For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After a lot of thinking since the result, I think it's best if we give Poch until Christmas to fix things, if things are the same and nothing has changed then I think we should start looking for a new manager as much as that pains me to say it.

Nobody is irreplaceable and I think that we have a talented enough group to be getting back on track by Xmas, if Poch isn't capable of that then I truly believe the players aren't playing for him because we certainly have the ability and talent in this squad to be winning matches like the Leicester game.

Maybe it's just a case of seeing the same boss for so many years, hanging off his every word and nothing coming to fruition, players have maybe lost faith in him and his tactical decisions and the way he has handled certain situations etc.

I don't know, there are a lot of variables, I don't think it's all one thing, Levy even has his share of the blame for the two windows prior to this imo.

But the reality is, regardless of all of the circumstances, this team is better than what we are currently seeing and it's Pochs job to fix it, if he can't then we have to find someone who can.

After a lot of thinking since the result, I think it's best if we give Poch until Christmas to fix things, if things are the same and nothing has changed then I think we should start looking for a new manager as much as that pains me to say it.

Nobody is irreplaceable and I think that we have a talented enough group to be getting back on track by Xmas, if Poch isn't capable of that then I truly believe the players aren't playing for him because we certainly have the ability and talent in this squad to be winning matches like the Leicester game.

Maybe it's just a case of seeing the same boss for so many years, hanging off his every word and nothing coming to fruition, players have maybe lost faith in him and his tactical decisions and the way he has handled certain situations etc.

I don't know, there are a lot of variables, I don't think it's all one thing, Levy even has his share of the blame for the two windows prior to this imo.

But the reality is, regardless of all of the circumstances, this team is better than what we are currently seeing and it's Pochs job to fix it, if he can't then we have to find someone who can.
I'd also like to give him until Christmas. Gives him half a season and the group stage of the CL to prove a point.

If we absolutely tank in the league we might have to see some action taken before Christmas, but ideally he'd get until then. Maybe a bit before hand so a replacement could get the shot at any January signings needed.

I'd also like to give him until Christmas. Gives him half a season and the group stage of the CL to prove a point.

If we absolutely tank in the league we might have to see some action taken before Christmas, but ideally he'd get until then. Maybe a bit before hand so a replacement could get the shot at any January signings needed.

has to be the wise choice... changing now would be a disaster... We need to back Poch and then review in December. Three months should be enough to see how the new players settle in and whether we look like regaining previous form. If not, some serious questions will need answering. I'm sure Daniel will be aware of this and know exactly who is available... Less than ideal for everyone invloved

Eriksen said he wants a new challenge. Nothing to do with the manager. Jan I don't know but he's had those sissy fits when AVB was the manager. Toby likely wants a big hefty wage.
Walker didn't want to leave because of the manager lol, what the fuck you talking about? Same with Trippier, he said he didn't want to leave at all.

Yeah right:
"He said his door was always open and I thought it was a private meeting we had. So I kept quiet but then he went and wrote about it... or his version of it.

"If he was going to do that he might as well have called a press conference and told everyone. He told one side of the story, but it's a side of a story I don't agree with.

"He said he had a witness in there, but he didn't tell the correct story, no way. Up until now I have never said my part. I have stayed quiet and showed a level of respect to Tottenham and I always will.

"The manager gave me my chance to showcase my talent. But people don't know the ins and outs of everything and it is about time I told people what happened from my side.

"I have had a few people calling me a snake and stuff,' he added. "It hurts because I gave everything to that club. And everything I am now I owe to that club. So yes, it hurts when I go back there now, but I guess it's just a part of football.

"I have justified why I wanted to come to Manchester City because I have won trophies and improved. When I first signed I wondered if I had made the right decision.

"Tottenham had finished above Manchester City two years on the bounce and were going places, but because I wasn't playing I needed to go."

Walker

“I spoke to the manager about his plans and I didn’t get a ‘yes’ and I didn’t get a ‘no’ — so you get the impression.
The manager didn’t say he wanted to move me on and I tried to speak to the chairman about it.
“It’s not nice when you know the club want to sell you.
“I heard rumours about them selling me and it’s not nice but it happens and it’s football.
“It’s disappointing. I gave everything for the club and I wanted to stay, I had another couple of years left but everything happens for a reason."
Trippier

I'd say reassess at the end of the season once the new players have returned from injury and had some playing time.

It's clear we've been sliding down the parabola and the CL was just a resonant peak. A glorious one in many ways but still an anomaly. We desperately need to get rid of the deadwood - the guys who couldn't care less about securing a top four place because they wont be here (or may even be with the competition). Eriksen for one has switched off. Pointless playing him if he's not going to bother.

We need to see some of the youngsters being given a run in. Parrott, Skipp, Tanganga, Roles....we have talent ready to challenge the old guard. Use them!

If Poch's still making his crazy decisions, bringing Moura on with 5 mins to go, trying to mould Davinson into a RB during important league games and playing has-beens like Wanyama then by all means start to look elsewhere.

Yeah right:
"He said his door was always open and I thought it was a private meeting we had. So I kept quiet but then he went and wrote about it... or his version of it.

"If he was going to do that he might as well have called a press conference and told everyone. He told one side of the story, but it's a side of a story I don't agree with.

"He said he had a witness in there, but he didn't tell the correct story, no way. Up until now I have never said my part. I have stayed quiet and showed a level of respect to Tottenham and I always will.

"The manager gave me my chance to showcase my talent. But people don't know the ins and outs of everything and it is about time I told people what happened from my side.

"I have had a few people calling me a snake and stuff,' he added. "It hurts because I gave everything to that club. And everything I am now I owe to that club. So yes, it hurts when I go back there now, but I guess it's just a part of football.

"I have justified why I wanted to come to Manchester City because I have won trophies and improved. When I first signed I wondered if I had made the right decision.

"Tottenham had finished above Manchester City two years on the bounce and were going places, but because I wasn't playing I needed to go."

Walker

“I spoke to the manager about his plans and I didn’t get a ‘yes’ and I didn’t get a ‘no’ — so you get the impression.
The manager didn’t say he wanted to move me on and I tried to speak to the chairman about it.
“It’s not nice when you know the club want to sell you.
“I heard rumours about them selling me and it’s not nice but it happens and it’s football.
“It’s disappointing. I gave everything for the club and I wanted to stay, I had another couple of years left but everything happens for a reason."
Trippier
Cheers pal, tossed two quotes, now you the big billy bollocks. For the Walker quote, didn't he actually go to Poch and told him "gaffer I don't wanna be here next season" just before the FA Cup and then he was sat on the bench? Isn't it how it went down? Pretty sure it was. So Poch had nothing to do with his decision to leave, the man simply wanted a different challenge. It fucking happens.

As for Trippier, where's the quote saying he left because Poch was a fucking cunt? He said "I wanted to stay" lol so there you go you got your answer comrade. Neither of them left because of Poch.

You should look into Bielsa's man management if you want brutal situations. When he took over Lille he spent 10 minutes on the training ground and then he got rid of some players without telling them one single word of a reason.

has to be the wise choice... changing now would be a disaster... We need to back Poch and then review in December. Three months should be enough to see how the new players settle in and whether we look like regaining previous form. If not, some serious questions will need answering. I'm sure Daniel will be aware of this and know exactly who is available... Less than ideal for everyone invloved
I'm fairly certain Levy is losing a bit of sleep over it and is keeping track of what options are or could be available. With the investments done in infrastructure and the squad recently it has to be tough decision to potentially let Poch go, and who would replace him if so.

I'm fairly certain Levy is losing a bit of sleep over it and is keeping track of what options are or could be available.

Honestly think hell would freeze over before Levy sacks Pochettino. The Top 4 thing is a canard. Levy will have the finances watertight with or without Champions League qualification.

Cheers pal, tossed two quotes, now you the big billy bollocks. For the Walker quote, didn't he actually go to Poch and told him "gaffer I don't wanna be here next season" just before the FA Cup and then he was sat on the bench? Isn't it how it went down? Pretty sure it was. So Poch had nothing to do with his decision to leave, the man simply wanted a different challenge. It fucking happens.

As for Trippier, where's the quote saying he left because Poch was a fucking cunt? He said "I wanted to stay" lol so there you go you got your answer comrade. Neither of them left because of Poch.

You should look into Bielsa's man management if you want brutal situations. When he took over Lille he spent 10 minutes on the training ground and then he got rid of some players without telling them one single word of a reason.

The quotes have refuted your claim that the managers behaviour had nothing to do with the players leaving.

Who said Trippier called Poch a fucking cunt? Must have the wrong poster

Honestly think hell would freeze over before Levy sacks Pochettino. The Top 4 thing is a canard. Levy will have the finances watertight with or without Champions League qualification.

Despite the myth, Levy wants this club to be succesful.

People need to remember hes a far bigger Spurs fan than Poch ever will be. A lifelong fan.....Poch is doing a job, for which he will earn 90M in a decade. Otherwise he´d be at Real

When you compare resources and see what his achieved rather than having this debate we should be thinking of ways to show support.

Three top three finishes in a row , a champions league final whilst spending far far less than anyone his competing with and even those his daily beating, above Woolwich every year too , 4 different home grounds in that time .

Let's just compare him to all his predecessors and then compare him to his modern day compatriots. There is no comparison. Klopp has over taken him sure but klopp has been fully backed. He got exactly what he wanted and now they're reaping the rewards.

Poch has called for a rebuild, it's been clear the team has been a bit stale and that's getting worse but again he can't control the fact that were unable to shift players, that's been a theme of Levy's tenure , he also has only just got three new players , all of which have been injured. His last signing before that scored a hat trick to get us into the champions league final. And don't come back to me with bollocks about him dropping him for Harry fucking kane. If Poch hadn't played kane everyone led by Durham on talksport would have been ranting about it until their last breath. You play your best players.

I find it amazing that anyone would want him gone, utterly amazing. Sure he makes the odd mistake but here we have a coach who has totally transformed out fortunes,. A man who if he leaves would have the choice of every big club in the world with good reason.

So again I'll ask who do you replace him with when you get your ridiculous wish? Mourhnio? If you think his fucking about with the budget levy sets then you're even more deluded than I already think you are , and that takes some doing. Eddie Howe? Hahahaha, Farke at Norwich? You better bring the excellent director of football and also risk it all on a man who has never managed bug players , is totally untested and won none of the big trophi w you're demanding, Conte ain't coming , naglesmann isn't either, honestly I'm trying to think go people who have outperformed Poch enough for you to wish this upon us and there is nobody except pep but well you know...

What an utterly ridiculous thread.

Not shocking at all but let's paint the real picture here, Poch and Levy are both here for the Benjamin's.

Yet Levy is a lifelong supporter of the club, which is why its one of the most financially stable and valuable in the world than can truly call itself self sufficient.

Some fans dream of some dodgy Russian or Shiek to come in a pay Eriksen 600k a week.

Thats their problem

Yet Levy is a lifelong supporter of the club, which is why its one of the most financially stable and valuable in the world than can truly call itself self sufficient.

Some fans dream of some dodgy Russian or Shiek to come in a pay Eriksen 600k a week.

Thats their problem

I don't agree so much with that, I think he bought Tottenham because it was gettable affordable and had massive potential, history , fanbase and marketability. He's never ran it like a fan his heart has never ruled his head, he bought at a great time and it's been a superb investment for him.

I think if Spurs were on the brink of ruin or a big player with a lot of the potential already tapped he would have looked elsewhere and bought another team.

I'm not anti Levy I'm 7 or 8 out of 10 pro Levy if you want to put a number on it but he doesn't walk on water just because he is a fan and John isn't wrong about everything he posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom