Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I hate the kit colour...
There are SO many colours out there to choose from (I realise that away kits have to be every colour under the sun these days, but this isn't even a COLOUR!!)
But from a certain distance, Porro & Richie looked naked in that kit at times today!!

...though I STILL think we should stick to 2 or 3 colour combos MAX for our away kit...
NAVY/WHITE,
ALL YELLOW,
or ALL SKY BLUE.

That's IT!
Go on, hit the disagree button you heathens!
You forgot purple ;)

It's funny when you think about it...
Villa showed us how we shoulda started the game yesterday, and the Arse showed us how we shoulda finished it!

We MUST learn... 'Cos we've paid TWICE now in 24 hours for our result!!

We're not gonna get ANY favours from anyone (and why should we to he fair?)

If we're gonna progress properly, and do this, we're gonna have to do it ALL OURSELVES!

So when we have the ball 30 yards from our own goal you think the opposition isn’t in their defensive shape??? You have to get them to come out and Romero is excellent at it.
Everton were right in our faces yday. They had players running and pressing our defence and midfield. They certainly didn’t let us waltz up to their pen box.

It has been a while since the game and emotions settled a bit... but can't lie - this one still hurts quite a lot.

Not mainly because of the result. It was more about performance.
Though result-wise as well
- we got 1 point from the side that is now winless in 6 games;
- we lost the spot in top4 again;
- we missed a chance to come 3 points closer to leader
- gap with Woolwich widened by 2 points, despite we playing relegation-fighting side and they played title favorites.

We are mentally so weak and fragile it makes me very scared. We only really cared to play when score was equal. In winning position we got lazy and comfortable and never had the game in real control. Across whole 90 minutes, I'd say that despite being ahead until extra minutes, we escaped with a draw instead of giving away the victory.

It is so obvious that this squad CAN play so much better. But most of the times just don't bother to do it. Which is massive red flag.

Same thing happened against Bournemouth when we played very good football for 15 minutes. First half and from 60th minute onwards we just slouched around the field. After City game I said as well- City players were more hungry, they wanted the win more. We mostly play like we would have won the title 9th year in a row and couldn't bother if we win 10th as well or not.

Where is the hunger, where is the passion, where are the balls?
Sure, there are some factors not working in favor of us. Son is away and remains so for while more. Bissouma is away. I think Maddison is still gaining form. But missing 2 players is not some extraordinary feat. It is rather the norm. So Big Ange has lot of work to do before next game. Luckly we have 3 home games coming up, we seem to do better on home-ground.

Luckly we have 3 home games coming up, we seem to do better on home-ground.

Spurs home = 24 points away = 20.

Only City have a smaller gap between home and away points won.

City *24-22 (only played 10 at home)
Liverpool 29-22
Woolwich 29-20
Villa 28-18

Based on that it’s actually our home form that is not as good as the top 3.

Back
Top Bottom