Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. You have all sorts of emotions about the club (not saying they’re wrong) but you’re allowing that to interfere with supporting your team. Toxic.
Rubbish, Udogie and VDV were excellent yesterday - well priced signings, at the right age who played really well. This bloke looks a fucking clown, pound shop Pickford.

Fans can be terrible. He’s not looked world class but he’s not looked bad either. Give him time and give him your support - that’s what being a fan is. Goalkeepers need confidence more than any other position and the amount of toxic scepticism here will do nothing for him.

He won’t read a single word of what is written on this forum so you’re right, the ‘toxic skepticism’ (lol) will do nothing. Nothing at all.

Can’t believe the criticism he is getting after just one game! I think a lot of the toxic opinion Vicario is getting because people automatically want to make out there is a problem with him because Levy would not pay over the odds. I’m well pleased we didn’t buy that dwarf Reya We got a far better keeper

He won’t read a single word of what is written on this forum so you’re right, the ‘toxic skepticism’ (lol) will do nothing. Nothing at all.
I’m glad you agree that the toxic negativity on here won’t be representative of match day fans or people in the media. Reading things like he’s a « pound shop Pickford » is ridiculous.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

As others have said, he deserves time and I hope he does come good, but there is no way anyone can genuinely believe he’s been impressive since he’s arrived.
The one position in your team that you can't afford time is your goalkeeper. Maybe he will come good, but how many points will he cost us to get there?
Basically, as usual, we cheaped out. .
What other Big 6 football club would have forgone there first choice in such a manner?

I’m glad you agree that the toxic negativity on here won’t be representative of match day fans or people in the media. Reading things like he’s a « pound shop Pickford » is ridiculous.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
We’ll see. Happily admit I’m wrong and I hope I am but a keeper that looks erratic and nervy is unlikely to settle down IMO

Can’t believe the criticism he is getting after just one game! I think a lot of the toxic opinion Vicario is getting because people automatically want to make out there is a problem with him because Levy would not pay over the odds. I’m well pleased we didn’t buy that dwarf Reya We got a far better keeper
Exactly right.

I also remember the posts being made about how Rayas biggest weakness was his shot stopping when we were in for him. Some people are just unhappy.

It’s nothing to do with “getting behind” a player. It’s not personal against Vicario.

It’s about calling out potential penny pinching in a key area of the field from our ownership.
Brentford were asking for above market value for a goalkeeper with one year left on their contract whose biggest weakness is shot stopping. We know this because Woolwich have subsequently come in at 30m instead of 40m.

Some people want us to spend too much for players who aren’t even that great.

In any case - none of this is Vicario or the teams responsibility so if you support THFC then yes you will not write players off after one game.

The one position in your team that you can't afford time is your goalkeeper. Maybe he will come good, but how many points will he cost us to get there?
Basically, as usual, we cheaped out. .
What other Big 6 football club would have forgone there first choice in such a manner?

Get behind our players. He’s one of ours now.

End of discussion.

Why can't you believe it. His constant rushing out for no reason to create risk where none existed is part of his personality. It's like Hugo all over again. The fact it's his first game should make him more cautious not less. I still think we should try for Raya. Hijack the Woolwich deal.

Brentford were asking for above market value for a goalkeeper with one year left on their contract whose biggest weakness is shot stopping. We know this because Woolwich have subsequently come in at 30m instead of 40m.

Some people want us to spend too much for players who aren’t even that great.

In any case - none of this is Vicario or the teams responsibility so if you support THFC then yes you will not write players off after one game.
Vicario needs to be good to justify the decision not to buy a homegrown keeper that Woolwich think is better than their first choice and is going for a negligible amount more than he did. We certainly haven't managed to reset the market with our courageous refusal to sign a reasonably priced homegrown player. This is hindsight, of course, but not being able to do that deal and then selling Kane makes the board look devoid of ambition.

Vicario needs to be good to justify the decision not to buy a homegrown keeper that Woolwich think is better than their first choice and is going for a negligible amount more than he did. We certainly haven't managed to reset the market with our courageous refusal to sign a reasonably priced homegrown player. This is hindsight, of course, but not being able to do that deal and then selling Kane makes the board look devoid of ambition.
We should've clearly gone the entire pre-season without a starting keeper, negotiating with Brentford until they finally reduce the fee days before the first game of the season, I'm sure you would've loved that.

It’s nothing to do with “getting behind” a player. It’s not personal against Vicario.

It’s about calling out potential penny pinching in a key area of the field from our ownership.

If you listen to Ange it seems he is very much in favour of looking for value in the market and not overpaying for players

While he is here I think we will see plenty of signings at the cheaper value end. Smart scouting and buying players before they explode in price is not a bad thing

Back
Top Bottom