For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you compare resources and see what his achieved rather than having this debate we should be thinking of ways to show support.

Three top three finishes in a row , a champions league final whilst spending far far less than anyone his competing with and even those his daily beating, above Woolwich every year too , 4 different home grounds in that time .

Let's just compare him to all his predecessors and then compare him to his modern day compatriots. There is no comparison. Klopp has over taken him sure but klopp has been fully backed. He got exactly what he wanted and now they're reaping the rewards.

Poch has called for a rebuild, it's been clear the team has been a bit stale and that's getting worse but again he can't control the fact that were unable to shift players, that's been a theme of Levy's tenure , he also has only just got three new players , all of which have been injured. His last signing before that scored a hat trick to get us into the champions league final. And don't come back to me with bollocks about him dropping him for Harry fucking kane. If Poch hadn't played kane everyone led by Durham on talksport would have been ranting about it until their last breath. You play your best players.

I find it amazing that anyone would want him gone, utterly amazing. Sure he makes the odd mistake but here we have a coach who has totally transformed out fortunes,. A man who if he leaves would have the choice of every big club in the world with good reason.

So again I'll ask who do you replace him with when you get your ridiculous wish? Mourhnio? If you think his fucking about with the budget levy sets then you're even more deluded than I already think you are , and that takes some doing. Eddie Howe? Hahahaha, Farke at Norwich? You better bring the excellent director of football and also risk it all on a man who has never managed bug players , is totally untested and won none of the big trophi w you're demanding, Conte ain't coming , naglesmann isn't either, honestly I'm trying to think go people who have outperformed Poch enough for you to wish this upon us and there is nobody except pep but well you know...

What an utterly ridiculous thread.

This

Despite the myth, Levy wants this club to be succesful.

I don't doubt that all.

But he's broadly risk averse. If we're still struggling in December, top 4 will have gone anyway, so he will stand by Pochettino to turn it the net season. It's very difficult for us to know exactly what's been going on behind the scenes, but I *do* think it's fair to surmise that Pochettino has more than enough credit in the bank with Levy, to see him through this season, at a minimum.

The only way I can see him going is if we genuinely implode and are say in 14/15th come December.

Big games coming up.

Despite the myth, Levy wants this club to be succesful.

People need to remember hes a far bigger Spurs fan than Poch ever will be. A lifelong fan.....Poch is doing a job, for which he will earn 90M in a decade. Otherwise he´d be at Real

Depends on what your definition of success is, success to ENIC is turning a profit, to think it's anything to do with passion or wanting to win trophies is inaccurate, profit comes before ambition, if that wasn't the case we would be riddled with debt but winning the league at this point.

Levy isn't a fan, he's a businessman, the whole "Levy is a fan" thing is the biggest lie our supporters tell themselves, he might have an affinity for the club and care about us, not denying that but he isn't a fan in the sense that he would do anything whatsoever to see us have success in the form of trophies, business always will come first.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong, Levy might be the biggest fan in the world, nobody really knows I suppose.

I don't agree so much with that, I think he bought Tottenham because it was gettable affordable and had massive potential, history , fanbase and marketability. He's never ran it like a fan his heart has never ruled his head, he bought at a great time and it's been a superb investment for him.

I think if Spurs were on the brink of ruin or a big player with a lot of the potential already tapped he would have looked elsewhere and bought another team.

I'm not anti Levy I'm 7 or 8 out of 10 pro Levy if you want to put a number on it but he doesn't walk on water just because he is a fan and John isn't wrong about everything he posts.
You’re wrong though because he’s a life long supporter

Pochettino needs time. Okay yes he does.

What we don't definitively know is when he thought the squad had hit its optimum, because I know a few of us sensed it the season before last.

I said all summer other teams were catching up. Leicester the obvious one as well as Wolves, but they are since struggling because of the Europa demands. I did think Everton might be better and they still might but Silva does not impress me.

Let us be clear however that whilst Pochettino definitely deserves the season, unless calamity befalls us, he also has a squad of players that are in the top 5 in terms of quality and experience.

He will one day hark back to not selling Rose although the left back is not one of the main playing offenders, but he can be and needs to be improved upon.

Last edited:
I don't agree so much with that, I think he bought Tottenham because it was gettable affordable and had massive potential, history , fanbase and marketability. He's never ran it like a fan his heart has never ruled his head, he bought at a great time and it's been a superb investment for him.

I think if Spurs were on the brink of ruin or a big player with a lot of the potential already tapped he would have looked elsewhere and bought another team.

I'm not anti Levy I'm 7 or 8 out of 10 pro Levy if you want to put a number on it but he doesn't walk on water just because he is a fan and John isn't wrong about everything he posts.

Great post and I agree with you, even the stadium build was a no brainer.

One thing has to be remembered through all this. The loyalty and faith being shown to Poch is commendable but if it's not reciprocated and an offer comes in then he will walk.
If he genuinely feels he can do no more at the club he will be the first one to recognise that and respond.
Giving him until Christmas is fine, let's also hope he decides to stay that long, it works both ways.

One thing has to be remembered through all this. The loyalty and faith being shown to Poch is commendable but if it's not reciprocated and an offer comes in then he will walk.
If he genuinely feels he can do no more at the club he will be the first one to recognise that and respond.
Giving him until Christmas is fine, let's also hope he decides to stay that long, it works both ways.

You talk like we're in a relegation battle.

And again I want someone to tell me who they would replace him with.

Depends on what your definition of success is, success to ENIC is turning a profit, to think it's anything to do with passion or wanting to win trophies is inaccurate, profit comes before ambition, if that wasn't the case we would be riddled with debt but winning the league at this point.

Levy isn't a fan, he's a businessman, the whole "Levy is a fan" thing is the biggest lie our supporters tell themselves, he might have an affinity for the club and care about us, not denying that but he isn't a fan in the sense that he would do anything whatsoever to see us have success in the form of trophies, business always will come first.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong, Levy might be the biggest fan in the world, nobody really knows I suppose.

Levy is a lifelong fan and that’s a fact so youre actually the one lying here. So what if he’s a businessman.

My definition of success from the owners of a club is keeping it self sufficient after saving it from relegation battles while taking it to the CL in under a decade, building state of the art facilities, always having massive sponsorship deals, having an academy that produces first team players, providing world class players for a fraction of the price other clubs would have to pay for them, being in a position to hold onto to those players through years of speculation and the media trying to sell them, and hiring a manger that should (and did) have them challenging for major honours.

Where they would have failed would have been by moving to Stratford. A move lauded by many fans as next level.

Build a new ground on WHL though and he should fuck off apparently.....weird.

Last edited:
Levy is a lifelong fan and that’s a fact so youre actually the one lying here.

I am not "lying" what I am saying is, whilst he is our owner and in the position he is in, business will always come first.

The lie that our fans tell themselves is that him being a fan means that his goal is for us to win trophies at any cost and that's his goal for us as a priority.

That simply isn't the case, the job comes before the passion with Levy, it always has and always will, he wants us to be a sustainable and profitable business and whilst that's good news for us in the business sense long term, as a modern club it means we will always fall short on the pitch because sustainability and profit margins will always be more important than a risk in the market that could make or break us.

But you’ve disputed that was the decision behind buying us. Of course he wants to make money, just like any Sheik or American football club owner would if they bought us.

But I know who I trust with the clubs future.

Could have been a factor Sammy but let's get real here Levy is a shot caller for ENIC a sports and media investment company that purchased other clubs by the way, I'm sure they were looking at other English clubs and not only Spurs , I'm sure the main reason they bought Spurs when they weighed it all up is because it was a great investment.

I am not "lying" what I am saying is, whilst he is our owner and in the position he is in, business will always come first.

The lie that our fans tell themselves is that him being a fan means that his goal is for us to win trophies at any cost and that's his goal for us.

That simply isn't the case, the job comes before the passion with Levy, it always has and always will.
It would be interesting if a shady Sheik came in and offered twice the market value for the club. I don't doubt that Levy would be reluctant to sell, not wanting to see the club fall into the wrong hands and end what must be a dream job for him, but at the end of the day of course he would sell. It's his job and if he didn't do it properly then someone else would be appointed that would. He's not a monster, just a man doing his job the best he can

He's had enough time. Next...👀
Thick cunt alert,thick cunt alert.....incoming fuckwit....run for cover. Puppetry of the highest order. Knee jerk overreaction again this club doesn't deserve to have absolute cunts like you...fuck now and support someone else. You're not wanted here...jog on prick

Why shouldn’t it?
If business comes first, the club stays healthy.

His business is THFC. I don’t mind it coming before Eriksens wages.
The club might stay healthy but it also means we are risk averse and with that aversion to risk comes little reward.

I am not saying we should do a Man United but we also need to learn when to strike in the market, personally I think we need a DOF, Levy works better with one.

It's about striking a balance between keeping the club healthy but also showing ambition to win things which I don't think Levy handles very well personally.

Back
Top Bottom