Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He fucking scored you bitches :pochohshit:

f3a3cbe87446b349b9751b5fe1a8457b

A player who hasn't started a game at this level for over a year in being out of place shock.

Fulham's defence is shite but it's Premier League. This isn't lower league opposition in the cup where they just can't cope with the difference in class technically but most importantly in speed of the play.

Right now we are short of options. Pochettino has had plenty of opportunities where he could have brought Llorente on for 15-20 minutes at the end of games and let him maintain some sharpness but he didn't. We're in a desperate situation now which is why we have turned to him and he needs more minutes, not less. Keep him in the team.

A player who hasn't started a game at this level for over a year in being out of place shock.

Fulham's defence is shite but it's Premier League. This isn't lower league opposition in the cup where they just can't cope with the difference in class technically but most importantly in speed of the play.

Right now we are short of options. Pochettino has had plenty of opportunities where he could have brought Llorente on for 15-20 minutes at the end of games and let him maintain some sharpness but he didn't. We're in a desperate situation now which is why we have turned to him and he needs more minutes, not less. Keep him in the team.
I agree with this. He can’t be any fucking worse next match.
Absolutely woeful today. But he’s clearly not match sharp and the odd 15-20 minutes throughout the season may have helped him gain some of that. I do feel sorry for him because he’s won it all and has heaps of experience. He just can’t be expected to have no game time at all, save for some added time minutes, and be expected to play like Kane.
I suppose it’s a bit of a curse having to be Kane’s supporting role. Kane is fit, he plays. But he does pick up quite a few knocks every year and it must be so hard to be expected to slot in and start scoring goals (at the correct end)
But he was fucking awful today.

Absolutely woeful today. But he’s clearly not match sharp and the odd 15-20 minutes throughout the season may have helped him gain some of that. I do feel sorry for him because he’s won it all and has heaps of experience. He just can’t be expected to have no game time at all, save for some added time minutes, and be expected to play like Kane.
I suppose it’s a bit of a curse having to be Kane’s supporting role. Kane is fit, he plays. But he does pick up quite a few knocks every year and it must be so hard to be expected to slot in and start scoring goals (at the correct end)

Pretty much sums it up but Kane does not need to play every single fcuking match.

I hark back to Pochettino bringing the bloke on against Tranmere - simply weird.

We need effective cover for Kane or as I would prefer a second quality striker or the best we can get that might not expect to start all the time. It is rubbish to think there is no one out there between expected starter and average.

Of Llorente, he surprisingly let an unlucky goal derail him but us winning will have helped him.

He won't possibly be as poor next time round.

What exactly does he do in training every day then. Surely fit enough. He is simply rubbish at this or most levels of football. Has to be a free signing out there better since levy won't spend or even if he uses the dembele money to bring someone in and sell him off to claw back some money. I just do not believe this is the best we can get.

Do agree that he needs to be played since we literally have no one else and that he should have played more in games where we were 3 or 4 or even bloody 8 up. Not sure if that would have made much difference. He just isn't good enough.

The ball he missed in the final minutes was inexcusable and has nothing to do with sharpness. It was put on a plate for him 2 yards from goal.

His only use for us is basically a target man and if he can’t do that then what’s his point?

Pretty much sums it up but Kane does not need to play every single fcuking match.

I hark back to Pochettino bringing thr bloke on against Tranmere - simply weird.

We need effective cover for Kane or as I would prefer a second qualitu striker or the best we can get that might not expect to start all the time. It is rubbish to think there is no one out there between expected starter and average.

Of Llorente, he surprisingly let an unlucky goal derail him but us winning will have helped him.

He won't possibly be as poor next time round.
He will definitely be better next game.
The odd thing is, that when we signed him, I genuinely thought he was that second quality striker & the best we could get that might not expect to start all the time. He has a very good career record and is hardly on his last legs as a pro.
He’s either not showing it in training, or Poch has a blind spot when it comes to Kane. The irony is, that whilst Kane is a goal machine & a world class talent, the odd 15-20 minutes rest, even maybe starting him on the bench, may help manage Kane’s ankle issues, whilst keeping Llorente sharp enough to put the ball in at the right end a few times a season. I really hope that game helped him shake off the ring rust and he is up and ready to terrorise the chavs on Thursday.

Absolute shocker - BUT - he still got into position to have scored, and probably should have scored two at the right end for us. Playing that badly and still having two good chances means if he just has a half-decent game against Chelsea he should score ... ring-rusty is a reasonable excuse for today he needs to do better come Thursday

Last edited:
Shocked that the vast majority think llorente is 'shit', useless' or words to that effect.

He won 3 Italian league titles with Juventus and the Europa with Sevilla. Sadly just doesn't seem to be right for our style of play IMO.

There is no excuse of a such poor performance from an experienced striker. He had his chance and didn’t take it.
But he is a decent guy, deserves another chance, he can’t do any worse than today.

And the flip side is we crash out of the cup when he keeps missing headers from three yards out.

Lamela struggles with Dele on the pitch in my honest opinion, so at least that one is sorted.
To be honest, Dier HAS to play now, and the only reason Llorente gets a game is because Son, Dele and Kane are out. Could even play Skipp with Winks and Dier and play Lamela up top.

Personally, I’d give the nod to Kaziah Sterling.

One young hungry unknown quantity vs a old slow out of form predictable veteran who won’t be here next season.

Hardly fits with “the project” in my view

Last edited:
Shocked that the vast majority think llorente is 'shit', useless' or words to that effect.

He won 3 Italian league titles with Juventus and the Europa with Sevilla. Sadly just doesn't seem to be right for our style of play IMO.

Firstly we won.

Unlike last week we converted our chances.

On Llorente he was very poor but you sensed the relief and joy in his celebration when we won.

I would start him against Chelsea and just ask him to give his all. Lamela and maybe Moura if he comes on have to run off him.

We also need his height and experience.

I will say it is not his fault he is at the club or standing-in for Kane.

Look no further than Pochettino to blame there.

And the flip side is we crash out of the cup when he keeps missing headers from three yards out.

Lamela struggles with Dele in the pitch in my honest opinion, so at least that one is sorted.
To be honest, Dier HAS to play now, and the only reason Llorente gets a game is because Son, Dele and Kane are out. Could even play Skipp with Winks and Dier and play Lamela up top.

Personally, I’d give the nod to Kaziah Sterling.

One young hungry unknown quantity vs a old slow out of form predictable veteran who won’t be here next season.

Hardly fits with “the project” in my view

He was nearly as poor as Llorente in my opinion.

Had to be taken off and you could see he had no argument about it.

You make a good point about Alli. Just wish it was an absence through anything but another injury.

He was nearly as poor as Llorente in my opinion.

Had to be taken off and you could see he had no argument about it.

You make a good point about Alli. Just wish it was an absence through anything but another injury.

Lamela was poor....Id still play him ahead of Llorente though
Other than the assist, I dont Eriksen was much better

Back
Top Bottom