Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent rotation for this one.

-------------------------Vorm-----------------------------
---------Foyth-----Sanchez-----Vertonghen--------
Aurier----------Dier----------Dembele---------Rose
------------------Son-----------Eriksen-----------------
-------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Be nice to see Lamela make the bench.

Last edited:
I’d rather not see Dier trying to be agile when dealing with Zaha and his zig zag running. Hopefully, we’ve enough confidence in Foyth to put him in for a start.

This one is just set up for us to mess up following the midweek result. We gotta prove that we can be professional and focused enough to shake off the CL and get back to normal business and get the job done against a team that we should be beating. It's all good beating RM in a one off game, but it's consistency that makes a season, not one wild night.

Woolwich v City and United v Chelsea this weekend, so 3 points will be vital for either closing the gap to the top 2 or extending it from 3rd and 4th.
Hoping that we turn up with fire in our bellies and dish them out a whalloping.

He should be reminding them of the 3 points lost in the title battle at Old Trafford instead of waxing about tonight's result. It's done now, be professional and let's get our title challenge back on track!
Absolutely. Enjoy the result but this weekend is massive, with Citeh, Woolwich, chavs & Yanited all facing off amongst themselves. We can either narrow the gap above, or widen the gap below if we see to business at our end. Or both. Just need to put our game to bed with a good win.
Please don’t fuck it up lads. There’s a good feeling milling round after last night & we were perhaps looking more at that game rather than focussing properly on Spam & Yanited. If so, the players have acquitted themselves. But it’s done & dusted now. No excuses against a very poor Palace team.

This one is just set up for us to mess up following the midweek result. We gotta prove that we can be professional and focused enough to shake off the CL and get back to normal business and get the job done against a team that we should be beating. It's all good beating RM in a one off game, but it's consistency that makes a season, not one wild night.
Wild nights are pretty fucking special though...

I guess we'll revert to four at the back. I'd be interested to see a 4-3-2-1

Lloris,
Aurier, Sanches, Vert, Rose,
Winks, Dier, Dele,
Eriksen, Son,
Kane

I think we've seen that Poch will try and play three at the back if at all possible and if personnel he trusts are available. So i would expect Davies at LCB before we see 4 at the back.

I think we should make some rotations for this game. My team would be:

------------------------Lloris
------------Foyth---Davinson---Vertonghen
Aurier---------Winks-------Dembele-------------Rose
------------Alli--------Kane--------Son

We should win this game and take advantage of the games between Chelsea and United, and City and Woolwich this weekend.

COYS!

Professional performance please. I remember beating Inter Milan at WHL only to go and lose to Bolton a few days later.

Vorm
Sanchez - Dier - Vertonghen
Aurier - Eriksen - Winks - Dele - Rose
Son
Kane​

The reaction of the team after yesterday fills me with confidence. No over the top celebrations, players and manager alike were talking about building on this.

Business as usual I think. 3-0 Spurs.

Professional performance please. I remember beating Inter Milan at WHL only to go and lose to Bolton a few days later.

Vorm
Sanchez - Dier - Vertonghen
Aurier - Eriksen - Winks - Dele - Rose
Son
Kane​
The squad is much better & the mindset seems entirely different. But it’s football. This shit Palace side beat the chavs & ruined my football survivor chances. No fucking about thanks.

I'd want a similar lineup to the dippers match with Dele and Winks in the middle. I think Zaha might cause a small trouble down the line so I would also start Aurier for this

Hugo
Sanchez Dier SuperJan
Aurier Winks Dele Davies
Son Eriksen
Kane

Players will inevitably be knackered after a performance like last night with the intense pressing etc.Very glad it's on the Sunday not the Saturday. This will be a hard game. Early goal please otherwise it's going to be a real fight. As others have said, the true test of a great side is not the one off results but getting those AND then winning this sort of game a few days later.

Agree this is just the sort of Banana skin that trips us up. Complacancy and just keeping possession will not do. Palace will defend better than Madrid and not leave those gaps.

Agree this is just the sort of Banana skin that trips us up. Complacancy and just keeping possession will not do. Palace will defend better than Madrid and not leave those gaps.

The sort of banana skin that USED to trip us up.. The mentality of this side has changed dramatically this season as last night showed.
Yes of course it's possible but I'd be absolutely amazed if we don't run out comfortable Winners against Palace.

Back
Top Bottom