Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There has to be some back story to Janssen that we don't know yet.

Threw a VERY good EPL loan deal back in the clubs face. Essentially saying he knows better than those trying to improve him. I'd suspect that alone is enough for Poch....

Threw a VERY good EPL loan deal back in the clubs face. Essentially saying he knows better than those trying to improve him. I'd suspect that alone is enough for Poch....

Who did he reject?

On the subject of Llorente though we have to use him at some point a Spanish international striker is hardly a bad option sat on the bench

There has to be some back story to Janssen that we don't know yet.
A back, front and side story actually.

A tale of binge eating by the look of it

wSlLVra.jpg

Janssen was a Poch signing and he certainly doesn’t trust him!

Well... there’s a difference between the two though.

Janssen was a young kid who had yet to prove himself in this league.

Llorente is a seasoned pro who Poch had a chance to see for the last 10 years or so playing at a high level in La Liga and had more than proved his adaptability at Swansea.

There was an element of gamble with Janssen unlike Llorente, Poch knew what he was getting when he signed Fernando.

Well... there’s a difference between the two though.

Janssen was a young kid who had yet to prove himself in this league.

Llorente is a seasoned pro who Poch had a chance to see for the last 10 years or so playing at a high level in La Liga and had more than proved his adaptability at Swansea.

There was an element of gamble with Janssen unlike Llorente, Poch knew what he was getting when he signed Fernando.

You're right in as much as he's hardly an unknown quantity.

The only thing I can think of is that since arriving he's struggled to reach the minimum fitness levels that Poch demands... (Pure guess-work, mind)

The only thing I can think of is that since arriving he's struggled to reach the minimum fitness levels that Poch demands... (Pure guess-work, mind)

I couldn’t help noticing that last time he came on against ManU he just trotted around with no urgency and then missed a sitter

Bust your fucking gut man!

Another factor is that Poch is a rather dogmatic manager. He doesn't like switching things up unless he absolutely has to it seems. And he is also very loyal to his core 11. Once you are in that group, it seems very hard to be dropped. It usually takes someone having a long layoff because of injury to break into it. Son for Lamela, Sissoko and Winks for Dembele and Wanyama, Trippier and Ben for Rose and Walker etc.

If Llorente impresses during Kane's absence and remains at the club he will most likely be played more

Another factor is that Poch is a rather dogmatic manager. He doesn't like switching things up unless he absolutely has to it seems. And he is also very loyal to his core 11. Once you are in that group, it seems very hard to be dropped. It usually takes someone having a long layoff because of injury to break into it. Son for Lamela, Sissoko and Winks for Dembele and Wanyama, Trippier and Ben for Rose and Walker etc.

If Llorente impresses during Kane's absence and remains at the club he will most likely be played more
Changes the 11 nearly all the time and goes on about how important to show trust to each member of the squad

Some play more than others due to form and actually being more key

But for the most part the 11 changes even for the big matches

Changes the 11 nearly all the time and goes on about how important to show trust to each member of the squad

Some play more than others due to form and actually being more key

But for the most part the 11 changes even for the big matches

Perception issue maybe on my part, but it mostly feels like our changes (at least for league & CL games) have been forced (injury) since for forever now... Even the fabled FB rotation has been irregular ever since Rose was originally injured.

My feeling is we were a lot more settled in terms of system and personnel pre-Walkers departure... IIRC, generally if fit, you knew the first XI & system; be that 343 that last year or 4231 the year before.

I recall "More rotation" being a mantra for some at times.

A number of players could argue they ought have had more time whilst under Poch's watch... Stambouli, N'Jie, Llorente especially. Then again if the lads 'prove' themselves in training we never get to see the winning or failing 'auditions' either way.

Last edited:
Perception issue maybe on my part, but it mostly feels like our changes (at least for league & CL games) have been forced (injury) since for forever now... Even the fabled FB rotation has been irregular ever since Rose was originally injured.

My feeling is we were a lot more settled in terms of system and personnel pre-Walkers departure... IIRC, generally if fit, you knew the first XI & system; be that 343 that last year or 4231 the year before.

I recall "More rotation" being a mantra for some at times.

A number of players could argue they ought have had more time whilst under Poch's watch... Stambouli, N'Jie, Llorente especially. Then again if the lads 'prove' themselves in training so we never get to see the winning or failing 'auditions' either way.
Injuries is also a lot of the reason that many positions haven't been rotated this season

Maybe this season has skewed my view a bit with it being so unsettled.

I just feel bad for him. He's always been a quality striker but we seem to have gotten him just when he passed the hump so to speak and we play a style that doesn't suit him

He was awful.

I hoped if we crossed it he would at least be somewhat of a nuisance and he would hold the ball up

Instead he scored an own goal and lost the ball time and time again.

I hope he discovers old form before Thursday.

Lacks match sharpness and you can tell.

I'd keep giving him some games until Son is back at least - with Dele now out injured, we probably have no choice either.

Back
Top Bottom