For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like watching Jekyll and Hyde. I want the old Poch back to handle these problems... not the present one who seems jaded, negative and (dare I say it) distracted. It's as if he is subconsciously giving up. I just don't feel the squad are feeling any positivity or motivation from his comments or current management.
It's as though he is taking it all very personally with what is happening around him regarding player's contractual situations.
Either he is totally disillusioned and his dreams/project ideals no longer seem as valid or feasible or else he feels he can do no more under the purse string pressure Levy is allegedly putting on him. If it is the latter then he will walk. Above all he's a proud man and the decision to leave will be ultimately his.

Politician's reply, fella....

Does your catalogue of gripes amount to YOU wanting him gone?

Tbh, Yes or No will do. :)

Politician's reply, fella....

Does your catalogue of gripes amount to YOU wanting him gone?

Tbh, Yes or No will do. :)

Politicians reply....love it. I said before that I would make my decision regarding his tenure after the final whistle at Anfield. By that time I reckoned we would have accrued at least 11 points from the games starting with the match against Palace...we have 3 so far with Southampton, Brighton, Watford and Liverpool to go.
I didn't think that an unfair expectation and I'll stand by it. We have 8 points and are currently 7th. If we cannot double that points tally to 16 by the time we have played Liverpool then the answer to your question would be YES.

How will that do for a politicians reply ?? :thumbup:

Posted on another thread.

Poch Current Form.
36 games, 16 wins, 5 draws, 15 losses.

I think that this stat is too flattering.

If we take last 20 for example (which is not very small nor a big sample size) we would have
20 games 7 wins 4 draws and 9 losses
or
25 games 8 wins 5 draws and 12 losses

So we have only won roughly 30% of games, drawn 20% and lost 50% since mid-February (!!!)

If we were in average form we would all be happy to give him time, but we are in relegation form. We have beaten only Palace, Huddersfield, Villa and Brighton, all at home, since February. These are terrifying stats, at any other club the manager would already have been sacked or be under massive pressure.

Having to work with Levy gives Poch a very strong force-field that absorbs most criticism directed at the club, but for someone being paid £8m a year he is not delivering. That run to the CL final has distracted the entire football world and stopped them seeing how bad we actually are. I accept Poch needs time to get us playing champagne football again, but right now we need results, we need clean sheets. Surely a manager on a salary like his can arrange his high-quality players in a way that can deliver basic results?

football styles have evolved over the last 6 years but Poch has not adjusted his game.

We have seen teams like Leicester, Liverpool, City, Ajax dominating games for as long as their fitness can keep up with high tempo pressing and fast movement of the ball. Liverpool and City have mastered the ability to change tempo of the game very quickly.

We see Barca, Madrid, Munich, Spurs, Woolwich, Chelsea all suffer as the play possession football and try to work the ball slowly forward.

The fact is that defenses at lower league teams have become a lot more organised and are able to cope with the slow build.

Our forward play at their best when we are at a high tempo - unfortunately our defense is so disorganised that any turn over of possession and they can't sort themselves out and are a disorganised mess. This is clearly a failure of our defensive coaches.

If we were in average form we would all be happy to give him time, but we are in relegation form. We have beaten only Palace, Huddersfield, Villa and Brighton, all at home, since February. These are terrifying stats, at any other club the manager would already have been sacked or be under massive pressure.
Yeah I'm sure you're right.

form.png

This is the lowest I found Spurs in the form table. And considering this is our worst form in Poch era, we're only 9 points behind Woolwich and 4 behind Man Utd. This season we're 3 behind Woolwich and we're on level with Man Utd. Neither manager was sacked.

Last season was weird. We didn't play well, but we kept winning. Spurs learned to win ugly, they said. When our title challenge was basically over, the wheels fell off. The stadium situation didn't help, the lack of transfer activity didn't help, but most importantly, the players situation didn't help.

I'm wondering, do you genuinely think our form will improve so much under a new manager? Take this in consideration - the same players who want to leave & are out of contract in the summer will be picked. I doubt the next manager will have the power to drop them all and play kids when there's a top 4 qualification at stake.

High intensity play requires a complete buy-in from everyone involved. That buy-in has been missing (with exceptions) since last Christmas. If you look at Klopp and Guardiola and their management cycles, they just move on before the players start to rebel. They understand that they can't manage the same club in the same way for a dynasty because the levels they demand are built for short to medium term success.

Our players are now starting to rebel and he doesn't seem able to come up with a long term solution (a series of "clear-the-air" talks isn't long term). Add to the mix what seems to be a naughty step for certain players and other reasons that he can't control (salary / contract shenanigans), it's no wonder the pressers have been pissy at best.

Big month ahead but if we don't have the new blood bedded in by the end of November then I think it's going to get messy.

I'm wondering, do you genuinely think our form will improve so much under a new manager? Take this in consideration - the same players who want to leave & are out of contract in the summer will be picked. I doubt the next manager will have the power to drop them all and play kids when there's a top 4 qualification at stake.

It depends if they want to leave because of the manager, like Townsend, Janssen, Walker and Trippier did.
Maybe Jan, Toby and Eriksen too?

It depends if they want to leave because of the manager, like Townsend, Janssen, Walker and Trippier did.
Maybe Jan, Toby and Eriksen too?
Eriksen said he wants a new challenge. Nothing to do with the manager. Jan I don't know but he's had those sissy fits when AVB was the manager. Toby likely wants a big hefty wage.
Walker didn't want to leave because of the manager lol, what the fuck you talking about? Same with Trippier, he said he didn't want to leave at all.

Back
Top Bottom