Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can somebody with a better understanding of the laws of the game please explain why Harrison wasn’t ruled to be offside when the ball struck him on the way into the goal?

Now I know Richie was there but he was clearly over the goal line when the ball went in. I thought that there had to be two players between the attacker and the goal line to play said attacker onside.

I’m sure there is a good reason it was allowed and it’s not sour grapes on my part. But I haven’t seen any real reason as to why it stood.

Have fans conceded 8 goals in 90th minute this season or has that been players?
Most of those goals were harmless at the end of the day.

Ok, so instead of smashing Saudi Arabia 4-0 we smashed them 4-1. Bornemouth 3-1 instead of 3-0.

You talk of mentality but you're panicing over something which hasn't really cost us too much this season so far. There are some exceptions like Wolves and Everton, but it's not a sustained pattern.

Spurs home = 24 points away = 20.

Only City have a smaller gap between home and away points won.

City *24-22 (only played 10 at home)
Liverpool 29-22
Woolwich 29-20
Villa 28-18

Based on that it’s actually our home form that is not as good as the top 3.

Mate, there is statistics and there are the underlying reasons behind. Maybe watch bit more of later?

Our record is -
Home - 11 games, 8 wins, 3 losses. Out of which ALL of the 3 came in one month dumpster-fire period when we missed Romero, VDV, Madders + players from midfield. Before and after that we have 100% ratio at home. But even with this run included, we are on 2,18 ppg that would result in 83 points per season.

Away - 12 games, 5 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses. That is 1,67 ppg or 63 points per season.

Also just recently- we have played 3 bottom half sides in roughly month or so. At home we have 2 out of 2. Away it is 1 draw. Regarding Everton - we played them at home while they were in good form and won 2:1. Now we played them away while they were one of worst form teams in the league and drew 2:2.

So. Please, come again and say that there is no difference between playing home and away.
I see 20 points per season difference that has been very well proven within past 1,5 months as well.

Mate, there is statistics and there are the underlying reasons behind. Maybe watch bit more of later?

Our record is -
Home - 11 games, 8 wins, 3 losses. Out of which ALL of the 3 came in one month dumpster-fire period when we missed Romero, VDV, Madders + players from midfield. Before and after that we have 100% ratio at home. But even with this run included, we are on 2,18 ppg that would result in 83 points per season.

Away - 12 games, 5 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses. That is 1,67 ppg or 63 points per season.

Also just recently- we have played 3 bottom half sides in roughly month or so. At home we have 2 out of 2. Away it is 1 draw. Regarding Everton - we played them at home while they were in good form and won 2:1. Now we played them away while they were one of worst form teams in the league and drew 2:2.

So. Please, come again and say that there is no difference between playing home and away.
I see 20 points per season difference that has been very well proven within past 1,5 months as well.

What are you going on about???

Jesus wept, Cretin ous Goat uses more crosses than the Roman Crucifixion Team of 2000 years ago. I try to make assumptions about how I see Romero play rather than try to envisage I am on the training ground or in an Ange teamtalk listening to him giving Romero instructions. Perhaps Ange tells Johnson not to get to the byline and get crosses in, perhaps he tells PEH not to advance the ball quickly, something he gets stick for.

What are you going on about???

That you used some high-level statistic that is absolute garbage and there are many examples about us being REMARKABLY better at home.

Ofc, that would take some more knowledge, watching games and all that kind of an headache. Or at least reading what others write about it. But if one is unable do to either, then one could be stuck with shallow bullshit.

That you used some high-level statistic that is absolute garbage and there are many examples about us being REMARKABLY better at home.

Ofc, that would take some more knowledge, watching games and all that kind of an headache. Or at least reading what others write about it. But if one is unable do to either, then one could be stuck with shallow bullshit.

You’re a funny guy!

Jesus wept, Cretin ous Goat uses more crosses than the Roman Crucifixion Team of 2000 years ago. I try to make assumptions about how I see Romero play rather than try to envisage I am on the training ground or in an Ange teamtalk listening to him giving Romero instructions. Perhaps Ange tells Johnson not to get to the byline and get crosses in, perhaps he tells PEH not to advance the ball quickly, something he gets stick for.
Hooray!!

Most of those goals were harmless at the end of the day.

Ok, so instead of smashing Saudi Arabia 4-0 we smashed them 4-1. Bornemouth 3-1 instead of 3-0.

You talk of mentality but you're panicing over something which hasn't really cost us too much this season so far. There are some exceptions like Wolves and Everton, but it's not a sustained pattern.

Yes, you are right.

Letting opposition score 8 goals in dying minutes shows a real character and is obviously something we should be proud about.
And of course, those Wolves and Everton game goals are irrelevant. I mean it is not like 4 more points would put us in better position in league or anything!

Can somebody with a better understanding of the laws of the game please explain why Harrison wasn’t ruled to be offside when the ball struck him on the way into the goal?

Now I know Richie was there but he was clearly over the goal line when the ball went in. I thought that there had to be two players between the attacker and the goal line to play said attacker onside.

I’m sure there is a good reason it was allowed and it’s not sour grapes on my part. But I haven’t seen any real reason as to why it stood.
The commentators made a point of confirming that Richarlison still counted even though he had gone beyond the goal line, can't remember the reasoning, maybe something to do with not having been directed off the pitch by the referee so he was still officially in play or something.

Nothing to do with goal, but did anyone notice the state of the pitch?...looked like the local park!
I hadn't noticed how rough the pitch was until they showed an injured player late in the game. It was in terrible condition and not noticeable from the standard overhead camera angle. Probably all part of the Goodison advantage. Disrupt the more skilled sides passing, while having no impact on set pieces that they rely on.

Yes, you are right.

Letting opposition score 8 goals in dying minutes shows a real character and is obviously something we should be proud about.
And of course, those Wolves and Everton game goals are irrelevant. I mean it is not like 4 more points would put us in better position in league or anything!
Sigh.

I'm not saying we can't improve, I'm saying us dropping points due to late goals is so far not exactly a defining pattern of our season like some are making out.

The commentators made a point of confirming that Richarlison still counted even though he had gone beyond the goal line, can't remember the reasoning, maybe something to do with not having been directed off the pitch by the referee so he was still officially in play or something.
That's right.

The law makes sense, otherwise a player could simply step off the pitch to make an attacker offside.

I suppose you could introduce some idea of whether they did it deliberately or not, but that would open a whole new can of worms. In any event,

Can't remember it ever being an issue before in a goal.

We have not really played well for some time mainly due to injuries and players on international duties. Players are coming back but it takes a few games to get their form back and many of them are not at their best. This week we have a clear week which should allow rest and more tactical training. 2 new players not yet integrated as well. We have 2 problems being conceding late goals which is partly down to the high energy game we play meaning they are tired towards the end of the match especially if returning from injury. The other problem is the interference of our GK at corners and we must help him by blocking the aggressors.
With only 2 matches both at home left this month we should have time to sort these problems out as we need to go on a winning run to keep pace with the top 4.

I hadn't noticed how rough the pitch was until they showed an injured player late in the game. It was in terrible condition and not noticeable from the standard overhead camera angle. Probably all part of the Goodison advantage. Disrupt the more skilled sides passing, while having no impact on set pieces that they rely on.

Classic Dyche-ball nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom