Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely. Enjoy the result but this weekend is massive, with Citeh, Woolwich, chavs & Yanited all facing off amongst themselves. We can either narrow the gap above, or widen the gap below if we see to business at our end. Or both. Just need to put our game to bed with a good win.
Please don’t fuck it up lads. There’s a good feeling milling round after last night & we were perhaps looking more at that game rather than focussing properly on Spam & Yanited. If so, the players have acquitted themselves. But it’s done & dusted now. No excuses against a very poor Palace team.
Agree but this I doubt will be a walk in the park. They bossed Chelsea and were all over West Ham in the 2nd half last week. Since Roy has been in charge he's slowly getting to grips with this team. They have a lot of ground to recover and I'm not sure they can survive but they are a better side than West Ham and Everton right now, apart from Citeh I don't think they have been dry humped (including when deBoer was in charge, I think the Man U game score line flattered Man U) they aren't as poor as their position suggests is what I'm saying.

Agree but this I doubt will be a walk in the park. They bossed Chelsea and were all over West Ham in the 2nd half last week. Since Roy has been in charge he's slowly getting to grips with this team. They have a lot of ground to recover and I'm not sure they can survive but they are a better side than West Ham and Everton right now, apart from Citeh I don't think they have been dry humped (including when deBoer was in charge, I think the Man U game score line flattered Man U) they aren't as poor as their position suggests is what I'm saying.
Roy may be lousy with teams wanting to win trophies, but he's got a great record with teams avoiding relegation. Fulham in the final of EUFA cup a few years ago. Forget Iceland, completely irrelevant. They'll be organised and hard to break down.

Agreed. We must be respectful and professional with Palace (or any team). If we take this lightly they will take us to the sword. And inch given is a mile lost.

Go in, do the job.

Absolutely. Enjoy the result but this weekend is massive, with Citeh, Woolwich, chavs & Yanited all facing off amongst themselves. We can either narrow the gap above, or widen the gap below if we see to business at our end. Or both. Just need to put our game to bed with a good win.
Please don’t fuck it up lads. There’s a good feeling milling round after last night & we were perhaps looking more at that game rather than focussing properly on Spam & Yanited. If so, the players have acquitted themselves. But it’s done & dusted now. No excuses against a very poor Palace team.

With a very poor manager although he did somewhat redeem himself against Spam last week

Comfortable 3-0 win

Coco on bench?

I think Zaha will play as a striker, so Sanchez’s pace will be needed. Aurier and Rose at full backs. I think we need Dembeles strength and ball retention in the middle as well.

Son is a player who’s brilliant at Wembley, his pace stretches opposition.

- Vorm -
- Sanchez Dier Vertonghen -
- Aurier Eriksen Dembele Dele Rose
- Son Kane -

I know I posted a different line up earlier, but I think this is better suited against a Palace team who will sit deep and play on the counter.

We take this lightly at our peril...
Palace are not Real Madrid... but if we treat them with contempt we WILL be punished.

Go all out to win... and win we will...
Assume the win is already in the bag, and we'll come unstuck... and the media will have a field day.

DON'T let that happen Spurs!I

Be up for it, treat them seriously for the full match is what we need to do.
As said more eloquently by a few already.

All those performance and i still fear this games. Zaha is really good on his day.
For me it would be
Vorm
Sanchez Dier Vert
Aurier Eriksen Winks Dele Rose
Son
Llorente
Everyone of you put Kane on the lineup, but we all know he is forcing himself to be fit for Madrid. It's not because its Palace, its just because he needs to. He will not rest in the international break.
We just need those few squad players to step up.
After Tripps and Davies performance, lets see how the other FB reacts.
I think Winks needs to be subs around 60' for Dembele. And Kane for Llorente or Son on around 70'. Lamela for Dele on around 85' just to nutmeg Townsend.

I really like Zaha, hope we land him instead of Barkley in Jan

I think it's easier to see what Zaha might bring to our team than it is of Barkley but one would cost upwards of 40 million and the other 20 or less.

I would be staggered if Barkley does not come to us now but with Pochettino you never quite know.

He seems to gauge players' reaction to disappontment with a keen interest - see lack of return bid for Berahino as evidence.

Zaha is desperate for a move to us so will not want to piss the fans off. I rate him immensely but the rest of the team are dogshit.
With the unbelievable belief around the players at the moment this should be a comfortable win.

I'm just a bit concerned about the Wembley hoodoo though.:dembelelol:

Zaha is desperate for a move to us so will not want to piss the fans off. I rate him immensely but the rest of the team are dogshit.
With the unbelievable belief around the players at the moment this should be a comfortable win.

I'm just a bit concerned about the Wembley hoodoo though.:dembelelol:
To quote Peter Griffin, "don't get penisy, kid".

We can't afford growing arrogant. Palace trounced Chelsea. If we grow too big for our britches they will pull them down around our ankles.

Approach this game professionally and seriously. Don't go rolling the ball around like twats like against West Ham last week.

Play with class and play to win

To quote Peter Griffin, "don't get penisy, kid".

We can't afford growing arrogant. Palace trounced Chelsea. If we grow too big for our britches they will pull them down around our ankles.

Approach this game professionally and seriously. Don't go rolling the ball around like twats like against West Ham last week.

Play with class and play to win

so me jokingly saying we should win comfortably on a forum is going to impact on the players or the result?:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom