So me saying that Vicario needs time, rather than instant judgment makes me a 'Levy in' member (of which there is no such thing).

That ridiculously stupid cunty remark automatically makes anything else you have to say utterly worthless.

MY Opinion. Like it or don't. I don't care.

(P.S Grow a brain).

(P.P.S Don't bother replying unless you want to bow down and apologise for your insignificance)

You've just proved my point for me. You accepting cheap alternatives that need time rather then ready made quality replacements that doesn't makes you completely levy in. Every new player needs time but you get the best you can. Raya was absolutely attainable. Why they are offering Woolwich a lower deal then us is another question.

Ps who the fuck says grown a brain. How does one do that.

PSS lol Don't reply if you don't want to be replied to..off you fuck

Vicario needs to be good to justify the decision not to buy a homegrown keeper that Woolwich think is better than their first choice and is going for a negligible amount more than he did. We certainly haven't managed to reset the market with our courageous refusal to sign a reasonably priced homegrown player. This is hindsight, of course, but not being able to do that deal and then selling Kane makes the board look devoid of ambition.
Spot on.

You've just proved my point for me. You accepting cheap alternatives that need time rather then ready made quality replacements that doesn't makes you completely levy in. Every new player needs time but you get the best you can. Raya was absolutely attainable. Why they are offering Woolwich a lower deal then us is another question.

Ps who the fuck says grown a brain. How does one do that.

PSS lol Don't reply if you don't want to be replied to..off you fuck

Talk sense and then maybe we’ll respect you.

Right now you’re talking pure shite.

Find another sport, football ain’t for you.

P.S Grow a brain.

It's not a fact it's your opinion. You must be part of the levy in crew. Time and time again for years we buy the cheap option
Every team buys unproven options — even City and United — the wealthiest clubs in England.
City bought Alvarez — a 22 year old from River Plate with no European experience.
United have just bought a 20 year old with 1 year and 9 goals in a top league.

We need to be patient. Sure, the early signs are a cause for concern but surely half the battle is how Ange and the team manage him over these next few weeks once we are actually locked in.

Until he actually lets two squirm in under is body (and he doesn't need to cover for Dier) no pitchforks will be wielded.

:hugoshock:

About Rays, I am sure that the asking price for him was 40M , how They got him for that price because they were the only remaining big team for him, after we, Manchester and Chelsea got goalkeepers. We didn’t have the comfort to drag that deal as Brentford know we need 1st choice unlike Ars.

About Rays, I am sure that the asking price for him was 40M , how They got him for that price because they were the only remaining big team for him, after we, Manchester and Chelsea got goalkeepers. We didn’t have the comfort to drag that deal as Brentford know we need 1st choice unlike Ars.
Brentford thought they had us over a barrel and we told them go to fuck themselves, and they got left holding the bag.

I've been more impressed with Levy's tactics this summer than I've been in many years.

A deflection and a pen. Other than that he was fine. I'm not getting the hate. He's barely played and that was his first prem game in a rocking oppo's stadium.

We didn't go for Raya so there's a few folk taking it out on Vic. It doesn't help that he's got that look of a kid who's coked up on sherbert dip dabs. He's young and he's taking over from the former and well-respected Spurs/French captain which adds even more weight of responsibility.

Give the guy some time.

I thought he did OK. Some decent sweeping. Distribution not great.

Back
Top Bottom