Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is when you've gone through a lot of qualifying games, only to then come up against a CL drop out. For once it's a benefit to us giving us an opportunity to win a trophy still. A cup is a cup and it can be used to propel us onto better things.

Anyone talking down winning something but want us to finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th :pocheyes:.

Finishing in the top four is an achievement and has some good financial reward, however it's not going to beat the feeling of holding a cup aloft and having a bus parade down the High Street.

The winners list recently...

Sevilla x 3 in a row
Chavs
Atleti
Porto

I wouldn't call those loser teams, all are top 4 sides or there about in their respective leagues.
The Europa League bullshit reared it's head last season. We finished top of our group and were rewarded with Fiorentina and Borussia Dortmund.

Fenerbahce came 2nd and got Lokomotiv Moscow and Braga.

The Europa League bullshit reared it's head last season. We finished top of our group and were rewarded with Fiorentina and Borussia Dortmund.

Fenerbahce came 2nd and got Lokomotiv Moscow and Braga.

This time we've dropped down and got Ghent, swings and roundabouts. Let's give it a go and see how we get on. Liverpool got the final.

I get that you don't like it, but it carries more weight as one of the two European competitions than the old UEFA did as one of three. I'm not denying it has its flaws, but I hate it when we turn our noses up at competitions - we get laughed at when we've won fuck all else in ages.

Yeah couldn't agree more we need to win something, at least then next time they do a timeline on the membership pack we can have us winning a cup, as opposed to when we played at Wembley for the season.....:pochfacepalm:

This time we've dropped down and got Ghent, swings and roundabouts. Let's give it a go and see how we get on. Liverpool got the final.
As I said, I want us to win it, because I like seeing Spurs win football matches. I just hate that UEFA reap the benefits of the abusive brainchild of a corrupt Michel Platini.

I actually reckon we can win it. Only teams I ''fear'' are Roma and United.

We need to develop a winning mentality in the squad winning a trophy will do that. We've got a better chance winning the Europa than the Champions League. Let's get one in the bank and watch us as a club grow even more. The likes of Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Walker all need to get that winning feeling.

Fucking gutted. Have just found out that er indoors has planned a day out to Edinburgh on Thursday (including a maul up Arthur's seat with the badly behaved puppy) & culminating in "a meal in a dog friendly pub" with her cousin who she hasn't seen in over 25 years. Talk about awkward silences...as I'm sat there checking my phone all night for score updates. Will even miss the cunting highlights as we will be heading back on the train to Glenrothes or wherever the nearest train station is. It's supposed to be a mini break, not a fucking ordeal.
:avbshit:

Could you provide photos of all words in bold please.

Many thanks

Yep....cant wait for us to play Leicester, fucking hell.

If they still havent scored a PL goal all year by then, I wonder what will happen in that game

We should be alright, playing them at the lane!
I'm really hoping that we can send em down! Would be such a fitting end to there fairy tale, and it's only right we are the team to put the final nail in there coffin, as if it wasn't for all there voodoo magic last year we would be the PL champions........:dembelefingers:
(I know we came third but really believe we would have won if it weren't for them cunts)

We should be alright, playing them at the lane!
I'm really hoping that we can send em down! Would be such a fitting end to there fairy tale, and it's only right we are the team to put the final nail in there coffin, as if it wasn't for all there voodoo magic last year we would be the PL champions........:dembelefingers:
(I know we came third but really believe we would have won if it weren't for them cunts)

It's not at The Lane, it's in the Crisp Bowl.

Fuck the FA cup. Leave it to our B team (a team Onomah will never get in).

We should field a strong side in Europe though. The fans deserve European nights.

Still think we will beat Fulham and have the chance to rest a few players, plus if we get a result in Gent on Thursday we will be able to afford to rest the majorty of players for the home leg, no reason we can't win the FA cup, all about seeing who we would get in the next round, but agree that Europe should take priority, but all depends on the draw.........

Still think we will beat Fulham and have the chance to rest a few players, plus if we get a result in Gent on Thursday we will be able to afford to rest the majorty of players for the home leg, no reason we can't win the FA cup, all about seeing who we would get in the next round, but agree that Europe should take priority, but all depends on the draw.........

Same could be said for the FA Cup draw, we're by no means the favourites to win it. Still some big sides in there.

Back
Top Bottom