Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I hate the kit colour...
There are SO many colours out there to choose from (I realise that away kits have to be every colour under the sun these days, but this isn't even a COLOUR!!)
But from a certain distance, Porro & Richie looked naked in that kit at times today!!

...though I STILL think we should stick to 2 or 3 colour combos MAX for our away kit...
NAVY/WHITE,
ALL YELLOW,
or ALL SKY BLUE.

That's IT!
Go on, hit the disagree button you heathens!

We had a black kit. I liked it.

Lets not start lying to prove a point. Go back and read... I did not saying anything close to us being "dominant".

I said we were a) better in the second half (in response to you claiming it was basically 85 mins of shit like Wolves was) and b) created more chances/shots that actually needed a save than they did

Add those shots onto the quality of play that led to BOTH our goals and I put it you that the XG stats on this day are misleading.

Anyway..... Moving on. Pretty pissed off about the game and 1 or 2 other things.
Fair enough, brother. Best of luck with whatever may be causing you trouble.

We had a black kit. I liked it.
...can't say black nowadays!

From a physics perspective, black is the absence of light and therefore not a colour.
color-spectrum.jpg

It was an absence of light kit you liked!

Last edited:
Too many players off form today. Apart from Werner early on, all the wingers were poor. Johnson was pretty anonymous, but Kulu was worse and gave away the free kick leading to the goal, with a lazy tackle.
Bents poor again, def looks like he forced his comeback too early and paying for it now.
We badly need Son and Biss back and even lo Celso would be a decent option from the bench, but appears he is still made from glass. Need a string of good results from upcoming home games to set us up for the run in to end of season.

Nah..Its the weak mentality permeating through our club from the top down. Conte saw it and Conte called it. Until this issue is addressed we'll continue to see more than our rightful share of capitulations and bottle jobs which sees us finish every season empty handed. Whoever the manager. Whoever the players

Although you could bury your head in the sand, I suppose. Just brush it off with a feeble excuse like yours🤷‍♂️
We played really well today, 1-15, I can't see your point for the life of me.

We didn't draw because we were weak mentally, we drew because our opponents played really well and got a shade lucky at the close.

That could easily have happened with your fantasy Spurs XI with a reincarnation of Sir Bill at the helm. It happens in football ALL THE TIME.

If you think that a point at Goodison is down to Levy-ENIC you're batshit crazy.

With so many of our own fans burying their heads in the sand every time we throw points away in such a soft bellied fashion I think this club fully deserves the 'Spursy' tag we've been saddled with....

Happy Clappers. = .The enemy of Ambition and the harbingers of Mediocrity
Haha! we can't win with you can we? today we're "spursy"

on another day your chastising a poster for not recognising our great cup history and the status of our great club.

you're a funny guy :sherwoodlol:

Last time we played these hoof merchants away I was in a hotel bed in Perth, WA. I fell asleep listening to Sky with us totally dominating them 0-1. Then woken up by the sound of a total donkey smashing in the equaliser in the later stages for a pathetic 1-1 draw.

Roll around 12 months…

Never change Tottenham

Just seen the first goal, frankly disgusting refereeing.

Its blatant.

Ange has been vocal in not reprimanding refs but gets no favours from them, in fact the opposite. Pathetic.
Don't really agree, it was way less blatant than the City one. Borderline maybe.

Whatever. it's clearly an issue. Other teams will see it and use it, Dyche did today and fair enough, we would have done too.

We need to work on it with the goalkeeping and defensive coaches. Find a way of stopping opponents from crowding Vic out.

Don't really agree, it was way less blatant than the City one. Borderline maybe. Whatever. it's clearly an issue. Other teams will see it and use it, Dyche did today and fair enough, we would have done too.

We need to work on it with the goalkeeping and defensive coaches. Find a way of stopping opponents from crowding Vic out.
...so why didn't we?
We've seen it happen up close TWICE now, yet don't seem to feel the need to respond by trying the same thing when WE get a corner...

You never know, it might actually just work for US once in a while....

.....of COURSE I'm joking, we'd get an instant free kick given against us if WE pulled a stunt like that!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom