Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just back from the game, and echoing what has been said, unbelievable what Everton are allowed to get away with, Parker had to have his shorts pulled off him before anything was giving for shirt pulling, and how they are allowed to just barge people away from headers, back into them, and just generally obstruct them beggars belief. I also agree with all that has been said around the positives from today. We shoulda won it.

Sickening that Chelsea get a win with an own goal and a lucky deflection...

I was told off by a steward today for singing "Yid Army" - "you're not supposed to use that word!". I paused for a second to consider having the political argument with him, but settled for just telling him to fuck off, and he duly obliged.

At least it wernt one of your own fans telling you to sit down for standing up when we had a chance !!!
Not only did "our get a goal and sit back "approach piss me off in the first half but i was shocked and fucked off by the atmosphere that greeted me in block 27 ( east lower). Now normally i aim to sit anywhere in south lower or as near to the south stand in east lower as possible cause thats where you actually get to support your team nowadays in white hart lane ,but because i did not want to miss any matches in the run in i snapped up a ticket on the ticket exchange when it became availible in east lower. Now block 27 is on the halfway line which i thought would still have a decent atmosphere but i was shocked to be surrounded by so called "fans" who made more noise talking during the half time interval then they did during the whole 90 mins. Came to a point where i snapped at the guy for telling me to sit down whilst we had a chance or he will report me to the stewards. I told him and the other silent grumpy cunts around us just what i thought of their support loud and clear and that i paid my money so i can support the team as i wish. Its fucking sad to think the scum down the road probably have an equal atmosphere to us cause for since i can remember that was the one thing we always had over them ! Real, true, noisy fans who would sing for the shirt come rain or shine.

And this is starting to transfer on to the pitch. 6 games left now and a quarter final coming up and instead of cheering every kick, challenge , shot and effort the lane has become a place it seems our players dont enjoy very much. Remember last year when kyle walker would drive down the right wing ? When ade would turn on the ball and try to break past the defence ? They no longer want to go that extra mile and take the risk because they know if it goes tits up the crowd will be on their backs quicker then they can say sorry to their team mates. So what you get is what we saw today kyle walker in plenty of space on the right looking for the simple ball inside, adebayor holding up play ( fucking finally ) to then slow down play by playing the ball backwards. Its not a coincidence this is happening game in game out, just take a look at how many points we have dropped at home this year.

As for the match today i feel we played well without kaboom, bale, lennon, sandro, defoe and some of the other guys stepped up very well today, hundrestone in the last 15 really suprised me with the way he spread the ball around when he came on. Hugo was incredible today and adebayor pulled his finger out ( lets not get to excited) someone needs to have a word with scotty because like its been mentioned his penetrating runs just dont work and the energy he uses doing them should be used in breaking up play which he is a master in. At times today he looked lost in the middle cause after driving forward he had no legs to get back. Big jan should be played at centreback at all times and avb needs to stop shuffling that back four because its starting to get a bit to complacent now. All in all a good effort just a shame about the final result. Lets look ahead to thursday and lets try our best to get a cup unlike those wankers down the road. And if your lucky enough to be there sing your hearts out for the shirt cause we need it !!!

Not gonna have a go at everyone of our fans at the lane today, but booing our own player is beyond ridiculous. What's he done wrong? Nothing. Presume they didn't celebrate the goal either? Support every player if they've got a spurs shirt on. Unless its Sol Campbell. Everyone hates Sol Campbell

No-one booed Huddlestone ffs, he got clapped when he came on, they booed the initial decision.

Agreed. I was in Block 30 and everyone around us was discussing how well Dembele was playing and how he seemed to be taking more responsibility for driving the team forward and therefore were obviously gutted when it was him who was taken off.

I must confess at the time I was also annoyed with AVB that it was THudd not Carroll but pleasantly surprised when big Tom actually contributed something positive.

Lineup and approach-wise, I actually think AVB got it spot on today. Fluid attacking moves, good movement and use of space. Just didn't find a way through Everton's catenaccio-style block of defence enough times.

I must confess at the time I was also annoyed with AVB that it was THudd not Carroll but pleasantly surprised when big Tom actually contributed something positive.
no problem with being annoyed at AVB mate I'd be pretty surprised if anyone was happy with that decision at the time. Glad it worked well as it shows Thudd can be useful in the run in & we need all the players performing even if they don't play much.

I realise I'm in a minority of one here butat the time I didn't think it was particularly bad to sub Dembele. I thought he was hoping Thudd could produce something with some long range passing where we weren't getting through with what we had on the pitch. At the same time we still needed Parker to break things up because Everton could easily have gone on to score a third.

Easily, Ade's best game of the year. Nice goal, solid movement and actually much more direct and involved in the center part of the pitch. Actually acting like a Striker. About damn time. Keep this up, pretty please ?

Consistent with this theme, the 2nd best player tonight who has gotten as much heat as Ade this season --> K. Walker. Played with a chip on his shoulder and completely out-played Baines wreaking havoc up the right side

Dembele & Siggy both solid and Siggy really has solidified his automatic involvement at LM/LW.

To the rest.

Parker . So good defensively in that CM. But such a damn liability in that attack. Spurs need to be quick to create chances and he continually slows things down. Parker is fine vs the heavyweights, but these home fixtures at the Lane should involve Carroll or Huddlestone.

Dempsey. Good lord that was a poor game. Usually after a poor game, you can at least say he worked his arse off. Not the case today. Completely disinterested. I'm not sure why AVB continues to play him on the wing. He is a CAM and needs to be centralized where he can be more involved and can crash the box on the crosses. Of course, that is Bale's position so really have to think Dempsey will be moving on in the Summer.

Holtby was inconsistent, but loved his involvement and work-rate. He has a future and proved today that he should be a clear selection ahead of Dempsey.

Lloris has been really good all year, but that first Everton goal was pretty disappointing for his level. With his ability, that goal is simply unacceptable

Caulker got turned and turned some back some more. Not exactly sure where we stand with his future at WHL

Overall, Everton brought it up and that result was pretty fair. LEts hope they do the same at Emirates

I thought they boo'ed the fact Dembele was coming off?

If anythihng - Demspey deserved to be subbed - he was invisible at best

I thought they boo'ed the fact Dembele was coming off?

If anythihng - Demspey deserved to be subbed - he was invisible at best

While I thought at the time it was obvious the booing was for the decision to sub Dembele, a lot of people seem to have thought Thudd was being booed. So Josh's point stands, I think: Thudd came on to a chorus of boos, and could easily have thought that was for bringing him in.

Tbh I thought booing the decision was dumb anyway. Yeah it's actually a sign the crowd appreciated what Dembele was doing. But the Lane is a negative enough ground already, booing the manager doesn't exactly help.

It wasn't even a bad decision. Dembele is skilfull in driving us forward and getting past players but at the end of the day, we weren't getting through. So the manager changed tactics.

I agree with all of that - simply wanted to point out my interpretation of the booing and it intended (to my mind) recipient

Back
Top Bottom