Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree all you want, if you think they deserve a rest after yesterday

It's not about whether they deserve a rest. Punishing them by running them into the ground and then at the end of the season have an exhausted team isn't helping anyone.

Run them into the ground trying to win a cup.....oh the shame.

I would rather we took the FA cup seriously. The European Micky Mouse League we can do without.

Or do you think the title is still on

No.

It's not about whether they deserve a rest. Punishing them by running them into the ground and then at the end of the season have an exhausted team isn't helping anyone.

Running them into the ground?
They played for 90 minutes on Saturday. The next game is on Thursday.

We can take both cups seriously without running anyone into the ground

Running them into the ground?
They played for 90 minutes on Saturday. The next game is on Thursday.

We can take both cups seriously without running anyone into the ground
And then again our best team against Fulham? And then the return leg vs Gent as well? Also, it's nice that we don't play until Thursday, but over a season these matches do add up.

By the time we play Stoke, we have played 4 matches since they last played a game! Some common sense is needed.

And then again our best team against Fulham? And then the return leg vs Gent as well?

By the time we play Stoke, we have played 4 matches since they last played a game! Some common sense is needed.

We disagree on the teams for each game so while your point makes sense for you, mine makes sense for me...
I see your point based on your cup preference

Fair enough, I can understand your point if you truly take the EL seriously, I just don't rate it myself, at all.

Id take both but Id happily win another European trophy against the likes of Roma, Ajax and Lyon etc, than beat Villa, Wycombe and Fulham to go to a final in a stadium we will play 19 home games in next season, and maybe play one PL team to win it.

Yeah let's run our team into the ground in a meaningless match, good idea!
Why is it meaningless? We used to take the forerunner of the competition seriously. It's two thirds of our bag in Europe. When did we get so picky? I think it's this attitude that's led to our meagre trophy haul in the last 20-30 years. We used to try to win everything we were in.

Why is it meaningless? We used to take the forerunner of the competition seriously. It's two thirds of our bag in Europe. When did we get so picky? I think it's this attitude that's led to our meagre trophy haul in the last 20-30 years. We used to try to win everything we were in.
Can't compare the current Europa League with what the UEFA cup used to be imo. The whole set-up has changed. It has become a lesser trophy imo, at the expense of making the CL/Europacup1 a bigger one.

Can't compare the current Europa League with what the UEFA cup used to be imo. The whole set-up has changed. It has become a lesser trophy imo, at the expense of making the CL/Europacup1 a bigger one.

Yes, I think you're right. I'd still like to see us take it seriously though. If the only competition we are going to try to win is the league, I don't see too many open top bus rides in the future.

Play a beat strongest side, get the tie won in the first leg.

-------------------Lloris----------------
-----Alderwiereld--Wimmer-------
Walker----------------------------Rose
-------------Winks----Wanyama-----
Son---------------Alli-------------Eriksen
--------------------Kane-------------------

Get a 2-3 goal lead and get Kane, Alli and Eriksen off. Hopefully get Janssen some time and a goal!

Save Dembele for Fulham game, he'll love a return there.

I would definitely rest Kane, Alli, Alderweireld and possibly Walker for this one.

It's a tough call being as the next game we have after this is Fulham, I would expect to see a fairly strong team against Gent, get the result and then play against Fulham with the players we have rested (walker, Kane, dembele) and if all goes well we will have 0-3 lead to take to Wembley so we can give majorty players a rest for the final game at Wembley......

Yes, I think you're right. I'd still like to see us take it seriously though. If the only competition we are going to try to win is the league, I don't see too many open top bus rides in the future.
I would rather take the FA-cup seriously to be honest. Shorter road to the final, no Thursday night stuff which is always annoying, no Asian teams to play who are supposedly part of Europe... Yes, the FA cup is not what it used to be either, but the EL is just such an awful competition in so many ways. UEFA have some serious rethinking to do imo.

Play a beat strongest side, get the tie won in the first leg.

-------------------Lloris----------------
-----Alderwiereld--Wimmer-------
Walker----------------------------Rose
-------------Winks----Wanyama-----
Son---------------Alli-------------Eriksen
--------------------Kane-------------------

Get a 2-3 goal lead and get Kane, Alli and Eriksen off. Hopefully get Janssen some time and a goal!

Save Dembele for Fulham game, he'll love a return there.

Rose is out for this one I'm sure?

Back
Top Bottom