Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good all around effort.

I was especially pleased with Ade even without the early goal. He was interested and composed. He is finding some confidence. Parker is going to relish the time off after this one. I guess we let him heal completely, he is putting in mileage game after game now. Sandro is missed, thankfully Parker remains healthy.

Yep. Totally, which imo makes it the wrong decision. We should play to our strengths, not our weakness's.

Do you not think we benefited from Vertonghen going forward from that left back position tho? Gives him a bit more freedom I thought, and more options going forward.

Not claiming to be an expert, just my thoughts

AVB has consistently started Vertonghen at LB when the opposition's main threat is aerial.

Good idea in principle, and it's good to see some form of tactical reasoning in the team selection, but Vertonghen's best position is CB and I want to see him play there every game.

The problem here is that our ball winning midfielder (Parker) cant win a 50/50 long ball to save his life (see Mirallas goal) and doesnt cover enough ground to challenge for them before they bounce. Parker is a good tackler when they already have possession but he just doesnt give the center halfs enough coverage. Dembele, for all his gifts, is not a defensive midfielder either.

I would start playing Vert as a holding defensive midfielder in front of the defense. Only play Walker when the other team doesnt have a great left attacker.

Also, our marking on set pieces is shambolic. WTF

At least the refs have collectively stopped calling back every third Spurs goal like they did last season. I remember seeing the table if all our discounted goals had counted and we were in 2nd on 81 points or something like that.

While the ticky takky BS is annoying, its not as annoying as fair goals being called back week in and week out.

The problem here is that our ball winning midfielder (Parker) cant win a 50/50 long ball to save his life (see Mirallas goal) and doesnt cover enough ground to challenge for them before they bounce. Parker is a good tackler when they already have possession but he just doesnt give the center halfs enough coverage. Dembele, for all his gifts, is not a defensive midfielder either.

I would start playing Vert as a holding defensive midfielder in front of the defense. Only play Walker when the other team doesnt have a great left attacker.

Also, our marking on set pieces is shambolic. WTF

I thought Walker played very well today. I thought today was the best game Walker has played in a while now. Vertonghen consideres himself a CB and chose us over Woolwich because he didn't want to play DM.

Wish Ade played like that every week, was definitely MOTM today.
Good performance today just the defence let us down , Dawson was very poor today.

Wish Ade played like that every week, was definitely MOTM today.
Good performance today just the defence let us down , Dawson was very poor today.

You never know, he could step up for the rest of the season. Bit of confidence will do him the world of good, whats that now 3 goals in 4 games?

If you look at Ade's performances he has been consistently getting better. I thought last game was his best of the season, but today he did even better. MOM goes to Siggy in my mind. Siggy, Ade and Walker were all very good.

If Ade and Walker can continue to play like they did today i'm very confident in winning the EL and qualifying for CL. If we can get by Basil without Bale or Lennon i think we will win the EL. Bale and Lennon will both be back for the EL (after our assumed win against Basil).

You never know, he could step up for the rest of the season. Bit of confidence will do him the world of good, whats that now 3 goals in 4 games?
Let's hope so , was unlucky with the second goal not being his also.

Just back from the game, and echoing what has been said, unbelievable what Everton are allowed to get away with, Parker had to have his shorts pulled off him before anything was giving for shirt pulling, and how they are allowed to just barge people away from headers, back into them, and just generally obstruct them beggars belief. I also agree with all that has been said around the positives from today. We shoulda won it.

Sickening that Chelsea get a win with an own goal and a lucky deflection...

I was told off by a steward today for singing "Yid Army" - "you're not supposed to use that word!". I paused for a second to consider having the political argument with him, but settled for just telling him to fuck off, and he duly obliged.

I think I'm gonna retire making match threads... that's something like 3-4/3-4 draws now... never again! someone with a good record make one for Basel! A previous landmark or incredible fightback win is preferable!

Definitely down to confidence, if half the twats in the crowd realise this now and actually encourage him rather than booing then we've got half a chance of winning some of the remaining games.

I just explained it - at the time I felt the tactical moves being made were BS.

It's a footballing opioning in a thread full of abuse. Why did it warrant a negative rep?

Why add to the 'abuse'? At least see how the substitution plans out (in this case positively) and then reflect. You're acting like I singled you out. Don't blow things out of proportion, i clicked a button, lolz.

I feel pretty optimistic for top 4 at the moment.
As long as we don't lose to Chelsea I think we will be OK. They still have Liverpool and United away, local derby against Fulham away and also Villa away who are hitting a bit of form. Everton home last day of the season won't be easy either.
They also have a trip to Russia and most likely 2 semi final games in the EL, plus the FA cup too.

Surely they will struggle with the amount of games they have.

We on the other hand, have a break after Thursday with key players coming back. Hopefully a fresh full squad for the final 6 games.

:avbpray:

Back
Top Bottom