Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not the goal Everton scored at the end that hurt, it that Spurs went up 2-1 and didn't get a third goal. It's year one for Postecoglou. Next year when everyone has a full year of exposure to his approach and there are a couple more attacking minded players on board Spurs will get that third goal.
Yes there is always next year and next season....

It's not the goal Everton scored at the end that hurt, it that Spurs went up 2-1 and didn't get a third goal. It's year one for Postecoglou. Next year when everyone has a full year of exposure to his approach and there are a couple more attacking minded players on board Spurs will get that third goal.
Come on why should going for a third like most teams would and game management be something for next year? We actually did come out good 2nd half and passed the ball much better. However we didn’t get the third and after 20 mins the game went back to how it was in the first half. We couldn’t string passes together, kept playing silly passes at the back and in field. Their equalise in 94th min we have the ball in our half richi loses it after holding on to long then we give the foul away. What I don’t get is why do we never try to play it long into oppo half and then push up and press. However what killed was the intent shown with the skipp and drag subs. We had no creativity left kulu was shite again abd basically we were playing to hold out. Even then they had a great chance which the guy didn’t connect well. We need to learn to control games better and remeber they last 100 mins.

Unlike the Brentford game, where we did get the 3rd, Everton's late goal shoulda just been a consolation...

We scored early (like against Wolves) and conceded SO painfully late (Wolves again) ... Yet in both games we failed to score more than 2 and paid the price...

No, we didn't play well, but how many times to teams play badly and still win...?

Hallmark of Champions innit?
But we're not there yet.... YET!

Werner doesn;t come to the ball, seems to always wait for it to reach him then he's it nicked.
I spotted that and said it as well. Instead of getting between the ball and man his almost behind their player so never gonna get the ball. He did that a few times. It shows a little bit of chickening out as he doesn’t want the pressure of the player on him. Crap either way you look at it.

Really bad goals to concede - v disappointed but we weren’t at it again over the 90.
I thought the reffing was abysmal - Vic was weak on the first goal but seen them chalked off 50/50 but the Godfrey dive and then getting a yellow later really fucks me off.
Where’s the consistency?
Wasn’t 50/50 was 100% a deliberate foul.
Pre meditated foul and premeditated no call from Michael Oliver

He knew about the story around the Ake goal and was expecting Everton to do it as well. He’d already decided to let some of them go.

This is the disgusting culture of premier league football now.

omg Richy wtf are you doing????

Switch it, there.

Just boot to other side of the field ffs
I was saying that at the time. He played well and worked hard but so many times he tries to run with the ball to long. In fact his not the only one. Destiny is great but he has to pass the ball earlier. His young so will learn. But in 94th min with the pressing is all game on our own half don’t try to dribble with the ball. Get it up field. That really cost as the free kick came after that!

I was saying that at the time. He played well and worked hard but so many times he tries to run with the ball to long. In fact his not the only one. Destiny is great but he has to pass the ball earlier. His young so will learn. But in 94th min with the pressing is all game on our own half don’t try to dribble with the ball. Get it up field. That really cost as the free kick came after that!
U dogie dribbles too much in our own half and PEH gets rid to quickly without looking

I think we were expecting tap-in goals the whole match
richy 's second goal an exception

I know we just didn’t show the real desire to get that 3rd. We played far too slow and just pissed around dicking around with the ball at the back. We never learn!
dicking & swinging around front to back to left = ange ball?
or is ange ball (start) the goalie's short pass to the CM or CB to pivot left/right with his back turned to the opposition? i.e. deft touch right/left without knowing what's behind him.. playing out from our penalty area

the halllmark of ange-ball =
very low line after start of play from keeper.
very high line once our attack phases has started.
not sure of slow ball movement ... - Romero is quite slow in distributing

Last edited:
Wasn’t 50/50 was 100% a deliberate foul.
Pre meditated foul and premeditated no call from Michael Oliver

He knew about the story around the Ake goal and was expecting Everton to do it as well. He’d already decided to let some of them go.

This is the disgusting culture of premier league football now.
Sure, but isn’t this a Ryan Mason issue? His job is set pieces (I think), and there was talk from someone here that Everton would do just this. Our defenders should’ve been prepared and made sure that Vicario wasn’t bothered.

And yeah, of course a piece of that is that Vicario was a little weak (maybe not brave enough on the second one either), but the corners looked like a problem for the entire first half.

I never said it was “less credible.” It’s objectively harder to score an 18 yard curler top corner than it is to score a 2 yard tap in. Ricky’s second is a beautiful goal. That doesn’t mean it’s a more quality opportunity than Brathwaithe’s. Everton’s second is scored about 98/100 times. Richy’s is scored probably 5-10/100 times.

Everything I’ve mentioned is from my eye test. I simply looked up the xG after you started aimlessly claiming shots in the 2nd half meant we dominated them. Not all shots are created equally. The stats back up my eye test.

Lets not start lying to prove a point. Go back and read... I did not saying anything close to us being "dominant".

I said we were a) better in the second half (in response to you claiming it was basically 85 mins of shit like Wolves was) and b) created more chances/shots that actually needed a save than they did

Add those shots onto the quality of play that led to BOTH our goals and I put it you that the XG stats on this day are misleading.

Anyway..... Moving on. Pretty pissed off about the game and 1 or 2 other things.

Sure, but isn’t this a Ryan Mason issue? His job is set pieces (I think), and there was talk from someone here that Everton would do just this. Our defenders should’ve been prepared and made sure that Vicario wasn’t bothered.

And yeah, of course a piece of that is that Vicario was a little weak (maybe not brave enough on the second one either), but the corners looked like a problem for the entire first half.

Jelinek

But sure we have to adapt the way we defend set pieces half way through the season because officials have decided to ref us based on a narrative.

Sounds like a totally legit sports competition.

It’s the colour of a shit when you didn’t have time for a meal so ate a protein bar instead
Honestly, I hate the kit colour...
There are SO many colours out there to choose from (I realise that away kits have to be every colour under the sun these days, but this isn't even a COLOUR!!)
But from a certain distance, Porro & Richie looked naked in that kit at times today!!

...though I STILL think we should stick to 2 or 3 colour combos MAX for our away kit...
NAVY/WHITE,
ALL YELLOW,
or ALL SKY BLUE.

That's IT!
Go on, hit the disagree button you heathens!

Back
Top Bottom