Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The whole team looked nervous for a long time in the first half. Wasn't helped by Romero going off. Debuts at the back. Ref being a muppet. The delay. Was all just a bit manic.

I'm sure there'll be a few nerves on Sat with the first match for many at the Lane but not as many.

They'll all settle down. They'll all get used to each other. Understanding will grow and things will become second nature.

Vic will be ok.

Personally I think he looks erratic and ropey, time will tell I suppose...
Typical Levy, desperate for a defensive rebuild and we buy 1 centre back with potential and a 2nd rate gk from a low level serie A team...nobody is truly surprised any more are they?

We’ll see. Happily admit I’m wrong and I hope I am but a keeper that looks erratic and nervy is unlikely to settle down IMO

To be fair DDG was abysmal early on at United. Looked like a deer in the headlights.

Keepers are not immune to sharp improvement and ironing out their faults. As long as they are brave and their reflexes are good, like any other player they learn to play within their limitations. Vicario doesn't look to be deficient in either trait.

Yes, he looks like the Italian Gomes right now but he's played one competitive game for us.

He was outstanding but, as people keep saying with Vicario, let’s give him a few more games to judge if he’s really good enough to go on and be our midfield lynchpin this year.
Agreed, but looking at him in that game I thought he had all the pomp of a real top draw midfield general, arrogance strength touch, on a level that I haven't seen with us since dembele.

To be fair DDG was abysmal early on at United. Looked like a deer in the headlights.

Keepers are not immune to sharp improvement and ironing out their faults. As long as they are brave and their reflexes are good, like any other player they learn to play within their limitations. Vicario doesn't look to be deficient in either trait.

Yes, he looks like the Italian Gomes right now but he's played one competitive game for us.
One thing I’ll say to this argument, De Gea was 19/20 when he arrived at United.

Vicario is 27 years old. He should be in his prime as a footballer. Is he really going to change his game that much at this stage in his career or improve to a level required? I really don’t think so.

The way some posters are speaking about him you would think we’ve signed some young up and coming kid, which would obviously completely change the argument, but we haven’t.

One thing I’ll say to this argument, De Gea was 19/20 when he arrived at United.

Vicario is 27 years old. He should be in his prime as a footballer. Is he really going to change his game that much at this stage in his career or improve to a level required? I really don’t think so.

The way some posters are speaking about him you would think we’ve signed some young up and coming kid, which would obviously completely change the argument, but we haven’t.

Yeah, I'll give you that.

Still, he's entitled to be given a chance to bed himself in. It's rarely easy for anyone joining a new club, new culture, language, etc.

I'm a bit nervous on him but I will judge him at the end of the season.

Haven’t read up on him but I am shocked by his age. I thought he still needed to grow into his body so was 22 max

Personally I think he looks erratic and ropey, time will tell I suppose...
Typical Levy, desperate for a defensive rebuild and we buy 1 centre back with potential and a 2nd rate gk from a low level serie A team...nobody is truly surprised any more are they?
I remember the good old days when we bought only the best readymade replacements……

…..

….

…/

It' s his first game plz just chill.

Chill Leopard GIF

DDG was crap at the start.

For us I remember Erik T being very dodgy first few games.

Changing leagues can be tricky but if they’re good they will prove it.

Btw even staying in the same league doesn’t guarantee anything. That Chav keeper they let go a free to Goons, Cech. Always looked very solid but then was all over the place at the start when he moved.

Didn’t feel comfortable with him in the goal on Sunday, couple of his behaviours/reactions were kind of weird. On the other hand, his errors didn’t cost us anything, and he looks a bit like a mad man on the pitch - so I feel that even if he do something wrong his mind and confidence should not be affected for too long. I see foundations there, so hopefully it will look only better when it comes to my overall perception

Didn’t feel comfortable with him in the goal on Sunday, couple of his behaviours/reactions were kind of weird. On the other hand, his errors didn’t cost us anything, and he looks a bit like a mad man on the pitch - so I feel that even if he do something wrong his mind and confidence should not be affected for too long. I see foundations there, so hopefully it will look only better when it comes to my overall perception
Ironic that Woolwich have signed Raya on a season long loan with an option to buy. What does Levy do, allocate a maximum fee for a position needed to be filled say £18m max for a keeper.

Hoping he comes good, and it's certainly very very early. But I do think not signing Raya looks more and more like a mistake with him being a better system fit, going to our rivals, and not unreasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom