Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard earned win, especially given the fact that we had a re-jigged side, Winks out early and still four to come back. I thought that Dembele made a difference, Son as wasteful and as brilliant in the space of twenty minutes, and Harry looking tired.

I really hope that Harry and Winks are out of the International games and that they all are back fighting fit to face those cunts at Woolwich.

That was quietly one of the best wins we'll probably have this season. To scrap a 1-0 win after that huge, draining win against RM, with over half our team injured or knicked up, was enormous.

Got to the break off a win, hopefully almost nobody on the squad plays in any of the friendlies and we can be ready to give the dick to Woolwich, who were let off quite a bit by City and still gave up three (sounds like the RM game).

Good to hear. Radio report mentioned "steel poles" and employed dramatic terminology... #Dontbelievethehype

Well it was maybe a bit more than pushing and shoving but nothing to write home about. Some Palace fans tried to get in the Blue check Bar but couldn't so they tried to charge it and then a few came out of the bar and a bit of a to-do took place.
But Trump had already tweeted that this WASN'T an act of Terrrorrr, so rest easy people!

All round the performance was ok considering the players we were missing. We got the win and we go into the international break in good form.

After the break we should have a near fully fit squad for the NLD.

any win will do after arguably the greatest result in the club's history

Nothing about yesterday surprised me. Could easily have been 1-1, 0-1, 0-0, 2-0 on the break.

Typical Roy team. Well organised, compact, difficult to break down, quick on the break, creating chances...

Zaha such a good player. Terrific powerful runner. Deceptively quick. Left Rose for dead towards the end. Really poor finish and some poor final balls, otherwise he'd have been the match winner and MOTM.

Very glad to get this one out of the way, and before Benteke fit. No way will that lot go down, they are WAY better than Spam and Swansea, probably West Brom and Stoke too.

Of our victories this season this was the worst performance and arguably a worse performance than some of the defeats. Relief we won was my overriding thoughts at the end. It could so easily been a different result.
Aurier twice nearly cost us dear with very poor passes. Sissoko was poor last season and was left out for a long time and I think this may happen to Aurier. Poch is ruthless and if someone is not performing they do not play. That does not mean there is no way back as Sissoko has found. I do expect for the next few months he will be second choice to Trippier.
I still cannot believe Sissoko has become an established International with a top nation with such poor control. He overcomes this sometimes by quickly getting back the ball but is so frustrating to watch.
Gazzaniga played exceptionally well and maybe the future but for now I really hope he does not have to play in the NLD.
Son should have scored a second but his miss was no worse than the Palace miss when the GK was rounded.
As to Zaha I have mixed feelings. He looked dangerous and yet whilst relieved there was no end result that could be a worry if he played for us. I really do not see enough of him to say whether we should renew our interest.

From yesterday’s outing, Zaha would be decent if he could (a) stay on his feet and (b) shoot accurately. Not impressed.

But maybe, maybe Poch could turn him into a player.

Having said that, Son was fucking toilet and he won us the game, so what do I know?

As you were.

At the risk of being a bit precious......my youngest and I watched the game the other day, and she pulled out her markers during the second half:

E7czP0s.jpg

It's genius right? Look at Gazzaniga fucking bossing his area like a champ and pulling off the quick foot save.

That's my girl.

COYS

P.S. - I have way more hair than pictured their on the left. Forehead's about right tho.....

P.S.S. - she doesn't understand about red yet, she's only 6

At the risk of being a bit precious......my youngest and I watched the game the other day, and she pulled out her markers during the second half:

E7czP0s.jpg

It's genius right? Look at Gazzaniga fucking bossing his area like a champ and pulling off the quick foot save.

That's my girl.

COYS

P.S. - I have way more hair than pictured their on the left. Forehead's about right tho.....

Why are two of the players depicted with coloured in faces?? Sissoko and Aurier??:dembele:

Junior BNP dammit! ;)

E7czP0s.jpg

That's my girl.

COYS

The girl's obviously got talent!

Back
Top Bottom